Official Wednesday Night Sac Raceway Drag Race meet thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by Killian Maynard
... Either one of those I will be more than happy with out of the box so...
That's what I thought.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3
That's what I thought.
Me too...
Old 04-21-2005, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I have decided to find a car that I wont be so inclined to pour $ into.
:rotfl: good luck with that
Old 04-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Hyundai Accent?
Old 04-21-2005, 12:51 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Actually, if you want to save money, go the opposite route- buy a cheapass older Impreza or legacy and spend $10-12k on a swap and suspension. Beware though, I attempted this route and have failed miserably thus far at "saving" money that way.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 2007 STI
i figure with the mods you have you should stay with the wrx. it is all driver. look at half the evo & sti drivers at the track they are putting down 14's. with the mods you got killian you should be just as fast. practice your launch get it down then practice some more. once you 60 ft gets under 2.0 you will see a differance. if at any time someone wants to see what their car can run let me know and i will try to make it up to the track. i know i am not the best driver but i am doing something right(so flame it up) but my numbers prove it. and possibly i can show some people how to launch help with e.t's

Gil
Old 04-21-2005, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
Umm... I'm not too sure what I'm going to be doing at this point. I may be trading in my WRX for a used STI or a new EVO RS. :covers head:

I had a bit of an epiphany recently and I have decided to find a car that I wont be so inclined to pour $ into. Either one of those I will be more than happy with out of the box so...we will see what happens. I really hope to stick with Subarus but I may end up with the EVO RS untill the next gen Impreza comes out.

With both of these cars you'll be bored with the power and want more, It might take a few months. Power is an addiction and you'll always want more. The Wrx isn't a good Drag car either, and to keep practicing your launches with fry your tranny, Beleive me I've done this.

Nick
Old 04-21-2005, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 2007 suzuki GSX-R600
Originally Posted by GiliganWRX
i figure with the mods you have you should stay with the wrx. it is all driver. look at half the evo & sti drivers at the track they are putting down 14's. with the mods you got killian you should be just as fast. practice your launch get it down then practice some more. once you 60 ft gets under 2.0 you will see a differance. if at any time someone wants to see what their car can run let me know and i will try to make it up to the track. i know i am not the best driver but i am doing something right(so flame it up) but my numbers prove it. and possibly i can show some people how to launch help with e.t's

Gil
what he said. Your times are the same as my time
Old 04-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 2005 SRR WRX
I appreciate all of the comments and suggestions, I'm not all about having a good drag car. If that was the case AWD wouldnt be the route for me. I am however interested in tracking a car and doing auto x's and just basic spirited driving. In order for me to bring my car to the point where I feel like my setup really isnt holding back what I am capable of I will have to put out more $.

Aside from that you all know I was in accident 3 days after I bought the car. Since I've had it back there has been something going on in either the tranny or rear differential that is getting worse. Before the drags last night I noticed something strange but didnt think much of it. I have since realized that it is something reoccuring and I'm worried that with what i have done to my car I wont be warranteed or even covered by the insurance company who paid for the initial repair. Its my fault, I know I should have waited to mod my car but didnt and here I am.

So basically the accident and my new philosophy on modding (if it holds up) has led me to the point where the STi or EVO will be right for me. Or even a Hyundai accent that I would be too embarrased to mod.

I'm not 100% on this and would only do it if I came across the right deal. I really do hope to stick with ubaru for now because you guys have all been really cool and fun to hang out with and I would be bummed to switch over to the darkside, although I have always held a friendly rivalry towards the EVO's.

I will keep you all informed.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Team Brown
Time Slip
rt: .286
60: 2.011 (still not there yet)
E.T: 13.909
MPH: 97.045.
good job jason, soon you'll be in the 12's.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:55 PM

just wondering....

Do we have a lot of interest in drag racing in Sac? I'm asking cause if there was an exclusive event, would there be a lot of support from the WRX/STi crew?

Nebo
Slow Black Evo
Old 04-26-2005, 09:58 PM

I would be in, too kick some EVO butt.....

I think the subbys would out number the EVOs by alot.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:06 PM

hehehehe okay i'm gonna make a comment as a joke so take it lightly.

Yes you guys will outnumber us with cars but our combined WHP will be greater muhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm just kidding, i got nothing but love for you guys.

Anyhow, keep your eyes peeled on this thread, there is something major being set up... thats the teaser i'll be giving out right now

nebo
Old 04-26-2005, 10:09 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
I'd be in to participate, but I dunno how much I'd be helping my Suby brethren with low 15 second passes. :rotfl:
Old 04-26-2005, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by nebolic
hehehehe okay i'm gonna make a comment as a joke so take it lightly.

Yes you guys will outnumber us with cars but our combined WHP will be greater muhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm just kidding, i got nothing but love for you guys.

Anyhow, keep your eyes peeled on this thread, there is something major being set up... thats the teaser i'll be giving out right now

nebo
Good, i'll be there...
I'm sure i can get IE EVO (497 WHP EVO) with his new Diffs/trans
and EVOTOMIG (my older brother with his 550+WHP EVO) with his new tune.
to race....
See if you can bring any of the tards over for NorCalEVO too run...and i don't mean the 14 second tuned by Works P2 flash Suckas......LOL
Maybe my STi will break into the 13's...
Mark

BTW NEB, PM with the details, maybe i can be of help??...

Last edited by MARKSTI; 04-26-2005 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Wednesday Night Sac Raceway Drag Race meet thread