Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Official N/A exhaust thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 10:25 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Re: Re: Re: what do you recommend?

Originally posted by millionsofsubys
Hey BAN, where do you find them for $280 shipped? Let me know. That way I can save up and get them fairly quickly. Thanks.
Search for "easter special" on nasioc. Irvine Subaru (or ISr?) was selling them for that much to i-club and nasioc members. The price is probably still very close to that.

Originally posted by mysubaruimp
any alternatives, even 4 times the price, that fit a 2.2 single port? i have searched and searched, but all i can find are 2.5 headers.
AFAIK there are only Borlas for the single ports. Sorry.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 2001 sub. imp.
Re: Re: Re: Re: what do you recommend?

Originally posted by BAN SUVS
Search for "easter special" on nasioc. Irvine Subaru (or ISr?) was selling them for that much to i-club and nasioc members. The price is probably still very close to that.

AFAIK there are only Borlas for the single ports. Sorry.
well, that just adds to the pros of turboeing it.

N/A-0, F.I.-1
Old 07-09-2003, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
I was thinking about starting my own thread for this question, but I don't feel that important, so I found this thread...

I have a 98 Impreza OBS and I was looking to upgrade the intake/exhaust. As for the intake, I have read that there's not many options for MY98 or earlier (w/ MAF), and losing the stock air plenum can cause bogging. A K&N drop-in flter is on the way, because this is all I figured I could do without sacraficing low-end torque. As for the exhaust, I am considering purchacing a used WRX OEM muffler. This would give me the dual-tip I was looking for, but I had a couple questions concerning this:

Would it fit in the first place? (W/ slight mod & stock piping)?
Would the WRX muffer give me much more airflow that my original muffler?
If I got the muffler, would it be useful or necessary to get larger custom piping?
(remove cat(s)?)

I'm still learning, so any of you out there w/ some experience, please share some insight....
Old 09-10-2003, 06:38 AM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT MT
How about the Cobb Cat Back system? Is it irratating at freeway speeds? ( I cruis at 80-85 usually) Also, since I live in CA will that give me any problems with passing smog?

Quick Reply: Official N/A exhaust thread