MEET UP: North Bay, lets get it going!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 09:29 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by (V)aniac
I run 18x9.5 e38 with 255/40/18r's...my 2006 STI is lowered but I wouldn't call it slammed. I run negative camber in the front and rear with my stock fenders and with coilovers. Bottom line if you want better performance...a lower car is the way to go. It' basic physics and the concept of LCG comes into play. I have this setup for the sake of performance and the setup is a recommended configuration for Auto-X. Will it cause excessive wear on my bearings? Probably, but racing and performance isn't about excessive wear...it's about going faster. Yes...in addition to performance it looks pretty tight and way better than the the stock set up IMHO. How something looks when it come to cars is a very subjective topic and people with negative opinions should think about what they say before they say it. Will what "I" say add value and insight to the discussion? If not, put a lid on it. Also, second hand heresy...for example "So and so at such and such shop said this and that..." is a waste. Garner some experience and test things for yourself then come and bash. LOL

In terms of performance, now that's a very quantitative measurement and by no means subjective. I guarantee I will run circles around a stock set-up. For those considering lowering your car...feel free to reach out to me as I went through many trials and errors to get things just right. If you want, when I show up for the next meet I will even take you for a ride and let you drive if you want.

I'd Love to see your setup and take a ride sometime!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:43 AM

Car Info: a Scoobie
Originally Posted by (V)aniac
I run 18x9.5 e38 with 255/40/18r's...my 2006 STI is lowered but I wouldn't call it slammed. I run negative camber in the front and rear with my stock fenders and with coilovers. Bottom line if you want better performance...a lower car is the way to go. It' basic physics and the concept of LCG comes into play. I have this setup for the sake of performance and the setup is a recommended configuration for Auto-X. Will it cause excessive wear on my bearings? Probably, but racing and performance isn't about excessive wear...it's about going faster. Yes...in addition to performance it looks pretty tight and way better than the the stock set up IMHO. How something looks when it come to cars is a very subjective topic and people with negative opinions should think about what they say before they say it. Will what "I" say add value and insight to the discussion? If not, put a lid on it. Also, second hand heresy...for example "So and so at such and such shop saidI am like any lowerthis and that..." is a waste. Garner some experience and test things for yourself then come and bash. LOL

In terms of performance, now that's a very quantitative measurement and by no means subjective. I guarantee I will run circles around a stock set-up. For those considering lowering your car...feel free to reach out to me as I went through many trials and errors to get things just right. If you want, when I show up for the next meet I will even take you for a ride and let you drive if you want.

there's a difference on performance at track and auto cross and loring your car just because it looks nice. When is 4th performance track you obviously don't jst lower the car and its common sense and obviously that a lower car does handle better than a stock high car. you obviously don't just stop at Lowering your car but you upgrade stock parts once again because they're not meant for the wear and tear thats exccessive when the car is Lowered; and by upgrading those parts you are also getting a better performance at track. but like I said each to their own when it comes to Lowering their car for looks. when you have a daily driven car and it's just a lower for looksyou won't pay attention to small detail in parts that are meant for performance at track. you most likely will just lower the card just because. It does give it a nice look when the wheel gap if closer then the stock high ride. both me and wife have had lower cars but they were not meant for track. they were just "low"; like any low car there is wear and tear on stock parts and also on tires if you dont have the proper set up. I am NOT trying to discourage anybody to lower their cars bye for people to be in form that it's not just about lowering the car but there will be wear and tear.and I don't think that is "Bashing" just cuz I give my opinion about a slamed car or hella cambered. This is a topic like I said thatvwill go on and so forth, cuz people hqve different opinions
Old 12-21-2013, 09:54 AM

Car Info: 2012 OBP STi Hatchback
Just passed 20K this morning !!! saaaad
Old 12-21-2013, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by mickaeld
I jst hit 46k 27 miles ago
Old 12-21-2013, 10:11 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by bayuncotracho99

there's a difference on performance at track and auto cross and loring your car just because it looks nice. When is 4th performance track you obviously don't jst lower the car and its common sense and obviously that a lower car does handle better than a stock high car. you obviously don't just stop at Lowering your car but you upgrade stock parts once again because they're not meant for the wear and tear thats exccessive when the car is Lowered; and by upgrading those parts you are also getting a better performance at track. but like I said each to their own when it comes to Lowering their car for looks. when you have a daily driven car and it's just a lower for looksyou won't pay attention to small detail in parts that are meant for performance at track. you most likely will just lower the card just because. It does give it a nice look when the wheel gap if closer then the stock high ride. both me and wife have had lower cars but they were not meant for track. they were just "low"; like any low car there is wear and tear on stock parts and also on tires if you dont have the proper set up. I am NOT trying to discourage anybody to lower their cars bye for people to be in form that it's not just about lowering the car but there will be wear and tear.and I don't think that is "Bashing" just cuz I give my opinion about a slamed car or hella cambered. This is a topic like I said thatvwill go on and so forth, cuz people hqve different opinions
Yes there is a difference, rich's car is low for the track, mine is low for the look. Both serve a purpose, unique to the owner. don't be surprised when you rub somebody the wrong way by implying one is better than the other.
Maybe you should go back to your original statement of "low and awd don't go together" to understand what rich is trying to say.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by subysteez
Yes there is a difference, rich's car is low for the track, mine is low for the look. Both serve a purpose, unique to the owner. don't be surprised when you rub somebody the wrong way by implying one is better than the other.
Maybe you should go back to your original statement of "low and awd don't go together" to understand what rich is trying to say.
Not saying one is better than the other but if is for a pupose for track is obvious and cumon since a low car is better at handling than stock. Just simply saying that to slam ur AWDA car is Not recomended due to the exccesive wear and tear on other stock parts. And that's the reason why I said honduh owners do it cuz its just to be Low and Slow. Cuz I most of em don't do it for performance rather than fo looks and it looks retarded when they're hella cambered. Looks like the wheels are gonna fall off the car. Not only is a retarded look but an expensive one too.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:04 AM

And besides I should of being more specific and clear.... lower and slamed are 2 completely and separate things. I am refering too about being Slamed Not lower on an AWD car.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:15 PM

Car Info: Fiath carzy and also drives a 2014 wrx
Originally Posted by mickaeld
5k this week
Old 12-22-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by MilesYoung
5k this week
U already have 5k? Man I wish my car still had 100miles lol
Old 12-22-2013, 12:29 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRB STI Limited
5k this week
Wow dude! You might catch me, I'm only at 11K.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:58 PM

the drives and going up to Carson city twice since I bought it helped racked up the miles.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:47 PM

the drives and going up to Carson city twice since I bought it helped racked up the miles.
I think I've taken my car like 4 times to santa Barbara, once to south lake Tahoe, once to Reno, once to LA, and once to Vegas. ... + all the driving we've been doing the past yr... it's been a long past 3 yrs....
Old 12-22-2013, 02:37 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
you guys want me to chime in on the whole miles driven conversation? lol
Pretty sure Ill win.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
Pretty sure Ill win.
Ok everyone gather round it's story time.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:25 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRB STI Limited
Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
Pretty sure Ill win.
I try and keep my miles low lol. Let's hear it!

Quick Reply: MEET UP: North Bay, lets get it going!