WTF is up with the classifieds?

Old 12-18-2006, 01:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
WTF is up with the classifieds?

How is it that half of the classifieds in the regional classifieds first page are vendor classifieds. Do we not have a vendor section? Do they not already have space for their ads and web banners on the boards.

In my opinion the regional classifieds should be an extension of the personal classifieds and only individuals can post in them.

I know if I had stuff for sale in the classifieds right now I'd be pissed. People get paid to sit there and post these ads basically so they bump them all day. This in turn knocks people's ads off the first page and takes hits off their classifieds.

Vendors should have to stick to their vendor sections.

Sorry..just a little pieved by the blatant abuse of the regional classifieds right now and the fact it's just sliding on by.

posting heads ups every now and again or one ad here and there can fly under the radar but when you're posting up 5/6 at a time...come on. It's rediculous.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:37 PM

Location: My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes
Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
How is it that half of the classifieds in the regional classifieds first page are vendor classifieds. Do we not have a vendor section? Do they not already have space for their ads and web banners on the boards.

In my opinion the regional classifieds should be an extension of the personal classifieds and only individuals can post in them.

I know if I had stuff for sale in the classifieds right now I'd be pissed. People get paid to sit there and post these ads basically so they bump them all day. This in turn knocks people's ads off the first page and takes hits off their classifieds.

Vendors should have to stick to their vendor sections.

Sorry..just a little pieved by the blatant abuse of the regional classifieds right now and the fact it's just sliding on by.

posting heads ups every now and again or one ad here and there can fly under the radar but when you're posting up 5/6 at a time...come on. It's rediculous.
+1 >=/
Old 12-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
the regional section is meant for both vendors and personal classifieds

but yea, there should be a limit of 1 thread @ a time per vendor
Old 12-18-2006, 01:56 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Does it really matter, it helps me buy, why should the classifieds be about the seller? IDK but it really never bothered me.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
It bothers me a little as well. Maybe there should be a personals classifieds and a vendor classifieds?

-Brian
Old 12-18-2006, 02:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
It bothers me a little as well. Maybe there should be a personals classifieds and a vendor classifieds?

-Brian

there already is. That's why I think it's lame that they can take over the non vendor classifieds.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by STiYLIN
Does it really matter, it helps me buy, why should the classifieds be about the seller? IDK but it really never bothered me.

what, you're too lazy to check the VENDOR classifieds?

Like I said....one every now and again to give a heads up or what not is fine. Like if GS would have said...he we are doing a prebuy local buyer hook up...check us out...and made one post then whatever....but not a butt load of them.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

I was just speaking regionally. I know that Gruppe-S is trying to give us BAIC folks a sweet deal on parts/install, but perhaps there's a better way to accomplish this.

-Brian
Old 12-18-2006, 03:03 PM

Location: My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes
Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I was just speaking regionally. I know that Gruppe-S is trying to give us BAIC folks a sweet deal on parts/install, but perhaps there's a better way to accomplish this.

-Brian

Coalesce their sales into one thread.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

double post
Old 12-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: ever changing vehicles...
... I don't post that often...
Old 12-18-2006, 04:03 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
what, you're too lazy to check the VENDOR classifieds?

Like I said....one every now and again to give a heads up or what not is fine. Like if GS would have said...he we are doing a prebuy local buyer hook up...check us out...and made one post then whatever....but not a butt load of them.
Is it really to lazy? Norcal means norcal. In vendors can be anywhere. Maybe I like to shop local? Sorry it bothers you so much.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
who cares, its the freaking classifieds on an intaRweb forum.. what do you expect? how hard is it to scroll down and click next?
Old 12-18-2006, 04:21 PM
General Pimpin'

I've never had a problem with it but I've also not seen such a blatant abuse of the classifieds.

there are 12..>TWELVE different GS classifieds. That comes off as a bit drastic if not desperate to me...my spelling sucks.

There are LIC, GST, etc classifieds in there...but maybe one or two..not twelve. If a member went in and put 12 posts in he would get RIPPED by the members here and the moderation. But because they are a paying shop they are allowed to abuse the system?

Yeah it does bother me. I've been a GS customer for YEARS. Since they were in San Jo. So it's not some bone to pick deal.

I just think it's wrong. I find it funny what certain people and shops can get away with while others would get drilled for the same things. Bias moderation. Bias attention for board members.

But whatever....apparently I'm the only one that doesn't like having to fish through a bunch of vendor ADS to scan for individual's classifieds.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:24 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
no I agree, its quite irritating

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTF is up with the classifieds?