The worst school shooting to date...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 03:28 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I do have to say this. I think the reason this stuff happens, is, well, we as humans have really become overpopulated.

Look at what happens if you stick 30 rats in a cage made for 10, they will start to kill each other off. I think this is whats happening now, we have far too many people, and good old mother nature is starting to push back. I don't know that there is a solution, or even a reason for it all happening, other than we just flat out have hit the tipping point.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:18 AM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Originally Posted by Overbear
I do have to say this. I think the reason this stuff happens, is, well, we as humans have really become overpopulated.
Personally i think you are wrong, as the person who had the gun was not fighting over a resource such as clean water or food. This person may have just had mental issues and over reacted in a very bad manner, with a gun pointed at society to get revenge or reparation of his past or present life.

I say it doesn't have anything to do with over crowding because he is not fighting for food, water, land space, etc in this certain situation and placed him self at the school.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Think about cancer and disease. Not everyone are going to be perfect, typical human beings. Think of it as an upside down bell shape curve. Most of the population is somewhere in the standard deviation where there are others who lie on the outside, the very gifted ones and the very non gifted ones. Obviously the more people we have on the planet, the more side effects show up. Just something to consider.

And dementia/altzheimers might be nature telling us that living too long doesn't do ya any good since everything else in the body starts to wear down. Another side effect to health advances. In any case, just stating the obvious and something to consider. The United States will want to try and fix the issue, but others will always pop up.

Kind of like the chicken pox. When I was a kid everyone got them around kindergarten. Now that I'm older I know many receive shots, and then receive booster shots when they're older because of not having the antibody from having chicken pox. You're more susceptible to getting shingles that is more dangerous.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Yes there will always be disturbed and mentally ill people on this planet. I think almost everyone is somewhat disturbed at some point in their lives. The problem is how we handle these people, how we support them, what kind of environment we provide, etc. Again, the US has over 10 times the school shootings of any other nation. There are reasons for this beyond just "some people are evil" because that is the case everywhere in the world.

-- Ed
Old 12-16-2012, 11:23 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

In this case it's almost too simple. Why does a 52 year old woman have a constitutional right to keep an unregulater extensive fire arm collection in a house with a mentally disturbed son but does not have the right to get adequate treatment for his disorder?

-- Ed
Old 12-16-2012, 11:29 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Agreed.

Back to the main point of this tragedy. I've seen a lot of Facebook posts about how one teacher stacked her students in the bathroom, 15 of them, and even pulled a library of books in front of the door to disguise the room, that's pretty amazing.

The other person who hid her kids in the closets and cupboards told the shooter her kids were at the gym. Then she got shot and he left. In both instances they saved their kids, except one was gunned down.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Seriously. So damn tragic.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Anyone else hear about the guy who fired off supposedly 50 rounds at a newport beach mall last night?

No one was hurt but damn
Old 12-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
And ill also leave this here

http://easybakegunclub.com/news/1943...oncealed-.html
Old 12-16-2012, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx
Anyone else hear about the guy who fired off supposedly 50 rounds at a newport beach mall last night?

No one was hurt but damn
WHat>!>!??!?!?
Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
leaving this here, i'm not winning any fans, but w/e

Gun control: After Connecticut shooting, could Australia's laws provide a lesson?
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Two wounded in theater shooting - San Antonio Express-News
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 AM

Wtf... Everyone going crazy :/
Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

It's probably this end of the world BS making all the crazies come out. I'll be laying low for the next week.

-- Ed
Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
It may have been posted earlier but I really like what morgan freeman had to say.

God bless Anonomous for taking on the WBC.

Such a tragedy, and my parayers are with the families.

Quick Reply: The worst school shooting to date...