Wait, why does everyone hate Ken Block?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 02:06 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
The only thing i don't understand is why he hasn't made a rally paradise somewhere in California.

He must have millions. And a place like that would make money. People would pay $50 for a day pass to enter some awesome mtn with dirt and tarmac roads.

Like a ski resort, where all the one way maintenance roads are graded/paved with traffic signals at each intersection start/finish.

go karting can shove it!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:09 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Originally Posted by Yin
link to other ken block hate threads?

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ight=ken+block
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ight=ken+block
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ight=ken+block

Come on, the hatred of Ken Block is asinine.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
i hate suby way more for pulling out of wrx then Ken for wanting to drive wrc

dam Subaru, tricked me, I was sold after I saw my first rally. Now with no suby wrc, I am just stuck with a boxy car and a huge wing.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:44 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
2 of those threads are from another forum.

He's a big PR stunt as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
The only thing i don't understand is why he hasn't made a rally paradise somewhere in California.

He must have millions. And a place like that would make money. People would pay $50 for a day pass to enter some awesome mtn with dirt and tarmac roads.

Like a ski resort, where all the one way maintenance roads are graded/paved with traffic signals at each intersection start/finish.

go karting can shove it!
Insurance, plain and simple.

You'd have to charge people a hell of a lot more than $50/day for that type of setup. Hell, lift tickets are $60+ for a day of skiing and there aren't any 3,000 lb. vehicles involved.

-Brian
Old 03-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
well then how about a few dedicated rallycross circuits. Maybe a special stage in a field that happens more than a few times a year!

Rallycrosses are cool and all...but cant we get a dedicated site backed by someone with money so we dont have to hit potholes and chunks of asphalt! I dont think thats too much to ask for.

maybe pave a few corners, have a ditch hook gutter style corner/esses that would be sick
Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
You guys are pretty damn stupid if you are angry at him for switching to Ford.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by blue blurr
You guys are pretty damn stupid if you are angry at him for switching to Ford.
Seriously.

-Brian
Old 03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
well then how about a few dedicated rallycross circuits. Maybe a special stage in a field that happens more than a few times a year!

Rallycrosses are cool and all...but cant we get a dedicated site backed by someone with money so we dont have to hit potholes and chunks of asphalt! I dont think thats too much to ask for.

maybe pave a few corners, have a ditch hook gutter style corner/esses that would be sick
The only thing I can think of that would be remotely close to what you're describing is a dedicated rally school. For example:

http://www.team-oneil.com/

They charge big money (relatively) because of the cost to run/operate the school. I would guess that the insurance coverage is the main component of that high cost. My suggestion would be to make a lot of money and open a rally school here on the west coast.

-Brian
Old 03-22-2010, 06:42 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by subaruwrx
Wait, why does everyone hate Ken Block?
Jealousy.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by subaruwrx
Its great to have an American driving in WRC!

And he didnt even do that bad, considering his lack of experience. He was in 10th place after day one.

and check out this driving!
http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...focus-wrc.html

you know I posted this almost 2 weeks ago...

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=28

We all pretty much hugged it out by the end of that thread, How'd you miss it?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Jealousy.
...straight up.

just cuz some douch3 can afford the time and money to do this isnt a reason to hate on him. i aint no fan boy but he's just another guy trying to get his. whatever so he went to ford. suby ****ed up and didnt want back in. not his fault for wanting to race rally with a car that actually has a team.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:31 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Originally Posted by Krinkov
you know I posted this almost 2 weeks ago...

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=28

We all pretty much hugged it out by the end of that thread, How'd you miss it?
I must have taken the day off :-/
Old 03-23-2010, 06:58 AM

Car Info: Fast
Ford has 10x the rally heritage than Subaru. I would MUCH rather see Ford remain in WRC than Subaru.

I think the real question is, why all the hatred for Ford? Did they screw your GF, run over your Mom, or kick your dog?

Ken Block is a lucky dude. He is humble and not a ****sucker, and openly acknowledges that he does not have a chance of winning, but he is going to have the time of his life trying.

THAT is what racing is all about.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I dont hate Ken Block... I hate Subaru! I used to love Subaru, that includes the cars to the head honcho's at Fuji Heavy Ind and the reason for that is because the cars were great and the company did some great things to improve the car year by year as well as keep the car's heritage going by racing in the WRC... All that has changed however... Subaru is more focused on the main stream and knows that their car has enough recognition to where they don't have to race in the WRC anymore which is a really big blow to fans like you and me (Subaru WRC fans).

I dont know about you but when I think of the WRC I think of that iconic blue and yellow race car... The car that stands out from the rest and the car that is the symbol of the entire WRC (well, to most people at least). Subaru pulling out of the WRC was a big mistake and has loyal fans like me on the verge of abandonment. One of the main reasons I bought my Subie (originally) was because of the WRC... Now Subaru makes tame looking cars that resemble all other cars on the road (with the exception of the STi, but even that is way more main stream than the older STi's) and no longer race in the WRC... Everything they have worked soooo hard to create (a name for themselves through racing) is all going down the drain and it's sad to see really.

I still love my Subie and always will love this era of Imprezism, but as time goes by it seems like Subaru is growing more and more distant to us enthusiasts which is a damn pity because we had such a close knit group of people that all enjoyed the same thing (WRC in the USA is as far as mainstream as you can get, especially back in the 90's and early 2000's)

Ken Block is living a dream that we all wish we could live. We all wish we had a disposable income to where we didnt have to worry about crashing our cars (fully prepped rally cars) because we have other ones on stand by just waiting for you in case you wreck the one you're driving. We all wish we had our own race course, our own race team to cater to every driving adventure that you could fathom... Ken Block is living it! He's doing what we all wish we could be doing and frankly I think a lot of people are jealous of him... He's not the best driver in the circuit but he's brand new to the sport and has a lot of time to improve, and who knows, maybe 5-8 years from now he'll be #1 in the WRC. Everyone has to start somewhere and he's starting by driving a ford since subaru completely bailed on him (not to mention all the loyal fans), and dont tell me that you wouldnt be doing exactly what he's doing!

You should all hate on Subaru, not Ken Block. If Subaru was still in the WRC Ken Wouldn't have switched to Ford, he's made that very clear... But how can he stick with Subaru when they dont even race anymore? He made the right choice and everyone who hates on him for that can suck a fat rally tire.

Quick Reply: Wait, why does everyone hate Ken Block?