Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

foglight switch and cruise control switch don't light up anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan
Question foglight switch and cruise control switch don't light up anymore?

My 2002 WRX sedan, the foglight switch and cruise control switch are no longer illuminated when I click on the headlights. I asked my local dealer's parts dept if there is a bulb back there, but he couldn't find anything in his electronic lookup. Has anybody else changed the bulb, or is it part of the switches? Or maybe it is a wiring issue? Thanks for your help-

Jim
Old 10-05-2004, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 02-04R-STi PPG's FP-Green 391whp
Thumbs up

ya there are one or two bulbs in the switch asembly, depending on when-or what model suby you have. Anyway, take out the fuse pannel cover, like you where goin to look at the fuses. If you reach your hand up inside the dash a little bit you will feel the fog-cruse switches. Push on the switch where it comes in contact w/the dash, you will feel the clip that is part of the switch housing (push rite there) give it a wiggel and it should come rite out with the use of your other hand to help. Pull off the little wireing harnes. On the side of the switch are two different colored button like disks w/a slot in them for a screwdriver give then a 1/4 to 1/2 turn to one side or the other....I think its counter clock wise..... and they should loosen-release from the switch. Your bulbs are inside those buttons you just removed. the bulbs are super small, about the size of a pencil lead, so you may need a magnafing glass to see the filament.

If they are blown your dealer should have them instock......but if they blew at the same time Id say you got a short, blown fuse or somthing