Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
You'll give up

your stock keyless when you put in the alarm. A lot of folks here go to Special T. The new alarms have turbo timers built in if you're interested in that.

San
Old 09-11-2003, 10:24 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Definitely talk to Efran (sp?) at Special T and he will hook you up. Forget about the stock fob since it wont do you any good. I got a sorta cheap alarm for some reason and am not happy with it so will be swapping for something better and with a small 2-way paging unit this time. No real suggestion on make or whatever, just get something with the features you want. They all "basically" do the same thing. I know some on here say there are cheap ones, but I figure its more just a visual warning really. If someone wants your car they will get it.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:05 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Alarm

I had Circuit City do my alarm I got the Viper 690VX has the paging remote thing. I probably would have had Special-T do the alarm but I 'm gonna hook it up where I can arm the alarm while the turbo timer is going. They also installed radio and speakers. Deck still don't pick up any stations... Kenwood
Old 09-12-2003, 12:26 AM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Re: Alarm

Originally posted by silver satin
I had Circuit City do my alarm I got the Viper 690VX has the paging remote thing. I probably would have had Special-T do the alarm but I 'm gonna hook it up where I can arm the alarm while the turbo timer is going. They also installed radio and speakers. Deck still don't pick up any stations... Kenwood
Special T does that turbo timer all the time. I just didnt have mine installed yet. I think I might swap the alarm out tho for something better, just not too happy with it. Sorta not working right anyways so I will see if they will work a deal for me to get something better.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:21 AM

NO

808STI, Like your last post said "Will void respectable warranties if connected to the failed part". So if it does not cause the problem they should cover the warrentied work that is required on your car. Schuman is pretty relaxed about it for the most part but if it nothing major you would be better off asking somebody on the fourm to help you out. I had taken my old car in and they never said anything they did the work that was required. Braun(I think thats his name) is pretty cool others on here will beg to differ but I haven't had any problems. Hope this helps it's been talked about many times before.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:30 AM

Re: Alarm

Do you have an STI ? if so then they may not have "powered" your antenna.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:49 AM

Antenna

Do you mean when they hooked up the alarm?? When I have Special-T do the mod so I can arm the alarm while the TT is going I'll have them check it out for me...
Old 09-12-2003, 06:37 PM

Car Info: STI
Re: Antenna

Do you mean when they hooked up the alarm?? When I have Special-T do the mod so I can arm the alarm while the TT is going I'll have them check it out for me...
Islandx is probably correct....most shops forget to hookup the antenna lead to the deck because there is no powered antenna (but there is a signal amplifier). If you want the easiest thing you should get an alarm with a timer function. I have it for my STI and it works well (when I use it), and its usually a little cheaper.....but you dont get a cool device....but you do save space

I've said it a bunch on here.....I'd recommend clifford because I've found them to be the most reliable....that being said, I really like the older models (IG7000 etc) versus the newer ones....
Old 09-12-2003, 07:28 PM

Thats not it..

The antenna is hooked up to the deck Special-T had Kenwood check the deck out, they said it was working fine. I actually tried two other decks I had and they both worked perfectly fine not sure whats going on. It started getting bad reception after I installed the TT not sure why either but will have them see if something else is screwed up. I just listen to CDs and the engine both are music to my ears.... OH I also treid totally disconnecting the TT and still crappy reception. Until I get a new deck I'll just keep this one.....