UCPD Officer "If I see you driving like that again, I'll take your car away."

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 03:42 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
UCPD Officer "If I see you driving like that again, I'll take your car away."

"Um........ ok..."

I don't get what makes my street such a great place to hang out for two officers (2 cars) at 3:30am, but ok, that's their choosing.

Me going 10mph over the speed limit shouldn't really ruffle any feathers, right?

I mean sure, the yellow sign suggests you go 10mph around the bend in the street, but if I can go 35mph just the same, in this 25mph zone, not going to hurt anybody...

So, i wize around the bend, 175ft goes by, then past two parked patrol cars, and they must have heard me, since one guy had the time to shine the spot light on me, but my drive was already there, so I hung a right, and went down it, and parked.

BAM: Mag light to face, and it was bright! so I open the door and he says to me "If I see you driving like that again, I'll take your car away.".

Now, if I was so damn tired, I'd have asked him what VC he'd be citing me for, and how that would mean I'd be losing my car... reckless driving?

He was standing on the side walk, didn't even see me until I came around the bend. He doesn't know my speed. Sure,may have sounded really fast, but it was 35mph... I'm not Colin McRae, I wasn't sliding around this turn, it was 35mph...

Speeding? again, no idea of my speed, its dark, no radar.. no pacing... no way it would hold up.

too bad, I think it'd have made a nice conversation.

You think of anything he could have cited me for, and let know.

-Gagan

Last edited by joltdudeuc; 03-05-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
he was probably mad that you're house is bigger than his.. haha..
Old 03-05-2006, 08:17 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon (RIP)
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
With all the insane amounts of overtime they get to rid the world of "dangerous" exhausts, cops easily make $100k+. Not bad considering the amount of education and skill level required, and easily enough to afford a decent size house.

As for what that cop coulda cited you for other than speeding, I dunno. I think cops are kinda like women, there's always that time of month when they need to make life hell for someone else.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
Nah. Well, maybe he thought I was being arrogant cause I didn't slow down... I saw them from a while a way, and was just kept driving 35mph... and I just turned right in.

Anyway, i felt his statement was unlawful, and not true. I don't think there was anything he could have cited me for to get my car towed...

-Gagan
Old 03-05-2006, 09:05 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
thats complete BS! he couldnt have taken your car without proof of anything unlawful....
Old 03-05-2006, 09:09 AM

Car Info: My Car
"I mean sure, the yellow sign suggests you go 10mph around the bend in the street, but if I can go 35mph just the same, in this 25mph zone, not going to hurt anybody..."

that right there can get your car taken away. if it's a blind turn and someone happens to be crossing or a car is parked there for some reason, then yea it can hurt someone.
also, on a quiet night, with a loud exhaust, the sound can be distinguish on how that turn is being taken. since the sign suggested 10mph and you went 35mph, that there is a big difference. i assume that it's a sharp turn. keep in mind also, that even tho the tires didn't screech you can hear those tires gripping at the speed u were taking it, so it's easy to distinguish at 3AM.

*BTW there were two cops to witness like u said. i'm sure their words could easily have your car taken away.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Originally Posted by crazy_sherm
I think cops are kinda like women, there's always that time of month when they need to make life hell for someone else.
:rotfl: SO, so true
Old 03-05-2006, 12:20 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
With all the insane amounts of overtime they get to rid the world of "dangerous" exhausts, cops easily make $100k+. Not bad considering the amount of education and skill level required, and easily enough to afford a decent size house.

As for what that cop coulda cited you for other than speeding, I dunno. I think cops are kinda like women, there's always that time of month when they need to make life hell for someone else.

a littlle off topic but i bet that is true. theres a guy over at nasioc and he just bought a new sti and legacy...at the same time. he's 20 and people asked him how he afforded those cars. he also said he wa sgonna get a house in a few years. peopel asked him what he did for a living and he said he's a cop. i thought wtf a cop making that much? but i guess its all the ticket issuing. i feel bad for paying for tohse cop's nice toys.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc

you haven't seen gagan's house.. haha.. it completely stands out of his whole neighborhood... haha...

that's what i was getting to gagan, since you acted like nothign was wrong, cause there really wasnt, then you end up pulling into your long *** driveway, he probably though you were being an ignorant ***... oh well, krispy kremes down the street, he was probably hungry
Old 03-05-2006, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
lol

I once got pulled over by UCPD( Univeristy police) for hitting mad vtack in my old accord on the street

He pulled me outta the car and yelled at me in the street and said he could get me kicked out of school

ahahhahahahahah
Old 03-05-2006, 03:24 PM

Car Info: WRX
you shoulda stomp his couch
Old 03-05-2006, 03:29 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by ucbsti
lol

I once got pulled over by UCPD( Univeristy police) for hitting mad vtack in my old accord on the street

He pulled me outta the car and yelled at me in the street and said he could get me kicked out of school

ahahhahahahahah
You shoulda said "Wow officer, I didn't know your power extended that far. You must really be a somebody. "
Old 03-05-2006, 03:46 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by swift2fly
"I mean sure, the yellow sign suggests you go 10mph around the bend in the street, but if I can go 35mph just the same, in this 25mph zone, not going to hurt anybody..."

that right there can get your car taken away. if it's a blind turn and someone happens to be crossing or a car is parked there for some reason, then yea it can hurt someone.
also, on a quiet night, with a loud exhaust, the sound can be distinguish on how that turn is being taken. since the sign suggested 10mph and you went 35mph, that there is a big difference. i assume that it's a sharp turn. keep in mind also, that even tho the tires didn't screech you can hear those tires gripping at the speed u were taking it, so it's easy to distinguish at 3AM.

*BTW there were two cops to witness like u said. i'm sure their words could easily have your car taken away.
The police also could not proven how fast he was going by exhaust note, whether it be a 1st,2nd,3rd, or even 4th gear turn.

Also, IIRC, the sign is to tell the speed all autos can make the turn including semis. Most turns with those posted I can go atleast 20mph over that speed, and still have full control which would allow me to avoid anything in the way.

As for tires, many tires make many different noises, for example, a set of S-03s would not make any noise at all, while a set of... something like Dunlop FM901s most likely would.

Though, your last statement can make everything I just said null. 2 cops saying whatever they want will automatically make you lose. IMHO, bull...

Just be happy they didn't try and make you pop your hood, or do some bs ticket like tint or license plate.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:39 PM

Car Info: 04 STi & an autox Lemming
Remember cops are "expert" of judging speed from outside. They could say you were going 45mph and the judge would trust them.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:17 PM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
lol

Quick Reply: UCPD Officer "If I see you driving like that again, I'll take your car away."