Wheel Spacer size?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 03:18 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
Are you saying you want to autocross, go off-road and to Tahoe in the winter with one set of tires? If so, not a good idea. Especially if you like going to Tahoe during storms. I got stuck in a snow storm with a set of Continental DWS (Winter/All Season) tires last year, now I’m switching over to full winter blizzak tires. Also, autocrossing with a set of tires you use for winter wouldn’t be too awesome when cornering, plus you wouldn’t want to use an All Season tire with low thread life in the winter.

Our cars are great for all the stuff you want to do but if you don’t have the money to modify them for each activity then don't do it.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:56 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by Silver Mojo
Are you saying you want to autocross, go off-road and to Tahoe in the winter with one set of tires? If so, not a good idea. Especially if you like going to Tahoe during storms. I got stuck in a snow storm with a set of Continental DWS (Winter/All Season) tires last year, now I’m switching over to full winter blizzak tires. Also, autocrossing with a set of tires you use for winter wouldn’t be too awesome when cornering, plus you wouldn’t want to use an All Season tire with low thread life in the winter.

Our cars are great for all the stuff you want to do but if you don’t have the money to modify them for each activity then don't do it.
i get what your saying, i was gonna try getting or working w/ my stock wheels to do everything but everyone opinion is getting a second set of wheels w/c is what i will do, i just bought a brand new set of 225/50/16 BFG Super Sport A/S Plus, what im still debating is if i should get 16x8 wheels to reuse the BFG tires that i got & get winter tires on my Stock wheels or get 17x9 w/ new set of tires & just use my stock w/ the BFG as my winter & off road tires, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, let me look up some M/S tires & see how they are rated,
Old 08-28-2012, 05:45 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon 05
when i read this thread
Name:  UmpOi.gif
Views: 1
Size:  1.83 MB
my only solution is to save up money and buy wheels and tires for everything you do, or sell your current tires? just please dont do all those activities on one set of wheels and tires
Old 08-28-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by corpsewheelie
when i read this thread

my only solution is to save up money and buy wheels and tires for everything you do, or sell your current tires? just please dont do all those activities on one set of wheels and tires
i wont brah, i have decided to get a 2nd set of wheels, just need to decide what to get, thanks,
Old 08-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by Heedz
Quit, he obviously needs help or he would not ask.

OP:

As I think I tried to make my point earlier, you cant get a set of tires that will perform great at in all types of conditions. That is why a lot of us have multiple sets. I have 3 sets of mounted tires right now all on stock wrx rims.

1 set of blizzaks on 02-04 stockers

-I destroyed them at the Primitive Racing rally school and I am unsure if they will still work well on the street/snow. They performed better than expected at rally school. The two seasons I used them to go to Tahoe they performed great in ice, slush, powder and on ice. Thanks again for the tires Ballz!

1 set of bridgstone all-seasons on 02-04

-I actualy do not remember what they are, I got them used from a member on here for SUPER cheap and I have yet to drive on them. I assume they will not be "great" at anything but will perform adequately for daily driving but I would not take them to the track or expect to much in the snow or off road.

1 set yokohama avid s4s on 05 wrx stockers that are on my car now, BALD.

They came with the car. I did all sorts of driving on them, snow, mud, spirited road. They did not do great in any of those aspects. They where a decent all around daily driving tire. OK on the street but if pushed they where found wanting. OK in the mud but I had to get pulled out QUITE a few times. Decent in the snow but no where near as good as the Blizzaks. I cut a sidewall off roading and had to find a 3rd and have it shaved to match the 3 good ones.

I am looking to upgrade to a slightly wider set of rims and a good set of summer tires. Still up in the air as to what.

In conclusion, until you have a better idea of the driving you wish to get into or can afford multiple sets of rims and tires, I would suggest getting a GOOD set of all seasons. Skip the wheel spaces as it looks like you decided already. Save up for an extra set of WRX stockers (can be found for $100 here if you are patient) and get the tire that best suits the style of driving you find the most fun. FUN, remember that is the operative word.

-Walker
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
^ good advice.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 PM

After a quick search in the classifieds:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal...rimacy-244019/

https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal...ti-bbs-244045/

https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal...kumhos-243297/

There are lots of wheels and tires to be had.

Last edited by queeg9k; 08-29-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Those Rotas are too low in offset.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Brfatal
Those Rotas are too low in offset.
Yes they are thanks. I did a quick look and did not notice.

Removed from list.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:55 AM

Car Info: 08 DGM STi
Originally Posted by long6gauge

i wish i had my own garage to store the wheels & be able to do my own work on my ride, i still have to tamke my ride at a shop to get work done, cant even do my own oil change, lol,
that's not an excuse man. back in college i kept my winter tires stacked up in my living room. changed the tires in the apartment parking lot with scissor jack.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by bchan
that's not an excuse man. back in college i kept my winter tires stacked up in my living room. changed the tires in the apartment parking lot with scissor jack.
I used a set as a coffee table with glass on top. That works out great, always got complements on it too!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by queeg9k
Quit, he obviously needs help or he would not ask.

OP:

As I think I tried to make my point earlier, you cant get a set of tires that will perform great at in all types of conditions. That is why a lot of us have multiple sets. I have 3 sets of mounted tires right now all on stock wrx rims.

1 set of blizzaks on 02-04 stockers

-I destroyed them at the Primitive Racing rally school and I am unsure if they will still work well on the street/snow. They performed better than expected at rally school. The two seasons I used them to go to Tahoe they performed great in ice, slush, powder and on ice. Thanks again for the tires Ballz!

1 set of bridgstone all-seasons on 02-04

-I actualy do not remember what they are, I got them used from a member on here for SUPER cheap and I have yet to drive on them. I assume they will not be "great" at anything but will perform adequately for daily driving but I would not take them to the track or expect to much in the snow or off road.

1 set yokohama avid s4s on 05 wrx stockers that are on my car now, BALD.

They came with the car. I did all sorts of driving on them, snow, mud, spirited road. They did not do great in any of those aspects. They where a decent all around daily driving tire. OK on the street but if pushed they where found wanting. OK in the mud but I had to get pulled out QUITE a few times. Decent in the snow but no where near as good as the Blizzaks. I cut a sidewall off roading and had to find a 3rd and have it shaved to match the 3 good ones.

I am looking to upgrade to a slightly wider set of rims and a good set of summer tires. Still up in the air as to what.

In conclusion, until you have a better idea of the driving you wish to get into or can afford multiple sets of rims and tires, I would suggest getting a GOOD set of all seasons. Skip the wheel spaces as it looks like you decided already. Save up for an extra set of WRX stockers (can be found for $100 here if you are patient) and get the tire that best suits the style of driving you find the most fun. FUN, remember that is the operative word.

-Walker
Great advice!!! Thanks, i will be saving up for extra set of wheels & my lady let me store the 2nd set in my shoe closet when i get them, lol, time to sell my sneaker collection, oh well, my SUBIE needs the 2nd set of shoes more than i do, lol,
Old 08-29-2012, 01:55 PM

Good looking out, may be i should start looking into the classified adds here on i-club!!! Thanks!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 PM

Yes they are thanks. I did a quick look and did not notice.

Removed from list.
What would be a good offset for aftermarket wheels? +35 or +45?

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacer size?