Anybody ever order tires from Costco?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by 808subaru
Bran,
This is just my take, but can I ask why you wanna go with costco? Tirerack has pretty good deals. Although shipping went up a bit, you can still get it for decent. My last 4 sets of tires were ordered through them, but i had gone through my connection at firestone to get the last set (hankooks).
You can have it shipped to any adress i believe.
Chris how do you like the hankooks?? They have mixed reviews over on tirerack.

-Brandon, I smell another set stash somewhere!!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:16 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by STIeffekz

and yes you can bring your own wheels to have the tires mounted, the only thing is that the tire and wheel combo that you get cant be that much bigger than the stock size of the tire and wheel combo that your car comes stock.

that was what i was told cuz when i was ordering they looked up the stock tire and wheel size of my car and told me that i was just within range of their policy, any bigger and they wouldnt do it.

also they wont do aggressive stretch tire setups
^^^That's it right there. I just went to Costco and told the guy what size tire I wanted to order and he said no problem. But, then he asked me what kind of car I had. I told him an '04 Wagon and he was like," Oh no, we can't put that on for you." Like Jason was saying, it needs to be within their specs. Come on, you guys know my set up ain't going to be within their specs...hahaha.

Originally Posted by 808subaru
Bran,
This is just my take, but can I ask why you wanna go with costco? Tirerack has pretty good deals. Although shipping went up a bit, you can still get it for decent. My last 4 sets of tires were ordered through them, but i had gone through my connection at firestone to get the last set (hankooks).
You can have it shipped to any adress i believe.
Surprisingly enough, Costco and even Sam's Club was cheaper than TireRack. In fact, Costco was cheaper , mounted and balanced, compared to TireRack's shipped only price.

Originally Posted by dub81

-Brandon, I smell another set stash somewhere!!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:04 AM

Car Info: 2004 Black STI
Originally Posted by Bran808
^^^That's it right there. I just went to Costco and told the guy what size tire I wanted to order and he said no problem. But, then he asked me what kind of car I had. I told him an '04 Wagon and he was like," Oh no, we can't put that on for you." Like Jason was saying, it needs to be within their specs. Come on, you guys know my set up ain't going to be within their specs...hahaha.

Surprisingly enough, Costco and even Sam's Club was cheaper than TireRack. In fact, Costco was cheaper , mounted and balanced, compared to TireRack's shipped only price.

ya back when i was shopping for tires costco beat out tire rack, i ordered bfg gforce sports from costco for $151 per tire mounted and balanced, when tire racks price was $148 per tire before shipping.

on the other hand you can always lie about what kinda car you have to get them to do the bigger size wheel haha, because they never even looked at my car when i went to pick up the wheels in a bmw x3 haha.

btw you doing another aggressive setup brandon?

im starting to have the urge to go more aggressive heh
Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by STIeffekz

btw you doing another aggressive setup brandon?
LOL, let's just put it this way.......I have issues, Hahahaha.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
LOL, let's just put it this way.......I have issues, Hahahaha.
dont be stinji post up some pictures!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
dont be stinji post up some pictures!
In due time my friend.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:14 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
hahaha ok
Old 09-17-2008, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
[quote=dub81;2326687]Chris how do you like the hankooks?? They have mixed reviews over on tirerack.

I have the R-S2 Z212's. You take the reviews with a grain of salt sometimes. I like them personally. For the price, a very good tire for solo street class racing, or daily driven vehicles. I would like to try the ones diego picked up. The direzza star specs seem promising.

I'm kinda shocked at that. If costco can compete with the same selection, then maybe i gotta hop online and check it out for my next tire purchase. I usually change tires every other year or so.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:54 PM

[QUOTE=808subaru;2327750]
Originally Posted by dub81
I would like to try the ones diego picked up. The direzza star specs seem promising.

I'm kinda shocked at that. If costco can compete with the same selection, then maybe i gotta hop online and check it out for my next tire purchase. I usually change tires every other year or so.
Dan (Ojichan) has those. He swears by them! Yeah, I definitely check them out, I was pleasantly surprised. BTW, they have a coupon for $60-$80 off a set of 4.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Kirkland Tires FTW Woot Woot!!!! Kirkland, the proud makers of Tires, Cookies, Jeans, and Heathcare Products. I pray to God they dont mix up the recipes. I can see it now, Rubberize Cookies, Denim Tires, and Chocolate chip tylenol

Na, na, na Seriously...Costco brings in great tires for a good price. And the service afterwards is great too!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Yeah, they always have $60-$80 off of Michelins or Bridgestone, but as someone else stated, they will not install non-spec tires.

I just bring my wheels in loose and they don't hassle me.