2003 legacy auto to 6 speed topped off with sti engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:35 PM

2003 legacy auto to 6 speed topped off with sti engine swap

What's up iclub,

I have done a hostile take over of my wife's subi. I have started planning the 6 speed swap. And a few other original mods. If anyone has done the tranny swap I greatly appreciate any guidance. I also will be starting a YouTube channel documenting the swap and all the other mods I do. The reason behind is the fact that's idiots put the most useless diy videos on youtube I had to watch 5 videos just find out how to change my stereo.

Side note:

Any meets in the the east bay area?
Old 05-31-2014, 08:44 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
If you had to watch 5 videos to swap a car stereo are you sure your ready for a transmission swap? The way that was worded didn't sound to good.

I did a 6 speed swap in my 04 wrx. Hardest part is getting the transmission to mate up with the engine. I needed an extra set of hands for that. It helps if you jack the front of the engine some before pulling the old transmission off to keep the engine from rocking forward and throwing the angle off.

Also if your gathering parts and your in the bay area I have an extra auto driveshaft for the swap.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:37 AM

Nice! Noted. The only reason I had to watch 5 videos was because they where not very good videos and not in english............yeah...........anywayz it got done and I managed to fix a few other things while I was back there. I still havnt got all the parts I'll need but I have poured through hella forums and I'm pretty mechanically inclined the huge ***** is finding the clutch brake pedal assembly. Ahhhhhhhhhh! I can't find that **** anywhere. Subaru isn't much they keep asking for a Damn vin.