Unintentional accidents

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 05:55 PM

Car Info: it's nice
Exclamation Unintentional accidents

has anyone caused another accident involving you but you not doing anything?

Just the other day, I was sitting in traffic, some dude was checking out my STi, drifting forward, then BAM! Rear-ended a BMW.

This is the second time this has happened in four months.

Any cool stories?
Old 05-25-2004, 05:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx WRBlue ~v34 sold/ 05evo MR ^_^
Haha
Old 05-25-2004, 09:05 PM

Car Info: it's nice
you won't believe this. It just happened again last night. The VW did slam on the brakes just in time. Guess it doesn't count.

Does DMV need to be more stingent on passing?
Old 05-26-2004, 08:34 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
About ten years ago during my freeway commute I slowly passed a '68 Camaro (I used to drive a rat-motored '69). I was checking out that car as I crept by it while the driver of the Camaro was checking out my car, which at the time was a de-decaled '86 Omni GLHS with factory 6-point cage. The next thing I knew, he'd rear-ended the car in front of him and when the other car rolled forward I saw the grill and headlight area on the Camaro all crunched in. Ouch.

On a commute home in the same Omni, I was carpooling with another guy from work and encountered heavy traffic at a highway junction (where westbound Hwy 50 meets Hwy 5 southbound). The traffic in front of me was at a dead stop so I eased onto the brakes. I looked in my rearview and noticed that the driver behind me was engaged in animated conversation with his three passengers and not looking at the road. Uh, oh. I looked to the adjacent lanes and everyone was tailgating - couldn't move over. By now, I was closing the distance to the stopped traffic fast but had to let myself approach them at a much higher speed than I'd normally want to do. The guy behind me was still talking and looking at his immediate passenger. I waited as long as I could then braked hard. I stopped less than 18 inches from the back of the car in front. I could hear the sound of tire screeching/brakes locked behind me and when the guy managed to stop his car, he was sitting in the lane to my right, his front bumper lined up with my own. His passengers were freaked! LOL. My own passenger had one hand on the dashboard and the other on the door armrest in a death grip. He never said a word the rest of the way to his house.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush