UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 10:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
**** that ****. The Jdc has gone soft. Its gone boxing. Points win fights. Clay guida is the future! Diaz ot out pointed. Conditions didn't do ****.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:25 AM

^ huh? lol
Old 02-05-2012, 10:44 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
^ huh? lol
Holy crap. Think I had more beers than I thought.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:21 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Diaz got out worked, he thinks walking forward and taunting will win? He got owned... never looked desperate for a win. Just kept walking forward methodically. Only thing he did get was the body work somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round. The other dude's conditioning was tremendous, still throwing a boat load of kicks and a variety of punches and got out fast.

But he will, and almost anyone will get owned by GSP. No ground game shown at all, barely any defense of the ground game, and GSP is all about grinding the ground game.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Holy crap. Think I had more beers than I thought.
This!
I had to look at my keyboard to figure out that "JDC" = "UFC" on a-a-a-alcohol (and nothing to do with Junior Dos Santos).
Old 02-05-2012, 05:51 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
First Frankie Edgar and now Condit. What the **** is it with these hit and run guys? Makes for such boring fights. Diaz definitely got worked but it was because Condit didnt want to fight. He came to score points and run away the entire time.

GSP is just going to lay on him for 5 rounds and call it a day. Glad I dont pay for UFC anymore.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:46 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
First Frankie Edgar and now Condit. What the **** is it with these hit and run guys? Makes for such boring fights. Diaz definitely got worked but it was because Condit didnt want to fight. He came to score points and run away the entire time.

GSP is just going to lay on him for 5 rounds and call it a day. Glad I dont pay for UFC anymore.
Makes you miss the yellow and red cards from Pride, doesn't it?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:40 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Lol yes it does lol nick Diaz likes those rules too... Gay fight.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:43 PM

Wonder if Dia will be back.. If he gets a rematch I'm sure he would take it. Mayb kosheck next fir Diaz ..
Old 02-05-2012, 10:59 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Makes you miss the yellow and red cards from Pride, doesn't it?
The sport needs to evolve back.

wait wut?
Old 02-06-2012, 09:59 AM
General Pimpin'

First Frankie Edgar and now Condit. What the **** is it with these hit and run guys? Makes for such boring fights. Diaz definitely got worked but it was because Condit didnt want to fight. He came to score points and run away the entire time. That's what my babble about Clay Guida was about and the boxing reference. Guys trying to win on points. I say these fights go until someone either taps out or goes to sleep.

Don't forget about Machida. Same ****.

I absolutely hate Frankie Edgar as a champion. I hope ben henderson smashes him.

Condit was a joke. His striking LOOKS good. But it wasn't all that accurate and it wasn't damaging. Diaz literally had zero respect for Condit's striking. Even that shot to the face wasn't completed. And I've NEVER seen someone throw so many of the same exact strike that NEVER lands. That spinning backfist started becoming comical.

I think that if Diaz felt like he was in trouble he would have taken it to the ground sooner. Condit clearly has no ground game. He did not defend the choke well and that was one of the easiest take downs I've ever seen. I just wish Diaz would have had the killer instinct and actually went after him sooner. Condit ran from him the whole fight. He'd get blasted twice and just spin out and run. He didn't toe up but for maybe 2 minutes of the fight.

If Diaz retires I'm gonna be pissed. Diaz reminds me of BJ Penn... if it goes to a decision he's gonna loose. Makes you wonder how much the powers that be have to do with these decisions. White hates them both.

Such an irritating fight. The next one is going to be worse. You could see on GSP face he was bummed. He watched the fight and said... well.. I guess I'm gonna have to tackle that dude and just lay on him and punch him occasionally.

Condit is going to get DESTROYED! This fight might be so boring that GSP decides to either retire or go for a catch weight fight with Silva since nobody wants to fight Jones. LOL.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM

Lol I want Diaz gsp not Condit... They should fight till one drops eff the decisions..
Old 02-06-2012, 04:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Lol I want Diaz gsp not Condit... They should fight till one drops eff the decisions..
I think everyone does. Condit just isn't ready. I'm actually a fan of condit. Generally speaking he's a go after you kind of dude. He goes for the finish. But against Diaz he just looked like he realized right away that he wasn't gonna be able to finish Diaz so he tried to (and succeeded) at out pointing him.

Soon as it was over I looked at my buddy and said... Condit got that one. Just because I know how the UFC judging has been the last 2/3 years. I think they focus on the wrong stuff and let emotions get in the way. If it's someone the "UFC" doesn't like then that person looses close rounds.

Diaz won round 5 for sure. I feel like he won rounds 1/2 as well. I gave 3/4 to Condit because he was WAY more active. It looked like Diaz was resting in round 3. Round 4 they were back and forth but the head kick one it. That was a sick combo. I think that one combo probably won him the whole fight to tell you the truth.

But seriously.... Diaz's game plan was TERRIBLE. He should have beat him down for 2 rounds and then just tackled his *** and tapped him out. Diaz is on another level on the ground.

Condit has a HUGE whole in his game and it's one that GSP will have no issues exposing. I think that Condit gets beat so bad he has a really hard time staying on top. I think he'll get leap frogged by a couple guys. He got this shot too easily. I think GSP takes him down and just beats on him. Beyond that he showed that he can be picked apart. Diaz was landing on him pretty much whenever he wanted. GSP's jab has gotten amazing. I see GSP jabbing the **** out of him, tackling him and smashing on him. Fight goes 5 and GSP wins all 5 rounds.

I really really hope Diaz doesn't retire. I'd like to see him fight Condit again and just put him out. But I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Diaz for a couple years... not until his brother has a belt around his waist.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Nate is killing it lately...that last Cerrone fight was cherry ..
Old 02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
VIP Member

The sport needs to evolve back.
Well, to be fair, it's NOT the first the time the human race has gone backwards, right?

Also, for anyone that hates on Machida, might I reemphasize this?

Quick Reply: UFC Thread