Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Question on gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:05 AM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Question on gaskets

So I finally decided to go stage 2, but had no idea where to buy gaskets. I hit up Speed Element and they said they had 3" gaskets in stock so I went over and bought them. What I didn't know is that they were gonna be some weird paper ones that are like wrapped in aluminum or something. I thought they had metal gaskets but they didn't and they didn't tell me they were going to be like paper or cardboard... Has anyone ever used these gaskets before? I don't want to put them on if they are gonna be *** and not do what they're supposed to. Also, just found out about GrimmSpeed 3" gaskets. Should I return the SpeedElement ones and get the GrimmSpeed gaskets?

** Short Version. SpeedElement 3" paper/cardboard gaskets. Are they good or not? Should I return and get GrimmSpeed 3" gaskets?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:15 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Originally Posted by Guillermo
So I finally decided to go stage 2, but had no idea where to buy gaskets. I hit up Speed Element and they said they had 3" gaskets in stock so I went over and bought them. What I didn't know is that they were gonna be some weird paper ones that are like wrapped in aluminum or something. I thought they had metal gaskets but they didn't and they didn't tell me they were going to be like paper or cardboard... Has anyone ever used these gaskets before? I don't want to put them on if they are gonna be *** and not do what they're supposed to. Also, just found out about GrimmSpeed 3" gaskets. Should I return the SpeedElement ones and get the GrimmSpeed gaskets?

** Short Version. SpeedElement 3" paper/cardboard gaskets. Are they good or not? Should I return and get GrimmSpeed 3" gaskets?
Im guessing your talking about for your exhaust? Downpipe to catback gasket? Im running the layered metal ones that came with my invidia exhaust and i have no leaks, they are great! I prefer the metal because you never have to worry about corrosion of the gaskets.

I have i think 2 extra 3" ones, brand new that you can just have if you want em.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Het guillermo try Vex motorsports, they're local... I bought gaskets from them before...metal and 3 inch
Old 10-21-2011, 11:26 AM

Yeah, left that out. For downpipe to catback. I think I can only get the turbo to downpipe from the dealer right? or is there a cheaper place to get one?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Remflex makes great gaskets. I'm using one on my DP to CB. Zero leaks.
Remflex Exhaust Header / Manifold Gaskets

Dont know if the local shops carry them.
Rally Sport Direct has them
Remflex 3 inch 2 Bolt Exhaust Gasket at RallySportDirect.com

Grimmspeed also makes a turbo to DP gasket
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Exha...s-and-Hardware
Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Volkey
Im guessing your talking about for your exhaust? Downpipe to catback gasket? Im running the layered metal ones that came with my invidia exhaust and i have no leaks, they are great! I prefer the metal because you never have to worry about corrosion of the gaskets.

I have i think 2 extra 3" ones, brand new that you can just have if you want em.
Really? I might take you up on that. If Shayhan wants to trade DP's, then it'd be great since you're both in Livermore. I wouldn't have to make two trips.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 PM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
cool, I will PM you my number
Old 10-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Guillermo
Really? I might take you up on that. If Shayhan wants to trade DP's, then it'd be great since you're both in Livermore. I wouldn't have to make two trips.
Were on for the DP especially since your already coming out here.

I am running the speed element DP gasket and it works fine.....Just FTR.

Hurry up and call me casue I want to swap out my DP toninght but can be patient.