Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

not needed chatter

Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
not needed chatter

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
And thats the reason why I asked if it came with. I also think that all vender's on I club should offer a warranty with s built engine they install.
or a free oil cooler? you're asking for too much Matt

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
If the problem is due to the customer why would the work still have a warranty?
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
How does a shop warranty any product if that product fails during a track event?
That's all that needs to be said. No on knows how hard you pushed it or what the conditions were. We DO know you didnt have an oil cooler. If you track a car, a cooler is a MUST!!! No way around it. If it failed on the road, and you only went to AutoHQ to service your car to their reccomendations, and all records were kept, and THEN it failed, then maybe I could see a situation where a warranty would be..... warranted ( no pun intended ). But you tracked a motor that wasnt ready for the track and blew it.Plain and simple. Let it go. Learn from your mistake, take the lesson to the next motor, and move on

/hijack

Last edited by rau; 07-08-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:22 AM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by rau
or a free oil cooler? you're asking for too much Matt

That's all that needs to be said. No on knows how hard you pushed it or what the conditions were. We DO know you didnt have an oil cooler. If you track a car, a cooler is a MUST!!! No way around it. If it failed on the road, and you only went to AutoHQ to service your car to their reccomendations, and all records were kept, and THEN it failed, then maybe I could see a situation where a warranty would be..... warranted ( no pun intended ). But you tracked a motor that wasnt ready for the track and blew it.Plain and simple. Let it go. Learn from your mistake, take the lesson to the next motor, and move on

/hijack
Your acting like any idiot should know that a oil cooler is needed, like there is some ej257 bible with a collumn that says track day=oil cooler. The majority of people running that day were running on stock cooling, now hindsight with 120* temps it was pretty hail maryish (is that a word?) To go out and run but how do we know untill something breaks? Now we know, and I even learned from Matts hardship. Its very easy to armchair quarterback with the woulda shoulda coulda stuff, but Matts the one with the repair bill.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:16 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by SR20steve
Your acting like any idiot should know that a oil cooler is needed, like there is some ej257 bible with a collumn that says track day=oil cooler. The majority of people running that day were running on stock cooling, now hindsight with 120* temps it was pretty hail maryish (is that a word?) To go out and run but how do we know untill something breaks? Now we know, and I even learned from Matts hardship. Its very easy to armchair quarterback with the woulda shoulda coulda stuff, but Matts the one with the repair bill.
Are you telling me that an oil cooler is NOT NEEDED at the track? really? wow............

All i have to say is wow.........