Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

University Formula SAE needs your help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX 5-Door
University Formula SAE needs your help!

Hey guys,

I am from the formula SAE team at University of California, Merced. SAE is the Society of Automotive Engineers and we are participating in the Formula competition where we design/build/test/race/present our car against other schools the automotive industry representatives. Schools such as MIT, UC Berkley, Purdue, schools from Japan and China will be there too.

We need help from someone who has a PAC, water jet, laser jet, or something similar. This is the shape we need cut:

There are 6 shapes total. Smallest is about 1.5" x 1", largest is about 3" x 2". They are all cut from 1/8" 4130 steel.

I will include CAD drawings of course and we will pay you a reasonable price, but this is our first year starting the club and competing so money is tight honestly it is hard to get support because we are so new. But our progress is comparable to several years of work from schools such as UC Berkley ad UC Davis.

Please email me at sheldon.wong.46@gmail.com if you can or know someone who can help us, thanks!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
i dont have a laser or waterjet, but i do programming for a sheetmetal shop, and i could do something like this for you...

emailed you