Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Does anyone believe that this intake makes up to 30hp

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 06:24 PM

Car Info: 2004 Sti
I'm looking forward to seeing your two cars #'s with the CAI. I have one coming hopefully after injen re-opens for the new year...

Also, for anyone who says Injen has "Lo Quality " build on their products, I would have to strongly disagree, the CAI I helped install on a WRX was a very nice piece, and their Cat back is very good looking, beutifully welded... so there.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:34 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by injentech
...We use our very own 2wd/4wd DYNOJET Dyno- the same type that Nascar uses.
I believed every word you said...until you mentioned NASCAR.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:31 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by Oaf
I believed every word you said...until you mentioned NASCAR.

haha.. the numbers are only good when you turn left :P
Old 12-27-2004, 12:02 AM

No Gain

Originally Posted by midnightwrx
I came across this and I'm in full disbelieve that this limited edition injen CAI made +30hp for the STI. What do you guys think?

http://store1.vividracing.com/catalo...a2bd87411cba6b
I DON'T THINK THAT INJEN CAI WILL GAIN 30WHP B/C I GOT IT AND I DON'T FEEL THAT 30WHP AND MY BOOST IS DROPING.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:03 AM

Got More Picture

Injen Install
Old 12-27-2004, 12:23 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by injentech
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and that's why we have these great forums. In regards to the our new RS1201 Cold air system for the STi, yes you will actually see these types of results. We in no way guarantee that everyone will get the same HP gains, and no company in their right mind would gurantee results, so to accurately state the gains you have to use "up to." I hope everyone realizes that every car is not the same and there are a lot of variables involved- Some may get less some may get more HP...It all depends. We even have the dyno results to prove it. We use our very own 2wd/4wd DYNOJET Dyno- the same type that Nascar uses. Remember, that all dynos are not the same as well- Anyone with dyno experience can confirm this as well. All the STi's we tested have been stock with no mods whatsoever.

Do you really think we would go as far as to discredit our name by producing false claims? Not very likely and surely would be very distasteful on our part. We have always backed up our claims with actual results, even in independent tests- have concluded our systems to make power. So please keep that in mind.

The RS1201 is a truly amazing cold air system hands down!

Independent tests huh?

I have a great marketing opportunity for you then! You bring one of your guys up here to the bay area and put your intake on a local bone stock STI and dyno it on ATPs dynojet and if it makes +30whp, hell if it makes +25whp(have to account for any little differences in temp, time of day, alignments of the planets, etc., right?) I'll not only pay for the intake, dyno time, and your guys air fare, I'll get a bunch of us here down to ATP to videotape the whole thing and post it here with a big report on how I made an *** out of myself in front of the injen guys, and it wouldnt cost you a cent! Think of the marketing value of something like that! Just let me know when you guys are ready
Old 12-27-2004, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 04 STi/67 rotary 311/C20/DT Barracuda
Originally Posted by Krinkov
Independent tests huh?

I have a great marketing opportunity for you then! You bring one of your guys up here to the bay area and put your intake on a local bone stock STI and dyno it on ATPs dynojet and if it makes +30whp, hell if it makes +25whp(have to account for any little differences in temp, time of day, alignments of the planets, etc., right?) I'll not only pay for the intake, dyno time, and your guys air fare, I'll get a bunch of us here down to ATP to videotape the whole thing and post it here with a big report on how I made an *** out of myself in front of the injen guys, and it wouldnt cost you a cent! Think of the marketing value of something like that! Just let me know when you guys are ready
Now are we talking just bolt it on 30hp or bolt it on and tune it ala ecutech...ect?
Old 12-27-2004, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by areg
Now are we talking just bolt it on 30hp or bolt it on and tune it ala ecutech...ect?
nope, they're claiming a bolt on 30whp on a BONE STOCK sti on a dynojet, no tuning.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by DVS Rex
^^ Can you buy me an intake to, Mr. Money bags!!!
well I have a feeling I wont be buying anyone any intakes, but sure, if you want to be the impartial STI we test on than you got it, just waiting to hear back from Injen
Old 12-27-2004, 05:30 PM

I'll throw in some strippers if they can get that 30+ hp
Old 12-27-2004, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by MARKSTI
I'll throw in some strippers if they can get that 30+ hp

HAHAHA, w00t! Strippers!:banana:
Old 12-27-2004, 11:53 PM

i bet u the intake don't gain 30whp b/c my don't. I think its only make sound and drop my boost ...got less hp now.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by sti_baby
i bet u the intake don't gain 30whp b/c my don't. I think its only make sound and drop my boost ...got less hp now.
yes, every CAI I have seen loses boost when run alone, I feel for ya

Quick Reply: Does anyone believe that this intake makes up to 30hp