Looks like Sen. Hanabusa is a very conflicted person...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
Looks like Sen. Hanabusa is a very conflicted person...

Interesting...Senator Hanabuse KILLED our tax credit...yet she apparently supports tax credits:

http://starbulletin.com/2002/09/15/e...l/special.html

Proponents disagree on the purpose of tax credits. Some say they should be used only to encourage new industry, as was the case of the high-tech industry tax credit. I disagree. Tax credits should be used to stimulate the economy, whether or not the industry exists.

For too long, we have said Kapolei is the second city and Ko Olina is Oahu's second resort destination. Neither the state nor the city has yet taken action to ensure that Kapolei does not become just another suburb or Ko Olina another Kuilima, which never became the North Shore's economic engine.

Tax credits, such as those proposed for Ko Olina specifically to construct a world-class aquarium and a marine science and mammal research facility, help the state's economic engine, which is in dire need of overhaul. If government can use tax credits to attract new industry, it can use them to enhance proven ones, too.

Let's stay committed to our plans and dreams. Kapolei is the second city and Ko Olina is the second resort destination. It is time to invest in the Leeward Coast and to open the door of economic opportunity to its residents and the rest of the state.
And then...there's this article...sounds like she's used to conflicts of interest:
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln03a.html

Senator sees no conflict in many ties to Ko Olina

State Sen. Colleen Hanabusa, backer of the controversial $75 million tax-credit program benefiting Ko Olina resort developer Jeffrey Stone, lives in a luxury Ko Olina townhouse purchased by her fiancé from Stone, and works in a downtown law office subleased from Stone, according to real estate and business records.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Got this e-mail reply from the senator:

Thank you for your email. I have received others that are identical.

As Mr. Oakland has said, he can build the race track without the tax credit. HB 994 is a tax credit and has nothing to do with whether or not the racing facility can be built.

Senator Colleen Hanabusa
Old 04-09-2006, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
Looks like she is in Stone's pocket to me. Which doesnt surprise me in the slightest as most politicians are so damn corrupt it would be damn impossible to get a fair and unbiased opinion out of them. Unfortunately it seems Hawaii has more than its fair share of corrupt politicians.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:35 AM

Car Info: 2004 Silver Jetta TDI
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
Got this e-mail reply from the senator:

Thank you for your email. I have received others that are identical.

As Mr. Oakland has said, he can build the race track without the tax credit. HB 994 is a tax credit and has nothing to do with whether or not the racing facility can be built.

Senator Colleen Hanabusa

I got one just like that too.