Urgent Help! How to launch my 04 wrx????

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:18 AM

Car Info: Silver 04 WRX
Unhappy Urgent Help! How to launch my 04 wrx????

I nedd help , today I will go to the track and I don't know at what rpm I must launch my car. Please help me!
Old 10-19-2005, 05:03 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Moved to Drag Racing forum from Engine Management. You can use this forum's Search feature to find several threads on how to launch using keywords 'how' and 'launch'.

Also, in a recent issue of Subiesports magazine, Ali Ashfar, who pilots the ESX Motorsports drag WRX STi, advises readers that his method is to rev the engine by rapidly depressing and releasing the throttle as quickly as you can while trying to maintain around 5000 rpm (if I recall correctly - does not have to be redlined). In this way, he said the engine can build some boost for a good launch. When you decide to leave the starting line, try to maintain that rpm by slipping the clutch just enough to avoid bogging the engine.

It takes practice to get the clutch and throttle action just right, along with being able to judge when to actually launch the car by watching the Christmas tree. Slow reaction time off the line will not hurt E.T. on your time slip but can still cost you the race.

Since you are new to the drag strip, a good 60 foot time to shoot for is under 2.0 seconds. Good luck!

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush