2002 WRX Hatchback Stock $10000

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 09:31 AM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Wink FS: 2002 WRX Hatchback Stock (make an offer)

Selling my 2002 WRX stock hatchback. Car has a new OEM engine installed by dealer with new timing belt, water pump, tensioner, thermostat, radiator, radiator hoses, new OEM axle (left side) and inner axle boot (right side), new rack and pinion bellow boot (right side), new OEM clutch dealer installed with new flywheel going in today. Vehicle has upgraded speakers with bluetooth stereo and 12" Sub. Only selling my baby because I have recently acquired a 2004 WRX and and purchasing a bigger vehicle (2015 Forester gotta keep it Suby) Engine was installed a year ago along with everything listed except clutch which is being put in today at the dealer (carries a 1 year parts warranty) My loss is your gain. Vehicle has 183k miles and has been serviced with synthetic oil changed every 3500 miles since new engine was installed. I am the 2nd owner of this car. Hit me up if interested. Message or text. 4084607662 (serious inquiries only) Price is listed at $8000 OBO on CL shoot me an offer

Last edited by luvmywrx; 06-21-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Price reduction
Old 06-20-2014, 10:07 AM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
how many miles are on the new engine?
Old 06-20-2014, 10:16 AM

Car Info: 2010 Forester
Why did you go with a stealership purchase and install for the engine and supporting parts install? I'm guessing they charged you around 3-5k for everything. Then 1200 or so for the clutch today?

Old 06-20-2014, 12:25 PM

esousa22 - the new block has 10k miles on it.

catchmydrift - i work at a subaru dealership and got the hook up on the install and parts. paid a lot less than 5K for parts and labor. and the clutch is going in at no charge under parts warranty.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:37 PM

Ah ok. Was wondering what was justifying 10k for a stock bugeye with almost 200k and a new engine.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:39 PM

with all the work that has been done to the car its practically new. interior is clean nonsmoker only driven 10 miles if that a day and the occasional road trip. My price is negotiable but I KBB'd it and I'm not far off on the value.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:06 PM

Name:  v4lX8l4.png
Views: 11
Size:  140.4 KB

Hows the transmission holding up? Any synchro grind?
Old 06-20-2014, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB Wagon + MR2s
You can post up KBB all you want ... it's the "market" that determines the value of the car.

WRX Wagon with stock high mileage engines are $6500!

And there are the "engine/tranny replacement taxed" WRX Wagon ...
Old 06-20-2014, 04:01 PM

Thank you AggPerMS...

these cars hold their value very well and as I said before my price is negotiable. Not my first rodeo dealing with cars. I may be a girl but I know my cars. I don't know why CatchMyDrift is hating for.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:09 PM

Not hating. Don't take it personally. I'll leave the thread after this post. I posted the kbb value because you said you priced it close to kbb. 5k from your starting price is not close. Several bugeye wrx's with blown engines have passed by this site and craigslist over the last year for 2k-2500 is great condition. They simply had spun rod bearings and needed an overhaul. So price of the car + maybe 2500 in parts + labor, most can have a wrx with a new engine for around 5k. That is, when the deal presents itself.

And AggPerMS: I do however, find it hard to believe anyone actually PAYS 6500 for a 200k+ bugeye wrx.

Once again I'm not bashing your car in particular. Just throwing some general information out there for potential buyers. This may not be your first "rodeo", but it may be a first for a buyer. Being so, they might actually think 10k is a fair price.

GLWS though!
Old 06-20-2014, 05:04 PM

I know ppl who have paid 8k for a car similar to mine. My car isn't in bad shape. I have invested into this car and maintained it very well. This car will run for at least another 100k. I am only getting rid of it because my family is in need of a bigger car. If I don't sell it, no big, I'll just have 2 WRX's and a new Subaru.. no sweat off my back. But I figure I don't need 3 cars and this one wouldn't be driven that much. What good is a SUby that is just parked, especially a WRX. My hope is someone else will enjoy it as much as I have.
As previously stated, price is negotiable.. shoot me an offer.. I am reasonable. I'm not expecting 10K for my car.. it's a jump off point.

Appreciate the "input"

:-)
Old 06-20-2014, 05:59 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB Wagon + MR2s
Originally Posted by CatchMyDrift
Several bugeye wrx's with blown engines have passed by this site and craigslist over the last year for 2k-2500 is great condition. They simply had spun rod bearings and needed an overhaul. So price of the car + maybe 2500 in parts + labor, most can have a wrx with a new engine for around 5k. That is, when the deal presents itself.
I recently experienced this so here is what I can tell you. Great condition blown stock engine WRX wagon are gone in minutes at $3000!

And there was a Bugeye PSM Wagon listed for $3500 on CL. I emailed him to offer him less but he said he had so much interest, he's relisting for $4000. Two days later, the ad was gone. So a blown engine WRX was sold for $3500 to $4000! And this is in the SF Bay Area!

I did find my Bugeye Wagon ... 8 hrs away in Winnemucca, NV with some body issues (fainted paint and scratches) for $2K!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:49 PM

Car Info: WRX
2002 Subaru Wrx AWD 5MT Hatchback

No offense, but you don't join a community and list it for 2k more.
Here's the screenshot in case she edits or takes down:

Suburu wrx for sale

Here's one for 2500 less than your i-club asking price, same story. You can justify it all you want, but truth is that rebuilt engine cars still have mileage on the chassis. An engine rebuild does little to add to the value of a car because 1) people don't trust the work, even if it's done at a dealership 2) even with a new engine everything else is still old.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:57 AM

I relisted the car and dropped the price shortly after posting here given the feed back from this community.. I don't sit here and spend every waking moment watching the board. I changed my listing on CL just hadn't had time to change it here. So yes 8k is my asking price to clear up any confusion and yes it is negotiable.. The rest of the car may be "old" but it is in good condition
Old 06-21-2014, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Baliztik
2002 Subaru Wrx AWD 5MT Hatchback

No offense, but you don't join a community and list it for 2k more.
Here's the screenshot in case she edits or takes down:

Suburu wrx for sale

Here's one for 2500 less than your i-club asking price, same story. You can justify it all you want, but truth is that rebuilt engine cars still have mileage on the chassis. An engine rebuild does little to add to the value of a car because 1) people don't trust the work, even if it's done at a dealership 2) even with a new engine everything else is still old.
Wasn't trying to offend anyone on here.. ppl shouldn't take the ad personally. So my apologies if anyone is taking this post personally or offensively. Just trying to sell the car that's all.. but as I said before, if I don't sell it, no sweat just keep it in the family along with our other 3 Subaru's. We all value our cars differently so started at 10k knowing that I will be negotiated down quite a bit. So far ppl have only talked crap but no one is making a reasonable offer.