Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 03:18 PM

hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware

well, i just recently installed my blitz nur-spec catback and drove it for about two weeks. yesterday, swapped it out with a friends hks carbon-ti to see which i liked more. here's what i have found so far.

looks and fitment

HKS
-huge! the muffler on this is big compared to the blitz
-comes out at an angle
-install was a little harder. flanges that connected the mid pipe to the oem mid pipe/down pipe, did not have groves to accept the stock springs that go around the bolts and the hangers were hard to get into the exhaust mounts.
-ladies seem to like the carbon ti muffler

BLITZ
-comes out straight
-hangs very close to bumper
-looks great imho
-accepts the stock springs that goes around the bolts
-very shiny
-muffler isn't to big

Sound and performance

HKS
-i thought something this big would be loud, but it seems very quiet to me. then again, i went from the blitz to the hks and everything is probably quiet compared to that. but i would have to say it is not loud enough for me.
-not loud enough to set off most alarms
-seems to have more of that back fire poping noise then the blitz
-performance? it's just a catback...haha...but really, im sure there was a increase, but not much.

BLITZ
-extremely loud. it feel like that at idle, it is just as loud as the hks while the hks is at cruising speeds. i love the exhaust tone, especially at wot.
-triggers alarms at cruising speeds on the street.
-performance....it sure sounded like i was going faster

overall, they are both great looking exhaust, but i have to say i like the blitz more. it looks more subtle cause it tucked in under the bumper, but is real loud. carbin ti is a lil to big and not loud enough.

NOW HERE ARE THE PICS...
Attached Thumbnails hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware-hks-small.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 03:24 PM

ANOTHER HKS
Attached Thumbnails hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware-hks-small-2.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 03:26 PM

AND ANOTHER HKS
Attached Thumbnails hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware-hks-small-3.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 03:28 PM

HERE'S THE BLITZ
Attached Thumbnails hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware-blitx-small-3.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 03:33 PM

ANOTHER BLITZ
Attached Thumbnails hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware-blitz-small.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 03:35 PM

AND ONE MORE BLITZ
Attached Thumbnails hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware-blitz-small-2.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 03:36 PM

if you need or want anyother pictures let me know. i have the hks on right now, but can take pictures of the blitz on my friends white 03 sedan.

-tj
Old 05-03-2004, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
that blitz looks alot like the Helix cat-back form the pictures
Old 05-03-2004, 04:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 WRBlue WRX sedan
Originally posted by blue blurr
that blitz looks alot like the Helix cat-back form the pictures
i agree
Old 05-03-2004, 04:08 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
The HKS having a big muffler doesn't mean it's going to be louder than the Blitz with a smaller muffler. You suppress a lot more sound by having a big muffler/silencer. That's why I never thought the HKS would backfire more than the Blitz.

Great job with the pics and review though. I have the Blitz NUR on my car and I love it. The fit and finish is excellent, and I feel bad sometimes coz I set off car alarms all the time. I think the Blitz Nur is one of the baddest exhausts out there:banana:. Not a whole lot of people use it because it is real loud. The trade-off though, it's not as obvious as having a huge muffler like the HKS. My friend has the Carbon Ti on his car and you would think I get pulled over more for having a loud exhaust right? NOPE . He's actually got 2 tickets from his exhaust compared to me, NONE. (KNOCK ON WOOD)
Old 05-03-2004, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by DizzyWRX
i agree
it's a blitz..
Attached Thumbnails hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware-blitz-small-4.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 05:53 PM

Re: hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k be

Originally posted by wrxless

HKS
-not loud enough to set off most alarms
-seems to have more of that back fire poping noise then the blitz

catless it's pretty loud. I haven't heard the Blitz in person yet (that I know of) but it should sound as loud as the blitz with cats on.

As far as the popping noise, it's very easy to do You can pretty much hear it very clearly in 2nd or 3rd gear (at around 2k-3k) by just tapping the throttle lightly a few times
Old 05-03-2004, 06:20 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black WRX wagon
nice dude. i personlly like the look of the blitz way more than the that of the HKS. The tip is too big and i hate the angle. lol. too bad the blitz is way to loud for me.
anyhoo. thought i'd jump on the occasion to post a new pic. i too have a black 04 wagon.
Attached Thumbnails hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware-125_2564.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 06:34 PM

i want blitz nurspec so bad
Old 05-03-2004, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Re: Re: hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k be

Originally posted by TurnWRX
catless it's pretty loud. I haven't heard the Blitz in person yet (that I know of) but it should sound as loud as the blitz with cats on.

As far as the popping noise, it's very easy to do You can pretty much hear it very clearly in 2nd or 3rd gear (at around 2k-3k) by just tapping the throttle lightly a few times
Hey Marshall, I'm pretty sure you've heard the Blitz before. Remember jiverturkey? He was the Filipino guy with the WRB WRX with the Euro front plates, NERD decal on the rear windshield, and the gold ROTA Subzeros. His girlfriend went to school with us, and he was on campus pretty frequently. He had a Blitz NUR-Spec, and hot damn was it loud

Quick Reply: hks carbon ti vs. blitz nur spec - Install, performance and visual review. 56k beware