Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Has anyone used RalliTEK's PerfectPower6 on there 2.5i?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:18 AM

Car Info: 07 impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by zavier
AVCS is only for emissions to a certain point...same with vtec...both systems are designed to keep emissions low when driving around at low speeds such as the city and when emissions tests are done...once you get to highway speed then it kicks the cams into a slightly different profile at which point are not emissions friendly...it's like a compromise...

and i do not believe you can tune AVCS because it takes air temp, throttle position, intake temps, and a few other parameters to determine when it finally locks both intake valves together...

also if anyone has an '07 2.5i like i do i wonder if they suffer the same problem the '07 STi does...staying in closed loop way to long making it a wee-bit difficult to tune
WRONG!!!!

YOU CAN TUNE THE AVCS!!

thanks to Greddy and thier NEW V-Manage unit!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:27 PM

Car Info: Impreza 2.5i
well on there web site it has nothing that tells me that it works with are cars.

Nissan

Honda

Mitsubishi...not subaru.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 PM

say what!?

V-Manage

The V-Manage, Variable Valve Timing Controller was designed by GReddy engineers to take advantage of some of the modern technology OE Manufactures* are now commonly incorporating into their latest engines. Based on the intuitive controls, datalogging and Maps of the e-manage Ultimate software, a tuner with a laptop computer, can now alter the factory’s ECU control of valve-timing at any RPM and load to optimize power output and fuel economy. However by purchasing GReddy's application specific V-manage Kits, you can simply "plug & play." V-manage Kits, include the V-manage, CD software, Plug-in Harness with adapter, and Pre-programmed MAP to optimise cam timing for increase horsepower, toque, and boost response.

(* Mitsubishi MIVEC, Honda iVTEC, Nissan CVTC, Subaru AVCS, Toyota VVTi,VVTL-I, Dual VVTi)

kind of funny, i dont know where you was looking at but i clearly states on their website it works with SABARU AVCS system!!! :P

http://www.greddy.com/products/displ...SubCategory=72
Old 10-14-2007, 01:00 AM

Unhappy

well i must have looked at a diffrent web site. sorry man. but it looks like its only for the sti...
Old 10-14-2007, 03:55 PM

it will work on ANY subaru that is running the AVCS system!!!!

they only have a "plug and play" kit for the new STi's, that only means us 2.5i guys will have to hard wire the v-manage into our ecu's, unless we buy the rallitek harness adapter for the pp6
Old 10-14-2007, 09:53 PM

so then do you think we could us both the pp6 and the v-manage to tune are cars?? were did it say that it works for are cars.. i would have to see that before i would even think about buying it...
Old 10-14-2007, 11:46 PM

the AVLS system on our 2.5i is controlled by the ECU just like the AVCS system is... the AVCS system is designed for the DOHC's where as the AVLS system is designed for the SOHC's!!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 AM

(* Mitsubishi MIVEC, Honda iVTEC, Nissan CVTC, Subaru AVCS, Toyota VVTi,VVTL-I, Dual VVTi)

Do you see AVLS up there cuz i dont. i see AVCS and thats the system that the wrx and sti us...not the 2.5i. like you stated haha. thats why i dont get how you think it will work with are cars. the avcs and the avls may work the same way..but there diffrent. im just saying that if it worked it would say avls. and it would say under Vehicle/Engine it would say sti, 2.5i. if you notice they are specific with the models it works for. not trying to fight with you..im just trying to see how you think it will work..when it has no info on it working for ARE cars...