What is the launch for a WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 10:35 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX WRB
For best TIMES you should drop the clutch at peak boost, probably around 4-5k rpms for your mods. This puts a huge stress on the transmission and is definitely not a good idea on a regular basis, but it should get you some decent times. The other option is to rev the engine to about the same rpms and then slip the clutch. This will smell bad and reduce the clutch life. But, your times will be almost as good as dumping the clutch and clutches are cheaper to replace than transmissions. Perfecting these launches also takes some practice to avoid bogging.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:13 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX silver
or rev it to 6500 and drop it......I've done it for a year. Just dont do it with real sticky tires
Old 11-07-2003, 04:22 PM

Car Info: silver 2.5 tr 2006MT wrx
i talked to a girl at the dealership were i got mine at, and she said that there was a kid that came in twice 2x two times for a problem with his clutch, the first time the opened it up, there was a ball of string between the pressure plat and the flywheel, the fixed it no problem, the second time they flipped out, becasue the figured out what he was doing, rev it and pop the clutch with good tires to find out what he did.
move your head rest up just in case of whiplash.
i am not telling you not to do it, i got my clutch replaced becasue of the cold clutch chatter thing so before i had it replaced i was out burning out every where, even when in like third gear i would put the clutch in, rev it to red line and drop it.
when they took it out i took a look at all the parts the flywheel looked brand new, the disc looked fine nothing was wrong any where so i guess you have to really beat the **** out of it.