Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Perrin crank pulley installed! The results.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Br1t1shguy
the real world results is the human *** cannot detect a 1-2 crank horsepower increase, but you're wallet in you're back pocket wishes it could, thus I bet it feels like you just added at least 20.
do you have any idea what your trying to prove? what are you trying to point out? your confusing everyone on this thread. if you have no idea what your talking about and have no experience with this mod, i suggest you don't post. i never said i can detect this mod with my butt dyno. that is why i said i'm going to the track to see the results. everyone knows that 10hp and lower cannot be felt with a butt dyno. i guess you got way over excited because you just found that out and go posting on here trying to prove a point?
Old 09-07-2004, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyStas
bump...waiting for results
i went to the track yesterday and had a bad day. i guess i only have myself to blame for messing up my launch and got bad sixty feet time. it was a very hot day. i think i had one good launch, but some how my sixty feet turned out bad like those other launches. also, i had a hard time shifting from 1st to 2nd now because the rpm just flew right up after 5k so i redlined it a couple time. i tried not to redline it after but it's harder to shift right at 7k now. i think i have to shift much sooner to hit it right at 7k because the rpm seems to bounce up 500rpm everytime i shift. the engine seem to rev a lot faster after 5k. any input?

btw, i didn't have a hard time shifting from 1st to 2nd before this mod.

Last edited by wickedrex; 09-07-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: black my03 5mt wrx s/w
Originally Posted by wickedrex
it's my car and i know when it idle lower or not. it idle exactly at 500rpm after the pulley. do you have any experience with this pulley before to judge my statement? some people from clubwrx said they're idle drop fron 750rpm to 500rpm as well. check out the thread if you like: http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...threadid=77948
also, for people who still have doubts about the idle being lower, why don't you just take a look at your tach and tell me where it idle at? i'm pretty sure it's at 750rpm.

look, i've been running a GFB set for >20k miles.

the pulley DID NOT CHANGE YOUR IDLE SPEED. the pulley has f-all to do with idle speed.

learn how to read the calibration tic marks on your tachometer, newbie.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX
Heres why you're idle speed didnt change man:

Look at you're engine.

See a carbuerator?

No?

That means it's fuel injected. When was you're car built? After the late 80's? Ok, that means the idle is electronically regulated using an IAC (idle air control valve). That means the car adjusts airflow into the engine to maintain a set idle no matter what you hang of the front of it. So you're idle didnt change, unless of course you reprogrammed the ECU. Did you? No? It didnt change.

Once agian, not trying to be an ***, but when 10 people tell you it didnt change, maybe its time to listen.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:29 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX
Originally Posted by wickedrex
do you have any idea what your trying to prove? what are you trying to point out? your confusing everyone on this thread. if you have no idea what your talking about and have no experience with this mod, i suggest you don't post. i never said i can detect this mod with my butt dyno. that is why i said i'm going to the track to see the results. everyone knows that 10hp and lower cannot be felt with a butt dyno. i guess you got way over excited because you just found that out and go posting on here trying to prove a point?

No you're all right. After years on honda forums where crappy underdrive pulley threads crop up every other day with some kid proclaiming unto the world that it "Totally R0X0RS, L3KE MY FR13ND5 M3 STANDS NO CHANCE!!!!", i'm a little quick on the draw or whatev. my bad
Old 09-16-2004, 01:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
here's my experience with this mod:

-no idle issues whatsoever
-no stalling issues
-RPMs rise more quickly (ascertained by watching the tach while accelerating from a standstill)
-stock driveability
-and I have yet to hit the rev limiter while changing gears

My car is basically stock, with the exception of this pulley and the Perrin IC hoses. This mod is great considering the cost along with its benefits. But perhaps, the benefits are more easily perceived by others. I recommend this as a good mod to do right of the bat, along with replacing the IC hoses. Together the two have a seeming effect on the car's performance, without any mechanical drawbacks or significant financial ones either. Besides, I rememer when the WRX first came out in 01, that the price of Samco hoses were between $200-$300. Seems a whole lot more reasonable now.