Still Not Right...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 2009 Nissan 370Z
switched to the stock exhaust today... many thanks and a huge shaka to yamazaki for all the help... unfortunatly it didn't fix the problem completey... still gettin the same reaction just not as bad... ALSO while the intercolor was removed today, i noticed there is a composite plastic rod going from the engine to the body of the car... this rod happened to be snapped in half... anyone know what that rod does? why its there.. and why its made of plastic

Tony
Old 11-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Originally Posted by the5ilenced
switched to the stock exhaust today... many thanks and a huge shaka to yamazaki for all the help... unfortunatly it didn't fix the problem completey... still gettin the same reaction just not as bad... ALSO while the intercolor was removed today, i noticed there is a composite plastic rod going from the engine to the body of the car... this rod happened to be snapped in half... anyone know what that rod does? why its there.. and why its made of plastic

Tony

Take the car to the dealer tommorow.. (friday)...and let them fix it...and you should be good...
Old 11-25-2005, 12:38 AM

Car Info: easystreet's ESX 344 Stage 4 Dyno Tuned
Originally Posted by the5ilenced

Tony

just by hearing about the plastic rod that sounds like the pitching stopper, shouldnt be broken in half thats for sure, and my guess is that the engine has sensors that tell if the engine is rocking too much and maybe its acting funny, just a guess, but good luck with it bro!!
Old 11-25-2005, 01:07 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Good luck....Hopefully you get it fix...

Last edited by thunder_sti; 11-25-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:51 AM

Car Info: 2009 Nissan 370Z
cant get it into 5star till tuesday... anyone know if you can take your car into any other subie shop for repair? i was thinkin the same thing after i seen the rod, some sensor getting thrown off and all hell breaking loose
thanks
Tony
Old 11-25-2005, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
ok what I want you to check is for a boost problem as stated earlier.

it is NOT your exhaust so put that back on.

what you'll want to check for is a loose clamp that connects to your intercooler (throttle body hose clamp). you may have over looked it when tightening everything.

if you have a aftermarket bov then you'll want to check the conenction to the intercooler as well if it's tight.

if those are good take the intercooler off and check your hose clamps that connect underneath the intercooler.

if that still isn't good then check your intake hose clamps (though this is rare this could also be the problem)

check the connector that connects to the turbo charger. the hose might have slipped off. loosen the hose clamp on the turbo inlet hose and reconnect the hose. remember that just because you see the top of the hose on the turbo doesn't mean that the bottom is on. you'll have to use a flat head screw driver for this. after it's securely on then tighten the hose clamp with a nut driver or ratchet.

also if you can tighten the intercooler hose clamps with a ratchet. tight but not to tight as you can damage the hose clamp which will set you back even farther.

also if you're talking about the pitchmount that connects the engine to the firewall that should NOT be broken that easily. you'll want to get that replaced but if you really need one which is sounds like you do. I have an extra one at my house in salt lake. it resembles a dog bone shape (sort of).

Jon
Old 11-25-2005, 12:58 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
in addition to the things that I've stated...

if you have an aftermarket FMIC then you'll want to check the connections (hose clamps...etc.) if they are tight and that they are not loose or disconnected.

the problem that you're experiencing is something that has happened to me many times from carelessness or being to tired to remember what you've done after a long install day.

if you get in your car and drive you'll reach about 4~5K RPM then the car will bog hard or sound like it's going to blow up (sorry don't have a better description that that) anything under that rpm range is ok anything at that range or higher doesn't happen.

it's a boost leak.

put your exhaust back on

double and triple check the things that I've stated in my previous post

Jon
Old 11-25-2005, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
yeah what he said...knowing jon..he's very meticulous(sp)...haha...miss you man..how's the babies?
Old 11-25-2005, 07:03 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Good advice, Jon. I figured it couldn't be the TBE by reading your description of the problem. Good luck in diagnosing/fixing your problem. Hopefully, you'll have it running well by tonight
Old 11-26-2005, 01:47 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
i'm free anytime before wednesday. pm me you # and i'll give you a call. i'm no expert but i have had problems like that before. L8R