Totalled my STi looking for something new

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:44 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
Originally Posted by wocabin
my car cost 10k to fix cuz the drivetrain was all wrecked but it wasnt declared totalled.

does totaling your car bump up your insurance like crazy compared to an accident with no total?
either way you are ganna get hit hard on insurance...

Pretty much insurance works this way - they are cheap until you actually use them, then they get much more expensive...

They have a point system, i think its like traffic infractions and at fault accidents *yours* are 1 point and rates go up accordingly....2 points in 3 years and 60% of companies wont take you.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Car Info: 04 AW WRX
im looking to sell the totaled sti for 6800 if your interested let me know asap paying for storage....tones of good stuff on this guy
Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 AM

bumping..need to get ris of the totaled sti by thurs someone pick it up before insurance has to
Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 AM

a totalled car for 6800? LOL, dude, i bought my car totaled for like $850 for my 06 WRX that had only frontal damage. (engine was good, just radiator and frame were ****ed)

You can buy a car that works and is nice for 6800 bro... why would anyone buy a salvaged AND totaled car that needs 10K + work to even be usable.... Plus, i bet the frame is warped due to flipping it.

Just let insurance do their thing - get your paycheck and get a new car.... Also, i thought your car only can be totalled if over 2/3s dmg is done? you car was only worth 15k?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Sharky
a totalled car for 6800? LOL, dude, i bought my car totaled for like $850 for my 06 WRX that had only frontal damage. (engine was good, just radiator and frame were ****ed)

You can buy a car that works and is nice for 6800 bro... why would anyone buy a salvaged AND totaled car that needs 10K + work to even be usable.... Plus, i bet the frame is warped due to flipping it.

Just let insurance do their thing - get your paycheck and get a new car.... Also, i thought your car only can be totalled if over 2/3s dmg is done? you car was only worth 15k?

Uh, cuz the engine and transmission are still in great condition and are worth FAR more then $6800 just alone. Then add diffs, brakes, and a slew of other parts that are still fine and the car is worth WAAAAAAAY more then $6800.

His damage is mainly just cosmetic with some minor mechanical problems which added up, but everything else is in damn good shape and a lot of folks would kill to get parts off that car. So yeah, $6800 is a good deal for someone who wants to take the time to remove parts and sell them or use them for a future project. If you go to a salvage lot and try to buy an STi 6speed and engine you're going to be paying at least $6800... think about all the other parts you can sell! From engine to HID headlights, those are things people want!

Hell, I want his STi cat back really badly because when I bought my STi it came with some crappy aftermarket can that sucks... I don't suppose you want to sell it to me? I just want to revert it back to stock.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Sharky

It's half the cost, at least with my insurance.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
thats odd, because i've had 4 cars of mine in the past totaled, and typically if the damage cost to repair is 70-80% of the cars worth, then it's considered a total loss.
i've been in 9 accidents and have dealt with quite a few body shops, insurance claims, etc.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Originally Posted by brucelee
Uh, cuz the engine and transmission are still in great condition and are worth FAR more then $6800 just alone. Then add diffs, brakes, and a slew of other parts that are still fine and the car is worth WAAAAAAAY more then $6800.

His damage is mainly just cosmetic with some minor mechanical problems which added up, but everything else is in damn good shape and a lot of folks would kill to get parts off that car. So yeah, $6800 is a good deal for someone who wants to take the time to remove parts and sell them or use them for a future project. If you go to a salvage lot and try to buy an STi 6speed and engine you're going to be paying at least $6800... think about all the other parts you can sell! From engine to HID headlights, those are things people want!

Hell, I want his STi cat back really badly because when I bought my STi it came with some crappy aftermarket can that sucks... I don't suppose you want to sell it to me? I just want to revert it back to stock.
I think the point was that it wont cost him $6800 to buy the car back, so people might be wondering why he is asking for so much. If that were the case, wouldn't it be better for him to buy and back and part it out himself?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:12 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
<--- Glad to only pay $65 a month for my insurance. If they only knew... lol
Old 02-11-2009, 04:18 PM

The buy back is close to 6800 im not trying to rip of fellow Iclubbers but I could just take the money from the insurance and call it even but instead I'm throwing it out here if anyone wants some good parts to swap into their own cars, my STi only had 34000 miles on it and has little wear on anything so let me know guys... and to brucelee I have the sti axle back if you are interested in that
Old 02-11-2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by splinter
The buy back is close to 6800 im not trying to rip of fellow Iclubbers but I could just take the money from the insurance and call it even but instead I'm throwing it out here if anyone wants some good parts to swap into their own cars, my STi only had 34000 miles on it and has little wear on anything so let me know guys... and to brucelee I have the sti axle back if you are interested in that
I don't know if you've put it in storage, but i think the insurance company is paying you for a stock STI (maybe with custom alloy rims)... If you wanted to just sell stuff off the car and get the stock piece back for it maybe? I think it might work out a little better than 6800 flat for a broken vehicle... not trying to put you down, just an opinion.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:56 PM

My STI is pretty much stock and they have reimbursted me slightly for the minor modifications i put on and showed receipts for...and I have had several interested people in the 6800 for the whole vehicle...it is a damn good deal, i just dont have the time or tools to part it out myself otherwise I would and make a lot more than 6800
Old 02-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Ouch. buy krinkov's sti.
damn just noticed this thread, thx for lookin out bud! Too late though

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/its-end-era-9-11-03-2-11-09-a-199353/
Old 02-12-2009, 08:34 AM

bumps need it sold soon or else it become progressives, come on guys this is a steal
Old 02-14-2009, 11:49 AM

vday

Quick Reply: Totalled my STi looking for something new