Went to RPM in sac this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Went to RPM in sac this weekend

What a blast. It's only the second time I've gone karting and it was so much dam fun. My little brother's bday. Had the track to our selves for 3 25 lap runs.

I just kind of worked on lines and played around the first run and had a crappy car. 2nd run took a bit more seriously and worked my way through the pack until I got stuck behind my brother in law. Finished 2nd pushing him all around the track. 3rd run someone cut so when the lined us all up I was lined up in 3rd behind my brother in law. Guy that cut me off used to race dirt track. He got the hole shot and my brother in law bogged down. I ran on his bumper the hole race. He ran the low line so I just couldn't move him. He refused to give up the line. My car was stinking so bad because I had to keep hammering the brakes. Probably should have punted his *** but they were black flagging everyone for that even if it was the other guys fault. So in the end of that 3rd one I finished 3rd behind an old dirt track racer and a cop. Haaaaa. Had the second best lap time though. I laid back the 2nd to last lap and let him get a strait away lead on me then hammered the last lap. Through down an 18 something and STILL had to push him around the track the last 3 turns...haaa. I think I could run realistically 17.5's consistantly on the track. I asked and the record is 16.9 or something like that. I figure empty track with the right kart I could get close. NO WAY could you do that with a full track.

so much fun. We need to get another karting meet together.

Saw an R8 at the track and talked to a dude with a white legacy GT.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
ya that place is a lot of fun! ive been 2 or 3 times
Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Oh crap that was this past weekend... Man I've been sooo busy. I have no clue from one day to the next...
Old 07-28-2008, 10:26 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ipozestu
Oh crap that was this past weekend... Man I've been sooo busy. I have no clue from one day to the next...
his bday party at our place is this coming weekend. You're o.k. haaa.

theme is white trash so bring some hamms. Throw on your best overalls and greasy hat and stroll out. Figure what better setting for a white trash hodown then our place...h AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
ya that place is a lot of fun! ive been 2 or 3 times
when do they ever use the connector? I'd love to go run the hole track. A lot more space to pass. Lots more action. A lot more can happen in 25 40 second laps then 25 17-20 second laps.

It gets hot as hell down there. They need some exhaust fans at track level.
102 outside. It must have be 140 inside the suits.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
They link the tracks on Mondays IIRC. My wife gave a me a membership a couple of years ago for Christmas.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
lol, what time/day did you go?

I actually work there and worked sat/sun night .
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
when do they ever use the connector? I'd love to go run the hole track. A lot more space to pass. Lots more action. A lot more can happen in 25 40 second laps then 25 17-20 second laps.

It gets hot as hell down there. They need some exhaust fans at track level.
102 outside. It must have be 140 inside the suits.
ya i think like ryball said on mondays.. on wed nights they race the tracks backwards.. its kinda weird lol
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
ya i think like ryball said on mondays.. on wed nights they race the tracks backwards.. its kinda weird lol
yeah I can see coming through the chicane into that hairpin being odd instead of the other way. But then again I can see not having to come through the chicane full tint and having to hammer down for that left hand cut back being nice. Probably faster in reverse. I wonder if that's the track record time... running in revers.

hmmmm. we were on the one on the left. The smaller one.

Really nice set up. Nice helmets for sale and what not. Cool place. I wish I could afford to franchise one over in santa cruz. Be huge over here. Get a wharehouse over by river by costco or something.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
his bday party at our place is this coming weekend. You're o.k. haaa.

theme is white trash so bring some hamms. Throw on your best overalls and greasy hat and stroll out. Figure what better setting for a white trash hodown then our place...h AAAAAAAAAAAAA
I prefer to wear a Blue Ribbon around my redneck. No PBR, then only the "Best" will do.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:52 AM

Car Info: 2007 Subaru Impreza
I DRIVE BY It a lot but i never been in there i seen it on tv couple of times and been wanting to go i just never do is it really that fun?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Churro Aficionado

yeah I can see coming through the chicane into that hairpin being odd instead of the other way. But then again I can see not having to come through the chicane full tint and having to hammer down for that left hand cut back being nice. Probably faster in reverse. I wonder if that's the track record time... running in revers.

hmmmm. we were on the one on the left. The smaller one.

Really nice set up. Nice helmets for sale and what not. Cool place. I wish I could afford to franchise one over in santa cruz. Be huge over here. Get a wharehouse over by river by costco or something.
ya the first time i road the track on the right. last time i went (like two weeks ago) we were on the right track again but it was backwards.. ya that hairpin turn in weird going the other way! but it makes everything that much more interesting
Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
We run the full track (Lost) all day on mondays, on wensdays we run monster backwards and call it Khaos. Its a good amount of fun, I prefer regular monster just cause im used to it lol. If anyone is ever up for racing im always down seeing as how i live hella close by and get half off
Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by Jewbaru
We run the full track (Lost) all day on mondays, on wensdays we run monster backwards and call it Khaos. Its a good amount of fun, I prefer regular monster just cause im used to it lol. If anyone is ever up for racing im always down seeing as how i live hella close by and get half off
how come? and is that just for you?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Impreza916
I DRIVE BY It a lot but i never been in there i seen it on tv couple of times and been wanting to go i just never do is it really that fun?
It's a really great set up. Running the two tracks. The lockers are set up well with the breifing room right there. It's a really nice facility. The tracks are both set up well. The staff was cool and on top of it. Its funner when you go with people that understand race rules and what not. It was IMPOSSIBLE to run speed lines when I went because someone would come under you and steel your lines and NO ONE would move. I was stuck behind a couple cars getting blue flagged for like 5-10 laps. Several times I just put my hands up. Guys trying to go 3 wide around the hair pin into the chicane. I was like WTF?

It really is that fun. Expensive but fun. Too expensive for me to do on a regular basis. If I was super into it I'd rather just get a shifter cart and run down at a regular course.

Quick Reply: Went to RPM in sac this weekend