Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Exhaust Inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 11:40 AM

Car Info: Black WRX
dude i just installed my stromung catback with helix down pipe and uppipe. the sound is awesome, every single person who heard it loves it, i even got coments just on the stop light from few people, it is sweet.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
prodrive is just an axleback
Old 05-25-2004, 02:22 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
Originally Posted by namitherussian
dude i just installed my stromung catback with helix down pipe and uppipe. the sound is awesome, every single person who heard it loves it, i even got coments just on the stop light from few people, it is sweet.
do you have a cel after installing your exhaust...and if no did your exhaust come with a O2 bung??? just curious...i am trying to figure out what i need to get rid of mine...i dont want to reset my ecu because i heard it comes back on after about 50 miles and i am not quite certain whether i should pull the code??? ne ideas?? thanks

daniel
Old 05-25-2004, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by DanyoCantDrift
do you have a cel after installing your exhaust...and if no did your exhaust come with a O2 bung??? just curious...i am trying to figure out what i need to get rid of mine...i dont want to reset my ecu because i heard it comes back on after about 50 miles and i am not quite certain whether i should pull the code??? ne ideas?? thanks

daniel
how many cat's are you running?
Old 05-25-2004, 03:48 PM

Car Info: Black WRX
The CEL fix wire came with my Helix downpipe/uppipe combo, you simply cut the wires of the O2 sensor that plugs into your downpipe rewire the CEL fix into it (directions come with it) and thats it. NO CEL. You do have to unhook the negative on your battery so ECU will reset
Old 05-25-2004, 04:18 PM

Car Info: _
Borla Hush uses the factory donut gasket so you'll need to have a flat flange welded-on to work with most aftermarket downpipes.
I think the Stromung is abit louder than the Borla but I went with the Borla since I have a wagon and didn't want the nasty drone that can happen in the backend.

Don't waste your time with the Prodrive AxleBack...wouldn't you rather replace the entire thing with stainless steel rather than just the can? Not much performance gains from an axle back either...
Old 05-26-2004, 12:46 PM

Car Info: _
Originally Posted by Puguglies
What do you mean by factory donut gasket? And what would I need for the Borla hush system to fit with a perrin downpipe.
The donut gasket is used to seal against the end of the DP/mid-pipe.
I'm not sure about the Perrin DP and whether it replaces the mid pipe section. Ask MPJ Performance.