Notices

UFC Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 04:33 PM
  #196  
VIP Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Choku Dori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Under your bed, in your closet, and in your head
Posts: 15,429
Car Info: Corvette Z51
Rooting for Omigawa all the way!!! Kid Yamamoto, I couldn't care less about -- he needs another slice or 7 of humble pie.
Choku Dori is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 04:41 PM
  #197  
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 3,150
Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Omigawa for sure dude. This **** better win, cause he and Hatsu Hioki are pretty much the truth in Japanese MMA right now, and Omigawa losing would be a decisive fail.
verc is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 11:01 PM
  #198  
VIP Member
 
boardoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N38.6775* W120.0805*
Posts: 3,505
Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Updated the rest of my picks a while ago.

- - - - - -

Originally Posted by Choku Dori View Post
Rooting for Omigawa all the way!!! Kid Yamamoto, I couldn't care less about -- he needs another slice or 7 of humble pie.
Yup, Yamamoto's "personality" leaves much to be desired, eh? I wouldn't mind one bit if Johnson puts together several quick combos like in his past WEC bouts.
boardoholic is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
  #199  
VIP Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Choku Dori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Under your bed, in your closet, and in your head
Posts: 15,429
Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by verc View Post
Omigawa for sure dude. This **** better win, cause he and Hatsu Hioki are pretty much the truth in Japanese MMA right now, and Omigawa losing would be a decisive fail.
Big loud OSU!!!! to that!!!!

Originally Posted by boardoholic View Post
Yup, Yamamoto's "personality" leaves much to be desired, eh? I wouldn't mind one bit if Johnson puts together several quick combos like in his past WEC bouts.
Even after knee surgery, a failed attempt to make the Beijing Olympics, his wife leaving him, and a Muay Thai LARPing stint, he's still a super douche -- I'm completely befuddled!
Choku Dori is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 12:32 AM
  #200  
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 3,150
Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by Choku Dori View Post
Even after knee surgery, a failed attempt to make the Beijing Olympics, his wife leaving him, and a Muay Thai LARPing stint, he's still a super douche -- I'm completely befuddled!

To me, that's why he's awesome though, lol. The fact that he just seems like he doesn't give a ****.

I mean.... I'm tired of the same old hard working "got five kids and two full time jobs and dedicated Christian" type fighter, haha. I like seeing the personalities.
verc is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 09:16 AM
  #201  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 6,644
probably going to miss the event tomorrow due to a birthday party Wanted to see JJ in action.
TurnWRX is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 09:33 AM
  #202  
General Pimpin'
iTrader: (7)
 
OneManArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Knee deep in beer. subabrew crew, ca.
Posts: 23,007
Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Best card in a while. I'm thinking pretty similar to cliff on this one. Vitor has on hope... get close and bully Silva with punches. Has to keep it off the ground and stay away from Silva kicks. Forest's days as the ufc poster boy are done. Rich is gonna knee him to death. Bader has mad one punch power and killer wrestling but Jones is long and very athletic. Dude is vicious. Nader can win if he gets on top It gets inside. I think Pierce wins. Stacked card.
OneManArmy is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 12:17 PM
  #203  
VIP Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Choku Dori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Under your bed, in your closet, and in your head
Posts: 15,429
Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by verc View Post
To me, that's why he's awesome though, lol. The fact that he just seems like he doesn't give a ****.

I mean.... I'm tired of the same old hard working "got five kids and two full time jobs and dedicated Christian" type fighter, haha. I like seeing the personalities.
I dunno, I still think kicking a ring doctor is going too far.
And don't tell me you're a Nick Diaz fan too...
But in terms of that tough guy style, I don't think anyone can top the Inoue Bros. Or Kohsaka Tsuyoshi for that matter. Or Crocop when he was raging.

P.S. Kid's ex-wife is HAWT.
Choku Dori is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
  #204  
Registered User
iTrader: (17)
 
03'EyeBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,501
Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
This should be a great card, can't wait to pirate it! I'm goin with Silva, Jones, Franklin, and Omigawa.
03'EyeBug is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 01:57 PM
  #205  
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 3,150
Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by Choku Dori View Post
I dunno, I still think kicking a ring doctor is going too far.
And don't tell me you're a Nick Diaz fan too...
But in terms of that tough guy style, I don't think anyone can top the Inoue Bros. Or Kohsaka Tsuyoshi for that matter. Or Crocop when he was raging.

P.S. Kid's ex-wife is HAWT.

lol, yeah I'm a huge Nick Diaz fan.

yeah I miss old Crocop, the badass emotionless killer - these days he's all smiling during interviews
verc is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 06:19 PM
  #206  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 6,644
Omigawa got a huge cut above his eye. Ouch
TurnWRX is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 08:28 PM
  #207  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 6,644
Woooot! JJ vs Shogun!
TurnWRX is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 08:29 PM
  #208  
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: No Way
Posts: 6,826
Car Info: Nadda
Jones vs Shogun, definitely sounding like an epic match. Jones is good, wasn't too exciting, but definitely smooth with his moves.
iLoqin is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 09:25 PM
  #209  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 6,644
wow, Vitor got KO'd with a straight kick to the face/jaw. Ouch!
TurnWRX is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 10:35 AM
  #210  
more than meets the eye
iTrader: (14)
 
soundwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,054
Car Info: ?


soundwave is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UFC Thread


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.