Are there any Vodka distilleries in the bay area? (Possible field trip?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Gibz
If husband and i drink vodka we will usually drink ketel one or gray goose. I also find drinking the "top" shelf alcohols i get less of a headache later.
Thats totally true... You get way less of a headache/hangover with top tier alcohols like vodka and such.

Always remember, the lighter (clear) the alcohol the less of a hangover the next day. (Clear alcohol will give you less of a hangover then dark alcohols). I used to think it was BS, but its true... Never fails.

I can't drink Jagermeister anymore due to the insane hangovers that it brings... Bleh! Have a hard time with cheap whiskey took.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lboogie

I don't really drink that often... I've had the same bottle of Kettle One for about a year now... Typically I'll drink a tiny bit for the taste. I prefer good vodka and high end cognac... Not really a fan of anything else.

Oh, I drink beer a couple times a week but it takes about 10 beers for me to get buzzed. Some of my friends are such light weights that 2 beers will put them under the table... I'm jealous actually.

Speaking of alcoholics, I know this gal that is a heavy alcoholic but it would take A LOT of alcohol to get her drunk, and you wont believe this, but she got gastric bypass so that her stomach shrinks and she only has drink a beer to get totally wasted now! Apparently this is the new thing amongst alcoholics... Pretty crazy if you ask me. Talk about dangerous!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
When I was in Moscow there was some Vodka there that all the hardcore locals drank that was distilled from wood and apparently cheaper than water, I had 1/2 of one shot and it was the worst drink I have ever drank ever. It was what I would assume drinking rubbing alcohol is like.

Mike
I wouldn't drink too much of it, Wood alcohol (Methyl Alcohol) will make you go blind
Old 10-15-2008, 03:34 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by brucelee
Thats totally true... You get way less of a headache/hangover with top tier alcohols like vodka and such.

Always remember, the lighter (clear) the alcohol the less of a hangover the next day. (Clear alcohol will give you less of a hangover then dark alcohols). I used to think it was BS, but its true... Never fails.

I can't drink Jagermeister anymore due to the insane hangovers that it brings... Bleh! Have a hard time with cheap whiskey took.
I dunno man, i can chug Jager and not get a hangover. Think it has to do with my bodysize?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by rau
I dunno man, i can chug Jager and not get a hangover. Think it has to do with my bodysize?
I dunno man, I'm around 250lbs... I think you just have to drink so much that you're drunk off your *** since its not as strong as vodka... All the sugar and crap in it is what makes you dehydrated and gives you a hangover.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
rau
Something Custom

I dunno man, I'm around 250lbs... I think you just have to drink so much that you're drunk off your *** since its not as strong as vodka... All the sugar and crap in it is what makes you dehydrated and gives you a hangover.
true. the only stuff that gives me a hangover is bacardi 151*
Old 10-15-2008, 03:43 PM
rau
Something Custom

When I was in Moscow there was some Vodka there that all the hardcore locals drank that was distilled from wood and apparently cheaper than water, I had 1/2 of one shot and it was the worst drink I have ever drank ever. It was what I would assume drinking rubbing alcohol is like.

Mike
I think its called methanol
Old 10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy

Mike
im getting a raging clue

absinthe? lolz
Old 10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by irrational x
im getting a raging clue

absinthe? lolz
he didnt say green

edit......

is an anise-flavored spirit derived from herbs, including the flowers and leaves of the herb Artemisia absinthium, also called wormwood. Absinthe has a characteristic natural green colour but can also be colourless. It is often called "the Green Fairy". Although it is sometimes mistakenly called a liqueur, absinthe is not bottled with added sugar and is therefore classified as a liquor
Wikipedia corrected me....
Old 10-15-2008, 03:52 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Absinthe is nice. Too expensive for me though - and it doesn't (or at least me and my friends) get you as ****ed up as people say.

And this was with REAL Absinthe, not the fake version.

I say instead of a distillery we should go to a BREWERY. *cough* Gordon Biersch *cough* *cough*
Old 10-15-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by irrational x
im getting a raging clue

absinthe? lolz
Not even close. Absinthe is green, sweet, and tastes like black licorice. (doesn't always have to be GREEN, but typically has color)
Old 10-15-2008, 04:07 PM

Car Info: '05 STi
Costco Vodka FTMFW!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:12 PM

Car Info: '08 cadillac cts
I agree the kirkland vodka isn't too bad haha.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:16 PM

I was tempted to buy that really tall bottle of Kirkland vodka... Comes in a really nice bottle that is like 5 feet tall...

I didn't want to risk it so I stuck with Ketel One. Perhaps next time I'll try the costo stuff (when I have a party)
Old 10-15-2008, 04:22 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
I was tempted to buy that really tall bottle of Kirkland vodka... Comes in a really nice bottle that is like 5 feet tall...

I didn't want to risk it so I stuck with Ketel One. Perhaps next time I'll try the costo stuff (when I have a party)
costco vodka + brita filter ftw

tastes as good as Belv. we used to do that in college lol

Quick Reply: Are there any Vodka distilleries in the bay area? (Possible field trip?)