Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

stock srt-4 vs. stock wrx

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 12:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Actually, all three drivers in that video were pretty weak. If that was their first time on that road at night, I could understand -- but they were all braking late, turning late, exiting early and squealing their tires far too much; the driver of the camera car gets caught in the wrong gear pretty often, and isn't anywhere near his torque curve. Not a great showing for any of the cars, really -- but no one can convince me that a FWD is always faster through a turn than an AWD car, given an equivalent amount of horsepower.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM STI
I have driven a FWD car at Summit Point raceway. My experience with FWD in the turns is....

Once you start to loose traction in the turn you can easily loose controll of the car. There is no way to correct it. Your drive wheels are also the wheels you turn with. One way to correct it is to let off the gas and then you are giving the guy behind you an advantage. You can't pull out of the turn as hard unless you have a quaffe or some sort of lsd. Even if you have an lsd the inside wheel can loose traction a lot faster then the out side wheel (with a stock setup). That also limits your pull out of the turn. IMO, I see it this way:

#1 - RWD - pushes the car through the turn allowing more room for correction but you must be set up properly. Over powering can kick the rear out thus, loosing traction and asking for a spin out into the barrier.

#2 - AWD - pushes and pulls through the turn. More traction through the turn and even power delivery. Better pull out of the turn.

#3 - FWD - well.... read above
Old 11-15-2004, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT

its fake, doesnt have two mufflers, two exhaust systems, it just has a split pipe w/ two exahust tips.

world > srt-4 [IMHO]

actually, the srt-4 comes stock without mufflers and should i assume that the new lagacy has a real dual exhaust setup? or how about the 2nd gen mr2 which only has one muffler? so what if it for looks. having once owned a wrx, i can honestly say that i would not buy another one. however, i wouldn't buy a srt-4 either.

-tj
Old 11-18-2004, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 99 subaru impreza 2.2L coupe
For what it's worth, I can pull on my friend's 240 hp v6 honda accord (v tech) on the highway, the thing handles like noah's ark in the twisties tho.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:52 PM

Car Info: '02 Acura RSX 5MT
Originally Posted by cabe
For what it's worth, I can pull on my friend's 240 hp v6 honda accord (v tech) on the highway, the thing handles like noah's ark in the twisties tho.
The Accord V6 ex 6spd does 0-60 in 6.3, if u have a WRX or SRT-4 you should destroy him
Old 11-18-2004, 06:43 PM

Oh I know I could absolutely destroy him off the line, we did that too, lol. I had to hold back so I didn't run into the rear of his car. However, on the highway, they're very quick, trust me. It was almost as fast as my car, actually, I might as well tell you the whole story. I started in third, which I pulled at first, then he pulled, then I pulled again. When I shifted into fourth, he started to pull again, until I got into higher revs and I was passing him.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:12 PM

I know DAN you retard, I'm the one you raced. For those of you who don't know us, Dan's accord has no traction, so the car is worthless in the twisties, nevertheless is fast on the highway.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by SRTurb0
Umm, spilt a header as follows:

4-1-2

The end.
Holy waking the dead batman.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Originally Posted by SRTurb0
Umm, spilt a header as follows:

4-1-2

The end.
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you collect the four exhaust manifolds into one, and then split that one pipe into two? Yeah, that was a dumb answer.

I hate to break it to you, but that's not dual exhaust. Dual exhaust would be two complete (and seperate) headers, midpipes, mufflers and tailpipes. Examples of a true dual-exhaust setup would be a Nissan Fairlady 300z or some configurations of a Chevy V-8 or the 2nd-year Shelby Cobra.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:12 AM

i don't know what all this discussion is about. stock for stock, the srt-4 wins in a 1/4 mile race. who cares? stock for stock, the srt-4 will give alot of cars a run for thier money. it's a fast car, doesn't mean all of you have to be haters pointing out every little thing that you don't like just because it's faster then you. some of you are sounding like sore losers, "it's fwd", "it has a fake dual exhaust", "it's ugly", well, with equally competent drivers, that ugly dual exhaust-ed fwd just beat you.

at least the wrx looks better.

-tj

Last edited by wrxless; 05-18-2005 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply: stock srt-4 vs. stock wrx