STROMUNG EXHAUSTS!!!! Look NO Further!! Best Deals Around!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:39 AM

Sent payment for dual tip Stromung (RS)

Jay
Old 10-20-2004, 10:52 AM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX
pm sent re: mufflers.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:07 AM

Car Info: WR Blue WRX
Jyik40 - Got it! I will get this processed and let you know when I have a tracking number for you! Thank you for your business and support!

RexKAT - Working on it now! You will have a PM in a few!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 10-20-2004, 11:18 AM

Jyik40 - Oh and I left you some feedback under your Trader Rating... Which is under your screen name on a post incase you don't know.

Thanks again!

Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 10-20-2004, 05:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Do you have any axleback's with a dual tip that is all 3"? I have a Blitz Nur-Spec R cat back and I want an axleback that will quiet it down some. I'm not sure if it will bolt up but if it would work how much would it set me back includeing shipping to St. Louis MO?

Last edited by MO REX; 10-20-2004 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
the axleback portion that came with my turboback is full 3", so you should be able to get ahold of that.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:43 AM

MO REX - Yes you can get a 3in Axle Back for $465 shipped. It will quiet your car down a bit but you will still be able to tell a difference. Let me know if you would like to go ahead and order one.

You can place an order by sending funds through PayPal to autransam@earthlink.net and I will take care of the rest!

RussB - Thank you for helping out bud!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 10-21-2004, 05:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

Just how much do you think this axle back will quiet my exhaust down and do you know for sure that it will bolt up to the front section of my Nur-Spec catback? With the silencer in the Blitz I can handel the volume but without it's as loud as a ****. I'm hopeing to buy something that is the same volume or a little louder than my Nur-Spec with the silencer and I want to get rid of the grapefruit shooter look. I'm not too worried about the volume at WOT, just at idle and when I'm cruiseing up to 85 mph (no droning). Also is the muffler black with stainless tips or is it all stainless in color?

Sorry to bombard you with these questions but I would hate to spend $465 and have an exhaust that is too loud for my taste. If your answers are what I'm looking for I will be ordering an axle back and gasket very soon.

Current exhaust mods.

STI upipe

TXS DP and cat pipe

Blitz Nur-Spec R catback

Thanks.

Last edited by MO REX; 10-21-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
i had a 3" straight through magnaflow with a 4" tip catback custom made a year or so ago. that thing was freakin loud, i'd imagine it's about as loud as your nur-spec since it's very similar construction. The stromung is much quieter, even at WOT. it's even wife friendly as for the looks, it is a full stainless muffler. looks pretty stock though, here's mine.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:42 PM

RussB - You are DA MAN on answering all these questions. You are right on top of things. Oh and nice pic there!

MO REX - Exactly what RussB was saying. It will be quieter then the NurSpec for sure but still loud enough to notice. And it is all Stainless and looks bad arss! As far as for sure it will bolt up in theory it should since most catbacks use the same design flow but there has been no offical testing done. So you are at your own risk with that one. But I would think it would fit. Just want to be up front with you. Either way you will have a great exhaust and if it doesn't fit I will work with you to get you the other pipe that will work with it.

So just let me know what you would like to do!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 10-24-2004, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Thanks for the help RussB and thanks to Flash N Dash for being honest, PM sent.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:53 AM

Car Info: '00 GT Wagon, BP wannabe
I'm not good with the exhaust stuff. I have a 2000 LGT Wagon. Will any of these work? What do I need? I am not looking for noise at all but can accept some. My engine is completely stock.

What is the difference between cat back and axle back?

LEGACY
2.5in piping
Axle Back
Dual Tip - $435
Single Tip - $405
Intermediate Pipe (has resonator built in) - $210

Cat Back
Dual Tip - $645
Single Tip - $615

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:55 AM

Car Info: '00 GT Wagon, BP wannabe
Originally Posted by Flanders
I have a 2000 LGT Wagon.
Do you have anything else for my car you can recommend?

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2004, 12:32 PM

MO REX - Yor are most welcome! I will be responding to your PM in a few minutes.

Flanders - So you have a 2000 Legacy Wagon correct? If so then any of the exhausts that you posted will fit your car. The difference in the exhausts, Catback vs. Axleback, is in the name. A catback consists of two parts...and Intermediate Pipe and a Rear Muffler Section....and it connects just behind the catylitic converter of your car. Hince Catback... And the Axle Back is one piece it is just the Rear Muffler section...going from the axle of your car back...hence Axleback. See the diff? The Catback will give you more HP but neither are real loud. The most popular is the Dual Tip because it looks stock and produces a nice sound but it is not real loud at all. Let me know if you have any other questions but this is what I would recommend for your car.

PoopRSkupe - Yes we sure do! It is like all of the Stromung exhausts...Stainless Steel. No more of that mild stuff! And I understand about not wanting to read through all of these pages...it was up to 40 earlier this year and I had to start a new one! That is how much people love these exhausts though. Let me know if you are ready to get one or if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance

Last edited by Flash N Dash; 10-25-2004 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply: STROMUNG EXHAUSTS!!!! Look NO Further!! Best Deals Around!!