Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Name:  wMQFW.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  341.9 KB

My '97 Serotta Atlanta
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Originally Posted by subymobbin303
Sworks enduro full e*thirteen. Most fun bike ever.
e*thirteen's stuff is definitely some high-quality stuff. Problem is, I don't have a bike worthy enough of that kind of stuff yet (like the crazy bash guards and such)!

I only have a semi-sh***y XC singletrack bike with a seatpost and saddle that want to be replaced already. I hate having bottom-of-the-line stuff! Only my bars, stem, saddle, seatpost, and frame are bottom-of-the-line stuff.

The rest... Well, I got quite a lot of Deore stuff on it (rear derailleur, front derailleur, dual-control levers, etc). Then I have an Alivio front crankset, Avid BB5 front mechanical disc brakes (I wanna upgrade to BB7s already!), Avid Single Digit 7 v-brakes in the rear, and other stuff I don't feel like mentioning right now.

Originally Posted by leaferiksin
Behold the glory of my custom fixie! Also I love this thread.
How'd you get the chain red, and how do you keep it looking red? Definitely looks unique!

And yes, this thread is freakin' awesome!
How you like the dual Stella night lights? I have a single from about 5 years ago. Still works great I love it and take it on night rides still to this day.
The Light and Motion Stella 600 Dual I have is okay. (It's basically two Stella 300s with different light beam patterns)

It advertises itself as being a versatile light. In a way, yes, but I think it works best as a long-range headlight. One is a spot/wide beam, the other is a more focused, yet not-as-bright beam. The cooling fins prove to be more than useful (necessary, if anything!). The race mode feature allows you to use only low and high settings, instead of cycling through all the commute settings (high, med, low, flash). It's great, but I don't think it works best as a primary light. I use it for long-range use (like highbeams on an automotive headlight) and my daytime running lights.

I found myself wanting more width, so I bought two more Light and Motion lights: the two Urban 550s you see on the handlebars. The 550s are more convenient, as they have a self-contained battery, are more powerful than the Stella 300, have actual side visibility, and have a wider, more useable beam for commuting. Hell, they even have better lumens per dollar than the Stella!

Then I have two Cateye Nano Shots (HL-EL620RC) on my mountain bike to total up the ridiculous max lumens output to 2200 lumens with all 6 of those fackers lighting up the trail (or road).
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 AM

Car Info: Foz
Originally Posted by AWDfreak
e*thirteen's stuff is definitely some high-quality stuff. Problem is, I don't have a bike worthy enough of that kind of stuff yet (like the crazy bash guards and such)!

I only have a semi-sh***y XC singletrack bike with a seatpost and saddle that want to be replaced already. I hate having bottom-of-the-line stuff! Only my bars, stem, saddle, seatpost, and frame are bottom-of-the-line stuff.

The rest... Well, I got quite a lot of Deore stuff on it (rear derailleur, front derailleur, dual-control levers, etc). Then I have an Alivio front crankset, Avid BB5 front mechanical disc brakes (I wanna upgrade to BB7s already!), Avid Single Digit 7 v-brakes in the rear, and other stuff I don't feel like mentioning right now.

How'd you get the chain red, and how do you keep it looking red? Definitely looks unique!

The Light and Motion Stella 600 Dual I have is okay. (It's basically two Stella 300s with different light beam patterns)

It advertises itself as being a versatile light. In a way, yes, but I think it works best as a long-range headlight. One is a spot/wide beam, the other is a more focused, yet not-as-bright beam. The cooling fins prove to be more than useful (necessary, if anything!). The race mode feature allows you to use only low and high settings, instead of cycling through all the commute settings (high, med, low, flash). It's great, but I don't think it works best as a primary light. I use it for long-range use (like highbeams on an automotive headlight) and my daytime running lights.

I found myself wanting more width, so I bought two more Light and Motion lights: the two Urban 550s you see on the handlebars. The 550s are more convenient, as they have a self-contained battery, are more powerful than the Stella 300, have actual side visibility, and have a wider, more useable beam for commuting. Hell, they even have better lumens per dollar than the Stella!

Then I have two Cateye Nano Shots (HL-EL620RC) on my mountain bike to total up the ridiculous max lumens output to 2200 lumens with all 6 of those fackers lighting up the trail (or road).

Dam with 2200 lumens should be like a stadium!! I roll with a Stella bar and night rider minewt on that helmet can definitely tell the night rider isn't as good of quality as the light and motion. Plus light and motion = made in America.

what kind of bicycle you had?-image-3951685873.jpg
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 AM

Car Info: stock

Well it's orange, and you can buy pre colored parts from Origin8 not the best quality but it looks SICK!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Dam with 2200 lumens should be like a stadium!! I roll with a Stella bar and night rider minewt on that helmet can definitely tell the night rider isn't as good of quality as the light and motion. Plus light and motion = made in America.

Attachment 79490
Yeah, my experience with NightRider isn't great either. I've heard some of their products have spotty quality, and there's something about that that I just don't really like about their products. Their stuff FEELS cheap (from my experience). And not all of their products are waterproof.

I've had great experience from Light and Motion. Heck, when I broke one of my Urban 550s (bike dropped and all the bike's weight crushed the Urban 550), I sent it to Light and Motion and got a free replacement (besides paying for shipping the damaged unit!)

Originally Posted by leaferiksin
Well it's orange, and you can buy pre colored parts from Origin8 not the best quality but it looks SICK!
Holy crap, never heard of Origin8 until now, they have a lot of bike products!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Car Info: stock

Yeah, my experience with NightRider isn't great either. I've heard some of their products have spotty quality, and there's something about that that I just don't really like about their products. Their stuff FEELS cheap (from my experience). And not all of their products are waterproof.

I've had great experience from Light and Motion. Heck, when I broke one of my Urban 550s (bike dropped and all the bike's weight crushed the Urban 550), I sent it to Light and Motion and got a free replacement (besides paying for shipping the damaged unit!)

Holy crap, never heard of Origin8 until now, they have a lot of bike products!
I have a 250 lumen night rider and i it kicks ***! I believe Origin8 paints and rebrands other company's.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Car Info: 2008 LGT, STG 2
'89 Masi Neova Strada all campi and a Surly steamroller single built up.
Attached Thumbnails what kind of bicycle you had?-screen-shot-2012-12-05-3.28.26-pm.png  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
How you like the dual Stella night lights? I have a single from about 5 years ago. Still works great I love it and take it on night rides still to this day.
i have the stella 600 (dual) and the old 200 single and I went cross country with the SoLite 150. They are great lights. Nowadays I'm using the 150 on my helmet and the 600s on the bars for nighttime MTB. Its kickass.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Car Info: WRB Wagon
wish i had pics..... but she was stolen from me very unfortunately... she was a banshee morphine with the 04 marzocchi z1 droppoffs(best 130mm fork ever) with hayes magnums/mavic single tracks and a bunch of other great stuff, best hardtail ive ever ridden and she was taken without a trace when i was like 17.. makes me sad til this day and still dont have enough $ for a new mountain bike lol
Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Wow, those lights look pretty awesome. I like the Stella 600. I am still using my two Blackburn Fleas but have not done much night-time trail riding so these have served me well, but they are annoying to charge. Probably as bright as a useful LED flashlight.

I need to snap some pics of my bikes as they have changed a bit since I last posted. My MTB has undergone a frame swap, courtesy of my best bud, and is now based on a Sycip Ti hardtail frame, using the same components as before and a Surly 29er fork to keep the geometry correct until I figure out what to do about a fork. Blew out my Rock Shox Psylo XC for a 2nd time and not into having it rebuilt again.

My road bike is now a single-speed, and now has brakes. Using Cane Creek calipers and Paul E-Levers (I am seriously addicted to Paul Components). Still using the same Scattante track frame and wheelset, though I had to get a new rear wheel to get rid of the 8-speed hub. The hub was cool, but the single speed is more fun in nearly every case. I also swapped out the carbon flat bars for a set of bullhorns. The jury is still out on them, but the last ride I took I actually got a lot more comfy with the bars. The bike is SO much fun, but it's really a sports car; sucks *** on a ride up El Camino but blasting around on the trails out in Redwood Shores/Foster City and all that is just wicked. Thinking of picking up Paul's 46T "Royal Flush" chainring and corresponding crank set. Running 42T now and while it's nice for the odd hill, I top out every time now and could really use a little more gear. I wish I could just have 2 speeds - would be perfect.

Speaking of the Paul gear, a friend has a bike that I had at my place for the last 3 years that was a hand-built (Matt Chester) Ti frame using as many Paul Components parts as possible. Could pick that bike up with a pinky, and never had to adjust, tune or tweak anything. It was amazing out on the trails but my most fun was just bombing around on it out at the coast (HMB area). This bike was so fun and light it reminded me of bombing around on my BMX as a kid.

My buddy took the bike back, but also swooped my RockHopper and rebuilt it back using my old components on the Sycip which has blown my mind (seriously no one has ever done something that rad for me, ever). I just picked it up last night and it's in my living room - cannot wait to ride it. I know the maiden voyage should never be one of purpose, but I am planning on riding into work tomorrow (12 mi each way, should be fine). I'll try to get some pics tonight. I can't imagine a bike I would like better than this one (obviously there are better bikes or setups, but this is mine and my fav so far). Needs lights, fenders and handlebar tassles.

Edit: here's a pic of my MTB. I rode to work and back today, it was pretty awesome.

Last edited by wombatsauce; 12-07-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Added pic.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by dSpec
My '97 Serotta Atlanta
Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 AM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
I'm currently on these guys:

Fuji Altamira w/ Ultegra.

Specialized 2011 Stumpy

Old KHS/Reynolds steel frame
No picture. But it's awesome and steel is the bee's knees.

Trek Tandem I picked up for me and the wife for $200.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:53 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Gary fisher tarpon with a mix of shimano XT and XTR parts.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Kona Stinky & Transition Gran Mal
Old 12-14-2012, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Just picked up this 2013 CAAD 10
Name:  EA7442EA-7E7D-4BB5-8FD3-A327AA84F166-8651-000003B11686EA4F.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  265.4 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what kind of bicycle you had?