BRZ at modesto dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
I wonder if you can fit an EJ207 in there..
Originally Posted by Krinkov
well that was quick

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...5/#post3206649
Old 03-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Is That a 6spd in there?
Old 06-13-2012, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 03/05/06 WRX with some STI parts :- P
Originally Posted by STiWRX06
Well, it says "Toyota" on the intake manifold for a reason, they contributed the "direct injection system" & the styling, why you think it looks like a Toyota/Scion. As of right now, Subaru doesn't want to turbocharge or make it AWD cuz it will compromise the whole design of the car, plus the engine is positioned all the way back against the firewall as possible for optimal weight distribution/handling. The BRZ is made for pure handling delight, not outright power. It's made lightweight for a reason, the design is all purposeful & they have no plans to change it's philosophy. It was made primarily for a sporty car return (with RWD for handling) for Toyota (that's why they got the 86 badge on the side while Subaru's is blank), they just used them to build the engine since they wanted one as close to the ground as possible (this boxer appears to have the lowest center of gravity than any sports car i believe). Drifters will def love this platform, as will short, twisty track racers. I didn't like it at first, but it's def growing on me, esp when it's modded. I really would like to test drive it though!
Thank you someone who really understands the true meaning for the car...
there is no need to turbocharge this vehicle. It is a bad *** machine that was built for one sole purpose, to handle the corners with extreme grace. It will be a perfect drift car and to modify it so heavily such as forced induction would cause the car to be too much!
Toyota did exactly what they should have done, they took all their engineering capabilities and combined them with the raw beauty of subaru engineering. Therefore we get the Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota FT-86.

I have driven the scion version. It is an amazing car the feel of it is unremarkable. and even though it has that N/A motor its got plenty of torque and power. The car is so light and nimble i honestly believe it would outperform my WRX at an autocross and at the drag strip... it is an amazing Car!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:45 AM

Car Info: '12 pbp wrx
Originally Posted by Subadubaru
Thank you someone who really understands the true meaning for the car...
there is no need to turbocharge this vehicle. It is a bad *** machine that was built for one sole purpose, to handle the corners with extreme grace. It will be a perfect drift car and to modify it so heavily such as forced induction would cause the car to be too much!
Toyota did exactly what they should have done, they took all their engineering capabilities and combined them with the raw beauty of subaru engineering. Therefore we get the Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota FT-86.

I have driven the scion version. It is an amazing car the feel of it is unremarkable. and even though it has that N/A motor its got plenty of torque and power. The car is so light and nimble i honestly believe it would outperform my WRX at an autocross and at the drag strip... it is an amazing Car!!!
+1, I really want to drive one but all the ones coming in are pre-orders. . . I think people just don't like it because it's different. Comparing it to a wrx is just ridiculous, they are meant for two completely different purposes. It definitely isn't a tc with a subaru badge though.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:19 AM

Car Info: 05 bugeye STI
yea cause tc's make more power... lol well one in particular i know of does haha!!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 AM

But no matter what u even try to do with the tc mike even with all that power you won't be able to keep up with a brz around a track. More power does not equal a balanced car. And that's what these were made to do. Be a balanced car!

They also wanted them to be affordable which right now they are not affordable after they start getting a bigger inventory of them the price will go down.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:59 PM

yea i dont believe ive hit $30k in the tc lol
Old 06-14-2012, 07:00 PM

and price wont go down, scion is already pure pricing, u cant haggle them down and the salesman makes around a whoping 150 commision on a sale lol
Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 AM

according to fresno toyota the price will go down because currently they are on backorder and while on backorder they can add a 30% price increase to the window tag. He also said that when they become more abundant and availability is everywhere the 30% increase will come off. Im going off what the dealer said.

and i tend to believe a dealer that actually recommends not to buy the car now because it is overpriced.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 AM

so u believe a salesman that the price will all of a sudden drop 9k? lol cmon trev...
Old 06-15-2012, 07:50 PM

Car Info: '12 pbp wrx
Originally Posted by Subadubaru
according to fresno toyota the price will go down because currently they are on backorder and while on backorder they can add a 30% price increase to the window tag. He also said that when they become more abundant and availability is everywhere the 30% increase will come off. Im going off what the dealer said.

and i tend to believe a dealer that actually recommends not to buy the car now because it is overpriced.
I haven't heard ANYTHING about the price dropping on the brz. I also haven't heard anything about raising prices because it's on backorder. You can ORDER one, but it's the same $500 refundable deposit it is to order any car, and it also goes towards your down payment when you purchase it. It's already only 25k, about the same as a base wrx but the brz comes stock with nav. It's worth every penny for what it is. You can't find another new car that handles as well and has those features for that price. If you price out a new tc with options it's about 22k, that leaves about 3k left in mods to try and make it perform as well as the brz. And that is without nav.

I will ask my manager though because i'm curious.