Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
fuel filter

so I just bought some kind of generic fuel filter at autozone, they didn't have a pn listed for the 03 wrx so they gave me the one they had listed for the 03 impreza, does anyone know if it's the same part ? and would you use something non name brand ? I mean it doesn't even say "fram"...
Old 06-03-2005, 07:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '94 WRX, '97 Forester S/Tb, '95 WRX-RA
I am almost certain the fuel filter for all impreza models are identical. But, I ordered mine direct from Subaru. Not sure about Auto Zone's stock.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:48 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by VIBEELEVEN
does anyone know if it's the same part ? and would you use something non name brand ?
If it's not too late, I would return that thing to Autozone for a refund. I would not use a no-name anything on our cars. No-name means no guarantee it even meets OEM specs. Worse case is that filter might disintegrate and clog your injectors. It might look the same on the outside but might be a real POS inside.

A few years ago in F1, one of the major teams had a wheel bearing failure, which was considered unusual. A subsequent analysis of the part showed that it was a counterfeit piece that made its way into this team's regular supply channel. Needless to say the team manager was furious.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 06-04-2005, 03:36 PM
VIP Member

Thanks guys I'll return it, do you have a good source for oe fuel filters(besides the rip off dealership) or should I go with the fram.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:47 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Vibeeleven, have you tried Subaruparts.com? I've never bought from them myself but I know people who have and they've recommended them to me. I'll probably go that route when it comes time to change mine, that is, unless fram is cheaper..? Here's the direct link... http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=414#1640 It's about 21 bucks.
Smitty
Old 06-04-2005, 04:57 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by VIBEELEVEN
Thanks guys I'll return it, do you have a good source for oe fuel filters(besides the rip off dealership) or should I go with the fram.
You're probably okay with any name brand fuel filter (Fram, Purolator, etc.).

You might post in the regional forum to see where the other members buy their OEM filters because I know quite a few of them perform most of the recommended maintenance themselves. The warranty remains in effect as long as you have receipts and a maintenance log for your car should their be a warranty claim.

Alternatively, you could order from one of the online dealerships like subaruparts.com. They discount everything below normal list price but it's more of a bargain if you order things in bulk because of the shipping cost. The last time I ordered OEM oil filters it cost me five bucks and change for each filter, factoring in the shipping cost, because I bought at least eight of them in one order.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 06-04-2005, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Thanks, I live in Napa so I probably have the same kind of auto part stores as you, but I'll try http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=414#1640 the only reason I didn't is because I thought it would be a waste to ship one item. I'm in the process of doing my 30k service and the fuel filter and coolant flush are the last things I have to do. A hundred or less dollars sure beats paying the dealership 4-500 bucks to do it.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:06 PM

Car Info: subaru impreza 2011
hmm i have this crown car fuel filters, i bought it on partstrain and they gave me manual and instructions on how to change my fuel filter and also they helped me match it with my car. Did they also gave you kinda like that?or did they ask you what model or if it is matched with your car?

Last edited by thegreatscott; 07-09-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
This thread is 7 years old. Did you have any particular concerns?