Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Help! AP Install Failure. Test mode not working?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx
Help! AP Install Failure. Test mode not working?

I have an 03 wrx bone stock. I received my ap in the mail tried to install stage 1. Instructions are easy.

So I did all the connections as state in the instructions. I made sure I was in test mode prior to loading the map. I downloaded the stock map onto the AP and started to upload the stage 1 map. About halfway through or so, it states that it has a communication error and fails.

I go to about and check the dongles and it states that there is no connection. I kept trying to uninstall the map, but I could not establish a connection. Now my car won't start. I also noticed that my car is no longer in test mode. The fans and fuel pump don't cycle like it did when I first entered test mode. How do I get back into test mode or did I fry my ecu?

It was too late to call COBB so I called a suby guy. He said that I may have been too low on my battery. I obviously established the proper connections for the stock map download to occur. I used cables to another battery today and the same problem. The AP says that there is no connection. Any ideas on how to get my test mode to work again? I'm guessing that because the upload failed halfway in, the ecu doesn't recognize test mode any longer.

Appreciate any input. Thanks. I'm desperate. No legs now.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:31 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
The cable may be bad.