To Protect and....almost cause accidents?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 12:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
To Protect and....almost cause accidents?

So I was driving down my road (dark and twisty) and a normal speed because it was raining, and had been raining for some time. Also, my car was running an economy map, so I wasn't flooring it around corners. So I come down a stretch at normal speed and two cars had pulled out of a driveway and were going away from me while a third was in the driveway that I was now probably 6 feet from.

At this point the guy pulls out, and I shouldnt say right infront of me because I have to slam on my breaks (ABS kicked in right away) and I had to swerve even closer to the solid rock hillside next to me. As I start to lay on my horn as I try to stop and not hit anything, I realize the ****er is a Monterey County Sheriff! I thought these guys went through better training than this? Its not like I was speeding or coming around a blind corner, he just decided not to acknowledge my headlights to his right, as he decided that he didnt have to stop when pulling out of the driveway. I finally come to a stop while hes about half a foot away from my door. I throw it in reverse and back up because there was no way I was letting this ****er behind me. He sits there for about 20 seconds I guess ****ting himself because he's a retard.

He finally decides to move out of the middle of the oncoming lane, and what does he do? zooms off on a soaking wet road, crossing over half way into the oncoming traffic lane around blind corners! I was already thinking of reporting him for almost causing an accident, and this just made me want to do it even more. After we catch up to the two cars that had left the driveway before him (front one another sheriffs car, second one a regular SUV) guess what he does.....yup, he tailgates like a **** for about 4 miles until we get to the highway. By the time we get to the highway though I've already had 411 connect me to dispatch (I actually asked for the sheriff's non-emergency number) and the CHP dispatch asks for the plate number, so I give it to her, then she asks for the description "its a crown vic, black and white monterey county sheriff's car." Once we get onto the highway the sheriff sees another road to take, puts on his brakes pretty hard, and ducks onto that road, most likely to hide since his buddy a few cars ahead now didnt turn, so there was no call made to them.

At no point in this incident, either when he pulled out of the driveway, or ducked onto another road, did he have sirens or flashing lights on either.

10 minutes after I get off the phone with the CHP I get a call from the Monterey County Sheriff's office confirming the plate number and saying they'll look into who was driving the car at that point. I know nothing really is going to happen to the officer, I just like letting him know I'm not ignoring him almost t-boning me which would have driven my car into a solid rock hillside.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:16 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
no ****, dumbass cops not paying attention FTMFL
Old 12-27-2006, 12:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
good job on getting the report in. it will go in his file at the very least.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:37 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by MBasile
At no point in this incident, either when he pulled out of the driveway, or ducked onto another road, did he have sirens or flashing lights on either.

It's good you reported this. My dad used to work for the CHP (not an officer though) and he told me that without the lights/siren, they gotta obey road rules just like everyone else on or off duty.

He needs to be checked with that crap driving.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:38 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i work for a city, unauthorized personnel yard has about 10 totalled crown vics and 20 other damaged ones for a city population of 70K.
they must not care
Old 12-27-2006, 10:52 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I've had a CHP down south, right before a freeway junction, fly up next to me, pretend to change lanes about 2 inches in front of me (by basically not using his signal and swirve 1/2 of his car in front of me and then back into his lane), to make me slam on my brakes then fly over 3 lanes to get to the junction of the other freeway...
Old 12-27-2006, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
Good job matt couldnt stop laughing when u sent me the text message though
Old 12-27-2006, 04:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by MBasile
CHP dispatch asks for the plate number, so I give it to her, then she asks for the description "its a crown vic, black and white monterey county sheriff's car."
Unit 91, that plate belongs to a Spurberry Police Car!
OH MY GOD!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Unit 91, that plate belongs to a Spurberry Police Car!
OH MY GOD!!!
lol chicken f@cker.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:56 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
a) There was more going on there than you may have realized. I'm not defending his actions, but the deputy was likely responding to something.

b) If that had happened to you in Pacific Grove your front teeth would be busted out by now.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:41 PM

Car Info: 05 CMG STi, 67' GTO, 69' Camaro
Originally Posted by sirhankwilliams
b) If that had happened to you in Pacific Grove your front teeth would be busted out by now.
wtf?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by sirhankwilliams
a) There was more going on there than you may have realized. I'm not defending his actions, but the deputy was likely responding to something.

hahaha, who the hell is this?

a) sadly, there isnt always something else going on, cops DO drive like *******s for no reason. If theres every "something else going on" thats why they have those flashy things on top of their car so that they don't hit other cars and people know to get out of their way

b) I know most of the PGPD because I'm good friends with a head retired PG cop and about half of the entire PG force showed up at my work when I called them about a guy that drove to the store drunk.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:42 AM

Car Info: sc300
i thought cops are allowed to do whatever they want..
i was under the impression they were at least by the way they act.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:48 PM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
lol chicken f@cker.
Anyone want cream? Ok no cream.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:00 PM

Car Info: WRB 18g + Meth (sold) 07 BMW 335i coupe
wouldve been better if you got hit...so the officer wouldve got in big trouble and u couldve claimed insurance

Quick Reply: To Protect and....almost cause accidents?