Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by queeg9k
Scruffy_second.jpeg
Here you go

Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by shimmies
When you almost have to be completely stopped to go into 1st
With my stock setup it was like that, but I got rebuilt with 09 wrx gears from paul at db/fw and I can push it into first at 15-20
Old 01-07-2013, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by slugrx
With my stock setup it was like that, but I got rebuilt with 09 wrx gears from paul at db/fw and I can push it into first at 15-20
Just did a little test...was cruisin at 45ish and put the car into neutral and let the car slow its self down...I put the clutch in and the shifter at first with some pressure and it went in at 35mph

I didn't try to let the clutch out or revmatch it though

Also - you know you have a subaru when people think you are a noob because everytime you go into reverse it crunches
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by queeg9k
bull****!
+1, even as an RS, i would have to literally floor it to get the revs mathched and HOPE it would go into first....down into 1st @ 35?! damn!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:25 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Just did a little test...was cruisin at 45ish and put the car into neutral and let the car slow its self down...I put the clutch in and the shifter at first with some pressure and it went in at 35mph

Also - you know you have a subaru when people think you are a noob because everytime you go into reverse it crunches
im not so sure its the ability to get it into first while rolling at 35. i think its more of how hard u hit ur head on ur steering wheel or windshield when that clutch catches, should u not get ur RPM all the way up to where they would be at 35. LOL
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant

It's really hard on your synchros when you push your shifter into gear when you should not (as you explained above - never do this).

If you keep doing that, your shifting may become notchy/rough, or at least your synchros would be damaged, and you could even need a rebuild much too early.

When do you crunch reverse? It is just once in a while, or every time? I pop it in 2nd, then 1st, then reverse - no grinds/crunches ever. Give that a shot - see if it helps at all.

It's pretty fun to learn about this stuff, and a lot of it is not obvious if you didn't grow up around cars. Definitely nothing to feel bad about.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
When do you crunch reverse? It is just once in a while, or every time? I pop it in 2nd, then 1st, then reverse - no grinds/crunches ever. Give that a shot - see if it helps at all.
Ya, I never grind reverse because I always toss it into another gear first. Either 1,2,or 4th. No grinding.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:34 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
i only grind when i mash 1st into 2nd and sometimes other gears too..
Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 PM

Car Info: 2003 Aspen White Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
You know you're a true Subaru owner when:

1) You get disappointed when you see a pristine WRB WRX Wagon that's being driven by a 50+ y/o woman (then you wonder if they even know what their car is capable of)

2) You get REALLY upset when you drive by some random person's illegally parked Subaru that's about to get towed - then 5 minutes later you realize that the tow truck was NOT a flat-bed O.O

3) You wish you could have a lifted automatic Subie for off-road, a 5/6 speed manual WRX/STi fully modded for track days and a base model Subie for DD

4) You think BRAT's and Justy's are awesome

5) You and your significant other will be having a perfectly normal conversation just driving along until another Subie passes by and you both simultaneously pause, stare, listen, stare more, throw out some comments about it and then continue with your conversation like nothing just happened... And find yourselves talking about the Subie you just saw 10 minutes later

6) You absolutely EFFING swear by your own choice of gas, motor oil, gear oil and coolant and everyone that doesn't use the same fluids is doing it wrong

7) You have a sixth sense for when your oil needs to be changed. You already know you have to do it so you buy the oil+filter then find out that you're within 10 miles of the 5k mark you wrote down last time you did it - and you're the ONLY person allowed to do it.

8) You hate when people call your car "cute"

9) You keep telling yourself that you finally have your car (mod-wise) exactly where you want it and that you're not planning for anything else - then next week you have $500 of parts on order

10) You tell people that you want to make your car "unique" and not buy everything that everyone else has then you find yourself a year later with a lowered car on 18" Rotas, upgraded clutch and mounts, stickers, tint, huge exhaust, ECU tune, three different trunks that are all always for sale or trade and a pile of parts in your garage.

11) You know what the JDM leaf badge sticker ACTUALLY means

12) You have a squeaky seat belt

13) There is a small but yet irritatingly noticeable rattle coming from under the dash somewhere that you can't find no matter how hard you try

14) You upgrade to a full STi interior even though you always used the rear seat pass-thru

15) You become a member of EVERY Subaru forum in the first 3 months of owning the car

16) You could be getting 25 mpg but you'll never see that day

17) You know how to swap your exhaust so well that you can do it in less than an hour and your significant other wants to help

18) You have a trailer hitch on a 4-door sedan

19) You also have a full roof-rack setup that you put on for car meets

20) You know what "saggy-butt" spacers are

21) You see your neighbor just bought a used EVO and ask yourself "why??"

22) You have naturally become and plumber, electrician, tuner, mechanic and butt-dyno for all of your and your family/friend's cars

23) You know every ding an scratch on your car but continue to off-road it when possible

24) You can buy anything and everything you could ever dream of doing to your car from every major manufacturer on craigslist or your local forum.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
it took me an hour to wash the dried mud and crud on my wheels! #SubruPeopleProblems #ForesterProblems
Old 01-16-2013, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
^^^ I thought the dash thing was only me. Haha.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 08 impreza OBS
Originally Posted by DSav408
+1 lol my privacy cover in my hatch keeps doing that too Lol
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
Originally Posted by mattmontalvo
You know you're a true Subaru owner when:

1) You get disappointed when you see a pristine WRB WRX Wagon that's being driven by a 50+ y/o woman (then you wonder if they even know what their car is capable of)

Guilty

2) You get REALLY upset when you drive by some random person's illegally parked Subaru that's about to get towed - then 5 minutes later you realize that the tow truck was NOT a flat-bed O.O

3) You wish you could have a lifted automatic Subie for off-road, a 5/6 speed manual WRX/STi fully modded for track days and a base model Subie for DD

Guilty

4) You think BRAT's and Justy's are awesome

Guilty

5) You and your significant other will be having a perfectly normal conversation just driving along until another Subie passes by and you both simultaneously pause, stare, listen, stare more, throw out some comments about it and then continue with your conversation like nothing just happened... And find yourselves talking about the Subie you just saw 10 minutes later

6) You absolutely EFFING swear by your own choice of gas, motor oil, gear oil and coolant and everyone that doesn't use the same fluids is doing it wrong

7) You have a sixth sense for when your oil needs to be changed. You already know you have to do it so you buy the oil+filter then find out that you're within 10 miles of the 5k mark you wrote down last time you did it - and you're the ONLY person allowed to do it.

Guilty

8) You hate when people call your car "cute"

Guilty

9) You keep telling yourself that you finally have your car (mod-wise) exactly where you want it and that you're not planning for anything else - then next week you have $500 of parts on order

Guilty
Guilty
Guilty

10) You tell people that you want to make your car "unique" and not buy everything that everyone else has then you find yourself a year later with a lowered car on 18" Rotas, upgraded clutch and mounts, stickers, tint, huge exhaust, ECU tune, three different trunks that are all always for sale or trade and a pile of parts in your garage.

11) You know what the JDM leaf badge sticker ACTUALLY means

Guilty

12) You have a squeaky seat belt

Guilty

13) There is a small but yet irritatingly noticeable rattle coming from under the dash somewhere that you can't find no matter how hard you try

14) You upgrade to a full STi interior even though you always used the rear seat pass-thru

15) You become a member of EVERY Subaru forum in the first 3 months of owning the car

Guilty

16) You could be getting 25 mpg but you'll never see that day

17) You know how to swap your exhaust so well that you can do it in less than an hour and your significant other wants to help

18) You have a trailer hitch on a 4-door sedan

Guilty

19) You also have a full roof-rack setup that you put on for car meets

Guilty

20) You know what "saggy-butt" spacers are

Guilty

21) You see your neighbor just bought a used EVO and ask yourself "why??"

Guilty

22) You have naturally become and plumber, electrician, tuner, mechanic and butt-dyno for all of your and your family/friend's cars

Guilty

23) You know every ding an scratch on your car but continue to off-road it when possible

24) You can buy anything and everything you could ever dream of doing to your car from every major manufacturer on craigslist or your local forum.
Guilty
Guilty of several!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:28 PM

Car Info: 05 PSM Wagon
You sit and wait for all 4 tires to be replaced because ONE went flat.

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu
Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM

Car Info: 2003 Aspen White Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
Talking

Originally Posted by DSav408
Originally Posted by Navysesal
+1 lol my privacy cover in my hatch keeps doing that too Lol

AHAHAH I didn't Think I'd be the only one!! I fixed my squeaky seat belt though! So if anyone needs to know how I will tell

Quick Reply: You Know You Drive a Subaru When...