Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

It's back, Top Gear!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:05 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Thanks for the link.

Good episode. That lap time really shut Jeremy's trap
Old 07-02-2008, 12:34 AM

Car Info: Steel Gray 2006 STi MBP 2012 Impreza Sport
only by .02 seconds
Old 07-06-2008, 02:26 PM

new episode today!!

We've just returned from checking out the filming for this Sunday's Top Gear, and what a belter it's going to be.

First up there's Bentley's awesome Brooklands. It's one of life's great ironies that supercars are designed to appeal to kids, not the people who can afford them (i.e. middle-aged men who are more interested in having a nice sit down than setting a new lap record at the 'Ring). But with the Brooklands, Bentley figures it has the answer.
JC investigates... by taking the £250,000, 530bhp Brooklands on a quiet sojourn around our Dunsfold test track. Well, we say quiet...
Next up there's a 'Cheap Alfa Romeo Challenge'. Continuing the TG tradition for 'cheap challenges' (think supercars, Porsches etc.) the Alfa task sees Clarkson, Hammond and May buying a bargain Romeo and, well, you know the score...

All our esteemed presenters maintain that you can't be a true petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa. The producers beg to differ, so it's up to the boys to demonstrate the joys of owning a car from the pride of Milan.
In the studio, Gavin and Stacey's BAFTA award-winning actor and writer James Corden is this week's celebrity hoping to add his name to the upper reaches of our celeb board.

Old hand Rob Brydon joins James to show him the ropes, having cut his teeth on our test track in series 3 and setting a lap time quicker than his mate and petrolhead Steve Coogan.

In the news, there are some exciting updates about the Dacia Sandero, and Jeremy continues his new campaign against signs.
Check it all out, this Sunday (July 6) on BBC2 at 8pm.

to dl
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1572975
Old 07-13-2008, 11:04 PM

another new episode!

OMG GTR episode!

dl site:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1594135
Old 07-13-2008, 11:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I have the RSS feed from the final gear site in my mail client (you can also have it in Firefox) so when I see the new episode has been posted I click the link and start downloading
Old 07-20-2008, 03:34 PM

yet another sunday release.

so its about classic used luxury limos :ugh:
finally get to see a good review in english about the skyline on a track

Jeremy and James recently bought themselves a couple of classic luxury limos. Jeremy plumped for a Mercedes 600 'Grosse', the preferred transportation of the world's most discerning despots. James, on the other hand, went for the full 'Tarbuck' and filled his driveway with a Rolls-Royce Corniche Coupe.
To see if buying either of these cars was a good idea, we've set the presenters a couple challenges that'll see them take to both the track and the streets of London.
Also, as Jeremy found out in last week's show, it's almost impossible to discover the Nissan GT-R's limits on the road. So this week Clarkson will be unleashing the big Datsun on a Japanese race circuit.
And, a pair of dragons get their claws on our reasonably priced car.

gt-r around the lap w00t

linky:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1614818
Old 07-21-2008, 09:05 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
i cant believe how FAST that GTR is around the top gear track!!!

1.19. thats faster than enzo!!!! thats the record MC12 aiming for. unbelievable.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:19 PM

looks like this is the final episode for this season

James kicks things off this week, driving around Japan in some cars you've never heard of, picking up a couple of interesting passengers along the way.

Back in Surrey, Richard gets his hands on the pig-ugly Gumpert Apollo, and then hands it to The Stig for a hot lap. We know it's a quick car, but you'll have to watch the show on Sunday to see if it's got what it takes to bag a place amongst the prettier exotica at the top end of the lap board.

Top Gear favourite Jay Kay drops in for a chat and has another bash at a lap in the Reasonably Priced Car. Everyone was banking on him to take the top spot on the celeb lap board and wipe the perma-smirk off Simon Cowell’s face in the process. The track's dry but the weather is warm enough to take the edge off a weedy engine's performance. 1:45.9 is the time to beat and Jay is hungry for victory.

Finally, the series signs off with a fight: Top Gear versus the Germans, and it's a proper battle so prepare to witness something special here. Just try not to mention the war.

linky to dl
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1638877
Old 07-28-2008, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
WTF is up with that? 6 episodes and its done for the Season? Oh well, says we only have to wait until October! I guess they can't really do all that stuff in each episode within the week