Totalled my STi looking for something new

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by splinter
no it just kinda protrudes out of no where...its really hard to explain and no I wasn't speeding i was going about 35
yeah medians suck, i've almost hit a couple. what are even scarier are the ones that are on the freeway, when the k rail sticks out to cover a pole or something...you see all kinds of tire marks on those in the fast lane
Old 02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
yeah medians suck, i've almost hit a couple. what are even scarier are the ones that are on the freeway, when the k rail sticks out to cover a pole or something...you see all kinds of tire marks on those in the fast lane
Like all up and down 1 in the construction zone... the ever changing lanes.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
damn dude that sucks. glad ur okay. yea u should try to buy the sti back and part out some parts. it'll give u a good amount back.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 2006 AW STi
I hope that bypass on that nice in-dash I installed had nothing to do with it!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
That is totaled? WTF? What year is your car? There's no way that should be totaled unless you have like 200k miles on the odometer and there's more damage that we can't see...

I had to replace my entire driver sides practically (doors, both bumpers, and rear quarter panel as two wheels) Everything was just cosmetic, so nothing was mechanical... I guess its cuz the stuff on my car is a cinch to replace, but my damage was only around 5k and I took it to one of the best body shops in the bay area. I can't imagine your damage being 12k + to total it... If your car was worth 25k, which it probably is because the insurance values your car on the high end, that means you'd have to have $12,500 worth of damage to total your car. Thats A LOT of damage and it doesn't look like your car has that much... I highly doubt your frame is bent according to those pictures.

So, are you assuming/guessing that your car is totaled? Or did you actually have your car appraised by a professional?

can you list the parts that need to be replaced on your car?
Old 02-07-2009, 12:40 AM

Car Info: 04 AW WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
That is totaled? WTF? What year is your car? There's no way that should be totaled unless you have like 200k miles on the odometer and there's more damage that we can't see...

I had to replace my entire driver sides practically (doors, both bumpers, and rear quarter panel as two wheels) Everything was just cosmetic, so nothing was mechanical... I guess its cuz the stuff on my car is a cinch to replace, but my damage was only around 5k and I took it to one of the best body shops in the bay area. I can't imagine your damage being 12k + to total it... If your car was worth 25k, which it probably is because the insurance values your car on the high end, that means you'd have to have $12,500 worth of damage to total your car. Thats A LOT of damage and it doesn't look like your car has that much... I highly doubt your frame is bent according to those pictures.

So, are you assuming/guessing that your car is totaled? Or did you actually have your car appraised by a professional?

can you list the parts that need to be replaced on your car?
Yes it has been declared totaled It was valued around 23000 and it only has 33K miles...I havent gotten a breakdown of the damage but the subframe needed to be replaced, the suspension is blown, 3 wheels, 2 doors, both front fenders, rear quarter panel, front bumper, rotors, brembo on driver front, 2 tires, and some other stuff and obviously some paint and body work...I didnt think it would be totaled but that is what they said, I want a complete breakdown but I was already offered 23K so...
Old 02-07-2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by ciRe_oNe
I hope that bypass on that nice in-dash I installed had nothing to do with it!
no it wasnt from that...I just wasnt paying much attention and it was late and I didnt see the median
Old 02-07-2009, 07:45 AM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza
Well if you'd like to sell off the side skirts I'd be willing to buy them off ya...
Old 02-07-2009, 12:43 PM

23K for your STi? What year is it? Unless its a 2004 bare bones, then I don't understand?

Just to compare, my 06WRX TR with no options with 52k miles on it was totaled at a value of just shy of $20k. Your STi should have cost more then just $3K more then my WRX TR which also had way more miles then yours. Something isn't right here... Your insurance is supposed to give you MORE then what your car is worth in the private party sale... Everyone I know has always received more from the insurance then they could have received from a private sale, like with my WRX... I would have been lucky to get 16k for it if I sold it to a private party, I think they are supposed to give you the retail value for your car and then pro-rate it.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:12 PM

Ya its an 04 pretty much stock..jus had wheels and some other minor things, and they pay you what it is worth...the blue book is around 24.5K for my car...but obviously I am gunna try to milk them for more
Old 02-07-2009, 03:19 PM

if the drivetrain is damged ur pretty much ****ed. The body panels aren't whats most expensive.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
if the drivetrain is damged ur pretty much ****ed. The body panels aren't whats most expensive.
Yeah, which is why I got lucky as hell... All my stuff was cosmetic/body panels.

Now I have a life time warranty on paint and other things through a really great body shop who has been there for 50 years now. I get two keep my old BBS wheels that were scratched up during the accident and they are going to replace everything with brand new oem parts. One stock BBS wheel = $700+ dollars!!! Thats for ONE wheel!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:23 PM

One last thing, who is your insurance company? Sorry if this was asked already. I had Farmers FYI. They always take care of me big time, maybe its time to switch?
Old 02-07-2009, 05:54 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Sorry to hear about your car but glad to hear you didnt get hurt. Good luck with everything.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:41 PM

i have progressive

Quick Reply: Totalled my STi looking for something new