STROMUNG EXHAUSTS!!!! Look NO Further!! Best Deals Around!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 09:55 AM

Car Info: WR Blue WRX
mutant 9 - You are right no difference in the WRX and STi Catbacks....the 3in DP will not fit the stock because it is a full 3in pipe trying to connect to the 2.5in pipe. It will connect but there is a chance that you will not get a tight fit. No telling...I have had people say that they have got it to work fine and others say that they had to work it a little to get it to not leak. Hope this helps!

SubRob - Hey I just replied to your email with the same questions so you can check that for the answers! Let me know!

blue blurr - PM's are being answered as we speak!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and didn't get too stuffed!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 11-29-2004, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Brian,

Will the 2.5" catless down pipe connect to the stock midpipe with out problem on my 03 WRX?

I notice that there is no devorced waistgate on this peice nor is there a bellmouth for the waistgate. What effects does this have on performance and turbo responce?

Thanks again
Old 11-30-2004, 10:31 AM

mutant 9 - Stromung is not making the 2.5in DP anymore because everyone was wanting the 3in because it made more power. If you wanted one I could see if they would do a special order but it would take a little longer to get it. All of Stromung's 2.5in parts fit upto the stock pieces great. They had better torque numbers on the 2.5in DP then anything else but the 3in stuff made better HP numbers. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 12-24-2004, 06:03 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by misterx
Our pipe is similar to the Stromung, but there are some very important differences. Here's the description of our pipe:

"The Crucial Racing Systems downpipe is manufactured to the highest standards using 100% 304 stainless for the pipes AND flanges, ensuring perfect fitment. This 3” pipe will bolt to your stock catalytic converter. It features a divorced wastegate and the wastegate tube is extended to just next to the bottom of the main exhaust pipe to minimize turbulence in exhaust gas flow.

The pipes and flanges are coated with the highest quality metallic-ceramic thermal protective barrier available today (2000 F is its rating and at 2400 F the coating still retains its integrity) to keep under-hood temperatures noticeably lower and maintain higher exhaust gas velocity. Extreme care is taken during the coating application process to ensure that the coating is applied consistently and will never fail."

Without naming ANY other manufacturer, especially Stromung, DPs are often made with "stainless steel pipe" but the grade is not mentioned and the material used for the flanges frequently is not mentioned. That's why we offer a lifetime guarantee.

As far as the midpipe goes, we have one in development now. But any midpipe that bolts up to the stock DP will work.
Brian: Care to elaborate on this matter?

check this thread out please: https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...869#post806869 it's in HIIC chapter (Hawaii)

not trying to cause trouble but just want to know if STROMUNG knows about a "similar" if not duplicate pipe out there that is just made out of another material and ceramic coated.

Jon

Last edited by iNfEk; 12-24-2004 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:58 AM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
Would anyone mind posting pics on the type XA on their WRX? 04 if possible... thanks!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:27 AM

iNfEk - Hey bud sorry for the delay in response! I have been closed for the holidays and have just gotten back into town! I do not know a lot about this new company any their claims but I will pass it onto Stromung and see what they have to say. Stromung has been in business for a long time now and have always strived to protect the integrity of their products and service. I have talked to other companies about this coating process before and they said that trapping the heat inside the Downpipe was a bad idea. This came from TurboXS...and I have talked to others about this too and they all said that trapping the heat in the downpipe would not be very safe or reliable. I will pass this on to Stromung though and see what they will say.

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 01-06-2005, 05:30 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by 1neWRX
Would anyone mind posting pics on the type XA on their WRX? 04 if possible... thanks!
Some one has to have one............ . ...
Old 01-07-2005, 03:06 PM

traffic - You would think! I will try and look up the customers of mine that have purchased an XA tip and see if they can get us some pictures.

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 01-28-2005, 05:02 PM

SALE SALE SALE!!!! FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH TILL THE END OF FEBUARY TAKE THE FOLLOWING DISCOUNTS OFF OF THE ALREADY GREAT PRICES ON ANY STROMUNG EXHAUST!! AXLE BACK, CAT BACK, AND EVEN TURBO BACK...WHAT EVER YOUR HEART DESIRES!!

AXLE BACK TAKE - $10 OFF
CAT BACK TAKE - $15 OFF
TURBO BACK TAKE - $20 OFF

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 02-13-2005, 11:12 AM

SALE IS STILL ON!!! Don't miss out on the deals!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 02-20-2005, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Hey Brian, could you check with Stromung and see if they make an exhaust for the Infiniti G35? i loved the sound of that exhaust on my wrx
Old 02-22-2005, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Any pics of the dual tip or type xa on a wrx?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
For an STi with a stock downpipe, do I need the 2.5" cat back, or will a 3" work?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:21 AM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
Could ya pm me the price for a 3" midpipe(the one right before the axle-back) for the WRX shipped to Hawaii.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by blue blurr
Any pics of the dual tip or type xa on a wrx?
RussB has a close up pic of his car with a dual tip here https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...t=61428&page=8.

Quick Reply: STROMUNG EXHAUSTS!!!! Look NO Further!! Best Deals Around!!