need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 03:04 AM

Car Info: MY98 Impreza L
need some advice

Hi all,

I have been saving up for some time and have been waiting to get my 4EAT swapped to 5MT for some time now. I can still remember when Dom gave me some stick-shift lessons. I have found a shop in cali that can put together the parts and freight it here. What I want to know is if it is worth the trouble and if I can find a reliable place to do the job?

Has there been any AT-MT subaru conversions done here? Speedgear and Hi Pace Racing were suggested 5-speed conversion shops. Should I just invest my money elsewhere on other performance modifications?

It would be nice if I could get this done. Many tell me just to sell my car and get one with a 5 speed. My car has had quite a few things done to it, I would hate to see my car go. Many good times. If any of you can give me some help in any way, I would highly appreciate this.

Tuan
Old 01-21-2004, 03:38 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
what kind of car?

if u really love your car that much do it. . . for less hassle buy a 5 speed. if u want i can hook u up with my friend yusuke he knows the high pace staff really well.(his car is there as i speak) just email/pm if interested- i'll help ya as much as i can
Old 01-21-2004, 04:47 AM

MY98 Impreza

I have a MY98 Impreza. Its has quite a bit put on it. If it was stock, I would not think twice to trade it in for a standard. Would like to stay wit it. I will pm you and we can exchange numbers or something. Thanks bro.

Tuan
Old 01-21-2004, 02:22 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
Are you going to buy a standard WRX trans??
Old 01-21-2004, 03:53 PM

591 9442

thats the number for high pace if you have anymore questions. . . ask for ken. basically he asked if you have these parts already-(i know u have the trans) clutch pedal ***., lines... etc. . . he asked me if you need the driveshaft from a 5 spd.?? anyone know? and he said u might have to install a new ecu(or recalibrate it??-might idle up and down..??) i don't know if the drivesahaft is the same length or not. . . but yeah dude give him a call his labor cost seems pretty reasonable
Old 01-21-2004, 08:12 PM

Thanks gdogg,

I was promised the whole rear end including drive shafts, crossmembers and half shalfs. The deal with the ecu... I still havent fully understood how some people did it, but some say they disable the TCU and just short out the wire that requires the car to be in park. The wires for the reverse and brake can be reconnected. I have a link to a page that has a walkthrough for the swap. I will give him a call tomorrow. Thanks again.

Tuan
Old 02-10-2004, 01:13 AM

Talking

good luck bro,

call me if u still need help