You might be a ricer if...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 11:41 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
all the new odysseys have VTEC...240 HP, 242 ft lbs of torque..who would have thought...a honda that actually has more torque then HP.

(I used to drive for honda and the odyssey was what I always drove....that thing is FUN in the rain )
Old 04-21-2004, 11:43 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally posted by stimul8n
you are not very nice.

you've never been wrong?

would you have prefered me to use the word educated or any other word describing a lack of knowledge?

i have been wrong plenty of times. the comment i was refering to though was just pretty ignorant imo, and typical of a lot of subaru owners who think awd automatically means their car handles better than most other cars out there. i am not here to start any arguments, just pointing out a pretty significant error that someone posted. if you would like i can edit my post so it is a little "nicer"
Old 04-21-2004, 11:44 AM

fire extinquishers are a good idea in a car... you never know what can happen, and when a fire extinguisher might help. Engines get hot and there are flammable liquids that might combust. It's one thing to mount the fire exinguisher somewhere visible and looking out of place, i would agree thats rice, BUT its another to just have one in your car somewhere for safety reasons.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:51 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
fire extinquishers are a good idea in a car... you never know what can happen, and when a fire extinguisher might help. Engines get hot and there are flammable liquids that might combust. It's one thing to mount the fire exinguisher somewhere visible and looking out of place, i would agree thats rice, BUT its another to just have one in your car somewhere for safety reasons.

i used to always keep a small fire extinguisher in my old prelude. however i kept it in the trunk and not mounted on the a-pillar. glad i had it to. as i was in the middle of no where once when i threw a rod and it put a hole in my block and i had flames coming out of my engine. thankfully i had an extingusher to put it out.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:53 AM

you should just state your opinion and not comment on her how smart she is or what she knows.

I see no reason to put someone down if they have a different idea than someone else, or if they just aren't as knowledgable about something.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
u have a honda- period.
just the fact of having a honda already labels you.

IMO of course.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
Originally posted by mexicanpizza
ROFL!! OK OK I'M A RICER
Old 04-21-2004, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

there are a lot of hondas out there that can outhandle an AWD car.

lets take a stock wrx and compare it to a stock 5th gen prelude

hmm if i recall correctly the prelude out handles the wrx, oh and look, they both come stock with re-92s
btw, a 5th gen prelude is very solid with handling... its decent, and the SH is a tad better due to ATTS, but its still just a watered down L.S.D.

I owned a 98prelude before i got the wrx, but modded the WRX has a lot more options than a prelude... so i think it handles better,

infact i still have my prelude... so i might bring it to UCKK sometime before i sell it haha!

Last edited by SsTiNgEr77; 04-21-2004 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:28 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
Re: You might be a ricer if...

Originally posted by ilmaestro
You install fake hi-po caliper / disc simulators
they make these???
Old 04-21-2004, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

yes, they are like 14 inch hub cap spinners...

i have them on my wrx... its dope ****
Old 04-21-2004, 01:45 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
I know alot of people who are not into cars and we're in the same category as ricers. So we might laugh @ people that have ridiculous looking cars, but other people laugh at us. Who cares. If they want 2 spend their money on stupid crap, let em do it. I wouldn't mind owning a piece of APC cuz they're banking off retards who like to buy junk.

There is some funny stuff in this thread though....
Old 04-21-2004, 02:18 PM

Car Info: GDA
okay, the exception to my statement -- it's rice unless the fire extinguisher is out of sight (in the trunk).

another ricer qualifier...if the tires have colored soles.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 98RS - Pretty Blue
Wow. This is a topic that people can talk about for days... Glad it caught on!

People definately do have a right to do whatever they want to their cars, or anything else they own, but the same freedom that allows someone to decorate their possesions as they please is the freedom that allows the rest of us to make fun of what we see

BTW: The title of the thread is "You MIGHT be a ricer if..." It's hard to make something apply to everyone, but generally the statements are true

Last edited by ilmaestro; 04-21-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally posted by View Askew
I wouldn't mind owning a piece of APC cuz they're banking off retards who like to buy junk.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:48 PM

Car Info: GDA
Originally posted by ilmaestro
BTW: The title of the thread is "You MIGHT be a ricer if..." It's hard to make something apply to everyone, but generally the statements are true
The qualifiers that make someone a ricer is HIGHLY subjective. What I consider a ricer, some of you don't. Likewise, my friends take a very extreme position with this; to them, if you mod your car, you are a ricer. They will just keep to their MBs and whatnot.

Quick Reply: You might be a ricer if...