Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

gt30 on stock motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:32 AM

Car Info: Silver 2002 WRX
gt30 on stock motor

im looking at doing the perrin gt30 kit on my 02 wrx but i just wanted to know if my motor could handle it for alittle while. as of right now i have stock internals and valve train(come april i will start to build and sti block i have and my wrx heads), perrin fmic, sti pinks, walbro fuel pump,vf34, xx tuning headers and uppipe(although a new uppipe comes with the kit), tbe, perrin cai, ect. for the moment im running the cobb ap and street tuner(getting a aem ems in april). all in all im looking to run around 20psi on the gt30 with a good tune. will i be fine for a couple of months? can i use the injectors i have for now or should i buy new ones?im sure there are some things i forgot to say or ask but i just woke up so please bare with me. thanks in advanced
Old 10-18-2006, 01:53 PM

Car Info: Jaguar XJR, VW Corrado, 911 Carrera
You should wait till your STi block is ready.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:33 PM

Car Info: C32 AMG, Lincoln Navigator, LS1 Trans Am, E36 Bmw
Smile

Originally Posted by WickedWRX
im looking at doing the perrin gt30 kit on my 02 wrx but i just wanted to know if my motor could handle it for alittle while. as of right now i have stock internals and valve train(come april i will start to build and sti block i have and my wrx heads), perrin fmic, sti pinks, walbro fuel pump,vf34, xx tuning headers and uppipe(although a new uppipe comes with the kit), tbe, perrin cai, ect. for the moment im running the cobb ap and street tuner(getting a aem ems in april). all in all im looking to run around 20psi on the gt30 with a good tune. will i be fine for a couple of months? can i use the injectors i have for now or should i buy new ones?im sure there are some things i forgot to say or ask but i just woke up so please bare with me. thanks in advanced
If you limit your boost, then yes. 20 psi on a VF34 is using a healthy limit on the Pinks. A gt30 at the same psi would NOT be a good idea. Keep the boost low and you should be fine. But that defeats the purpose of even installing it. Plus, there is a HUGE amount of lag on a normal ej20. A V7 motor is the ONLY 2 liter engine that can make use of that turbo effectively. Bottom line, build up your engine first. Hoped that helped.

AJ.