Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Has anyone used RalliTEK's PerfectPower6 on there 2.5i?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:47 AM

Car Info: Impreza 2.5i
Has anyone used RalliTEK's PerfectPower6 on there 2.5i?

Hey everyone first time posting a thread. so be easy on me haha. I have a 06 2.5i i have been working on my car for the past 8 months. so far i have a injen cai, a ESPELIR JGT500R cat-back, Eibach Pro Kit springs and Rota Tarmac II wheels. getting a light weight pulley and rear sway bar is next week...but i always want more haha. so i have been looking into the pp6. can anyone tell me if it works and how well it works.

thank you very much guys.

Enrique
Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 2006 impreza
I'm also thinking of adding an injen CAI and espilir exhaust. Did this affect your gas mileage any?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:42 PM

well to be honest i have never really paid attention haha. i drive the car more aggressive since i have done all the stuff to my car. sorry i cant help. im sure it does help a lil bit
Old 10-01-2007, 01:30 AM

Car Info: was a 02 wrx now a beast
are you going to turbo your car using it what the avo kit? I know these work great and have been around for a long time. I have not personaly used PP6 but I know they worked with Ross of avo on this product and from what I know about sean I would trust it.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 07 impreza 2.5i
i'm also planing on using the pp6, but i wana hear from other 2.5i owners that have used it first. cuz i'll be turbo'in my car soon
Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 PM

ya im not looking to turbo my car..i just wanted it for the first 2 maps. just to get some extra power.

I dont think i would ever turbo my 2.5i...i would rather just do wrx swap. are cars are not made for turbo..so it wont be good for it. if got your engine built for it than ya..but its to much risk for me lol
Old 10-01-2007, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza 2.5i
I wanna know how it is also, I've had my pp6 for 7 months now and haven't gotten around to installing it YET lol. Hopefully i will soon. When i was in vegas and going to the flat4 meets there was a guy there with a saabaru 2.5 who had the pp6 on his car and he was telling me you will see the difference. He explained it as kinda having vtec where once it hits a certain rpm range it kicks in and the rpm's go up alot faster. When i bought mine i thought it came with the plug and play harness but it didn't/doesn't and I really don't want to splice into my factory wires. Once i get the money to get the harness i will send my pp6 back and have them solder it together so that i don't F anything up (i'm good at that). for you 2.5i'ers check me out on myspace, it's good to see other's sporting the non turbo's. here's the addy. http://www.myspace.com/subaru43 ( Subaru's United )
Old 10-01-2007, 09:56 PM

Has anyone used RalliTEK's PerfectPower6 on there 2.5i?-my-subie-1.jpg

Has anyone used RalliTEK's PerfectPower6 on there 2.5i?-my-subie-2.jpg

Has anyone used RalliTEK's PerfectPower6 on there 2.5i?-subie-4.jpg

Has anyone used RalliTEK's PerfectPower6 on there 2.5i?-subie-5.jpg

wanted to post some pics..to see if what you guys think. kinda wanna get a wrx wing..but at the same time..i dont want my car to look like somthing its not. im really big on not making my car look like a sti or wrx. but for now ill just save up for that pp6..that no one..has used lol... sigh...
Old 10-02-2007, 01:32 AM

i got a wrx wing, but my car's not a wrx.
I just felt the rear end was missing something, and I figured it was a spoiler.
I picked up one cheap, and I wanted a low profile one and the OEM wrx spoiler works perfectly fine. Limited spoiler was too expensive as well as the mine's trunk lip spoiler. STI is far too big for my likings.

just my 2 cents :P
Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 AM

Car Info: was a 02 wrx now a beast
yeah are avcs is not exactly the same as the vtec but with the right tuning it can make a diference and be used for power and not just emisions
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM

Ya j chow i saw your car and it looks tight with the wing. i would do that..but most the wings i have found are around $300. i would pay that if i really wanted it..i guess but i would rather use that money on something else you know. j chow were you happy with the crank pulley you got?? cuz im ordering mine this week...

tristan thanks for the info. when i get the pp6 im a little scared to do it myself..do you know of a place that would help me? and not charge me hella money lol.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 PM

I felt a different with the crank pulley regarding my rev's and rpm.
When shifting into the next gear or down shifting, the drops in rev's were a lot smoother in transition. Plus, it supposedly 'frees' up some hp
Old 10-02-2007, 02:45 PM

well thats sounds like it works well..it a cheap mod. so glad im getting it haha
thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 03:49 AM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by Evil Empire
yeah are avcs is not exactly the same as the vtec but with the right tuning it can make a diference and be used for power and not just emisions
AVCS is only for emissions to a certain point...same with vtec...both systems are designed to keep emissions low when driving around at low speeds such as the city and when emissions tests are done...once you get to highway speed then it kicks the cams into a slightly different profile at which point are not emissions friendly...it's like a compromise...

and i do not believe you can tune AVCS because it takes air temp, throttle position, intake temps, and a few other parameters to determine when it finally locks both intake valves together...

also if anyone has an '07 2.5i like i do i wonder if they suffer the same problem the '07 STi does...staying in closed loop way to long making it a wee-bit difficult to tune
Old 10-11-2007, 01:16 AM

well yesterday i got my pulley installed. i have been taking my car to this subie shop. the guy who owns it worked for subaru for over 30 years. he has his own shop. they only work on subies..nothing else and all the guys there are really nice.

i have taken my car there for all my mods. i was asking them about the pp6. they told me that it works great for N/A cars..and older wrxs but the new wrx and sti not so well. the ecu fights the pp6 and it makes it to hard to tune. but not for us 2.5i..ers haha. so thats good news!!

Quick Reply: Has anyone used RalliTEK's PerfectPower6 on there 2.5i?