i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   Still Not Right... (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/still-not-right-118864/)

the5ilenced 11-23-2005 06:51 PM

Still Not Right...

So my car still isn't running right... replaced the coil pack and plug in the #1 cylinder... only to have the same problem... everytime i step on the gas my car just boggs out.. .doesn't wanna move for sh*t.
So i think i wanna put my stock exhaust back on... does anyone have the time or equipment to help? Free food free drinks whatever it takes... id just like to have my only car up and running again.
Now i know its really freakin close to the holidays, and ppl just dont have time like they should.. but from one subie lover to another please help me!!!
tony

Mystic_88 11-23-2005 07:14 PM

Wow, what kind of exhaust did you get? Did it fit correctly. I mean, how can adding an exhaust do that to your car?

de pilipino guy 11-23-2005 07:20 PM

why put the stock exhaust back on...i don't think it's the aftermarket exhaust that's causing your problems....correct me if im wrong...just my opinion...

the5ilenced 11-23-2005 07:32 PM

ive got an RSR exhaust (turbo back) completely catless... the exhaust is fine.. its been fine... for about a month plus... about 2 weeks ago before i left i started having this problem...
if anything putting the stock on lets me take it back to the dealer...
again if anyones willing to help me out ill definetly put up some food/ drinks whatever as long as i can get my baby runnin right

thunder_sti 11-23-2005 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=the5ilenced]ive got an RSR exhaust (turbo back) completely catless... the exhaust is fine.. its been fine... for about a month plus... about 2 weeks ago before i left i started having this problem...
if anything putting the stock on lets me take it back to the dealer...
again if anyones willing to help me out ill definetly put up some food/ drinks whatever as long as i can get my baby runnin right[/QUOTE]

Well if you want I can give you a hand, hopefully someone else does too... we can even do it in my house, but I need tools.... change tbe rsr to stock........and eat turkey...lol

YamazakiSubaru 11-23-2005 09:34 PM

We could do it at my place. I've got the garage, tools, and time. What I don't have is the experience. Jose, you said you'd help, right? When would be good for you two? By the way, welcome back Tony.
-Alexis

aznsensation18 11-23-2005 09:54 PM

Hey Tony Congratulations again...i was at your grad today. I should be able to give you hand just let me know where and what time. I know how it feels to have stuff go wrong. :(

abakja1 11-23-2005 10:00 PM

Boost leak problem? Is the car running fine when you are off boost (all engine) and then as soon as you get into boost the car bogs or stumbles hard?

If so, check your clamps/fittings, and hoses....just a suggestion,..

de pilipino guy 11-23-2005 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=YamazakiSubaru]We could do it at my place. I've got the garage, tools, and time. What I don't have is the experience. Jose, you said you'd help, right? When would be good for you two? By the way, welcome back Tony.
-Alexis[/QUOTE]
man you live in Ko'olina...that's too damn far for me..j/k

de pilipino guy 11-23-2005 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=thunder_sti]Well if you want I can give you a hand, hopefully someone else does too... we can even do it in my house, but I need tools.... change tbe rsr to stock........and eat turkey...lol[/QUOTE]
call me up if you guys do this...HOPEFULLY i can help...only if it's at your place..

YamazakiSubaru 11-23-2005 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=de pilipino guy]man you live in Ko'olina...that's too damn far for me..j/k[/QUOTE]
What if it was on Fri before going to the tracks? Then it would be kind of on the way, right?

de pilipino guy 11-23-2005 10:16 PM

i work on friday and get off at 230ish..you know how bad traffic is on a Friday, specially Ewa Bound....your so funny ALEXISSSS!!!!!

the5ilenced 11-24-2005 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=abakja1]Boost leak problem? Is the car running fine when you are off boost (all engine) and then as soon as you get into boost the car bogs or stumbles hard?

If so, check your clamps/fittings, and hoses....just a suggestion,..[/QUOTE]

that almost exactly what it sounds liike...

the5ilenced 11-24-2005 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=YamazakiSubaru]We could do it at my place. I've got the garage, tools, and time. What I don't have is the experience. Jose, you said you'd help, right? When would be good for you two? By the way, welcome back Tony.
-Alexis[/QUOTE]
Thanks alot yamazaki, anytime is good im game today, however i know its turkey day so if todays not good then thats totally understandable... give me a call 228-0622 let me know whens good for you
Thanks
Tony

808subaru 11-24-2005 11:52 AM

is your maf sensor plugged in??