AT&T says i'm in the top 5% of data usage

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
where? what is it? lol
Old 01-30-2012, 12:25 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
me for the past year

the wife

she gets our monies worth.

edit: can you tell when she was on maternity leave this year?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Yeah what is that app? Speeds slower than Verizon 3g that's just absurd and yeah xevious I can see that
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX sedan PSM
Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
where? what is it? lol
Jailbreak tweak, you can download any size app on 3G, 3G FaceTime, high quality YouTube over 3G etc. you could download infinity blade over 3G (it's over a gig)
Old 01-30-2012, 02:13 PM

update:

called the number from the text. Got a 3 minute long scripted response.

Basically the rep said that they are regulated by the fcc on how much data gets sent over the air, when they go over they have to pay. When your on a tiered data plan (2gb for $25, $10 for another 2gb) that extra $10 goes to the fcc fine. So to make it "fair" for everyone, the people with the unlimited data get throttled and the tiered plans pay more. I don't know how I feel about this.

When I asked "are you guys trying to get people to switch to the tiered plans?"
The rep said no, if you like your unlimited data, you can keep it.

I also found out that the "top 5%" is on a monthly average basis for california, and we apparently have a lot of wifi available, so our average moble data usage is lower than some other states. The top 5% is somewhere in the 2-3gb range. I spiked my usage this month to around 2.5, hence the text.

Damn you AT&T!!!! I guess we have to bend over and take it either way.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
just so you know.. this "regulation" from the FCC is the same regulation which ATT submitted TO the FCC. It was born within the walls of ATT originally to preserve spectrum in accordance with other FCC regulations. It just turned into a bandwidth discussion on ATT's side so they can charge you more. Confused yet?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by johndabrit
just so you know.. this "regulation" from the FCC is the same regulation which ATT submitted TO the FCC. It was born within the walls of ATT originally to preserve spectrum in accordance with other FCC regulations. It just turned into a bandwidth discussion on ATT's side so they can charge you more. Confused yet?
Crystal clear.

I did not know that.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Ive gotten this the last 2 months in a row. I stream Pandora constantly, browse forums when I poop...every time...and play some games online. Also use it as a hotspot (unlimited grandfathered as well and jailbroken) Ive been as high as 6G in a month (streaming wow for several hours lol) and now I cant even get a youtube video to load sometimes. Its definitely slower. *******s.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by brucelee
Another reason ATT can suck my big fat white...
Originally Posted by Heedz
Yes I agree. **** em
Yup haha.

Thats why I LOVE Vz. Im grandfathered into unlim data. Last Nov i used 25.something GB of data (NO tethering). Never heard anything from Vz.

A friend of my talked to a Vz rep and they said they see ppl consistently hit 50GB per month without getting throttled.

So this month... I started using HEAVY data usage around the 18th, and my billing cycle is the 1st-1st of each month. My billing cycle will be ending in just over a day and i am DESTROYING data this month (and less than 1% of the data ive used is due to tethering). If I had started this type of usage from the 1st (instead of the 18th)... I have no idea how much I would have used. As soon as my cycle is up ill post a screen shot of how much i used
Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 PM

Car Info: 03 bucket stage 11/32
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Yup haha.

Thats why I LOVE Vz. Im grandfathered into unlim data. Last Nov i used 25.something GB of data (NO tethering). Never heard anything from Vz.

A friend of my talked to a Vz rep and they said they see ppl consistently hit 50GB per month without getting throttled.

So this month... I started using HEAVY data usage around the 18th, and my billing cycle is the 1st-1st of each month. My billing cycle will be ending in just over a day and i am DESTROYING data this month (and less than 1% of the data ive used is due to tethering). If I had started this type of usage from the 1st (instead of the 18th)... I have no idea how much I would have used. As soon as my cycle is up ill post a screen shot of how much i used
How the hell do you use that much data?! I thought I used my phone alot.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:53 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
You sir are going o ruin it for the rest of us...

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Yup haha.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
i don't use that much data. so i guess...

i am the 95%.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:12 PM

Car Info: 03 bucket stage 11/32
^^^strong location to troll content ratio.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
They actually slowed my **** down last month! Pissed the **** out of me too! I couldn't download ANYTHING without it taking at least a few mins. Called them and *****ed them out, but did no good! **** AT&T!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by subi4justin
They actually slowed my **** down last month! Pissed the **** out of me too! I couldn't download ANYTHING without it taking at least a few mins. Called them and *****ed them out, but did no good! **** AT&T!
They won't do anything, I just looked at my bill 12/17-1/16 which is where I was definitely throttled, used data 1,499,174 which would equal to 1.4gbs and if that was mbs there's no way I sed 1000+GBs lol. WTF. You have to be kidding me, they said I was over 4gbs. Still throttled too. The only want I cannot get throttled is if I get a plan through the dept, which will never happen. Trust me I call in once a week to ***** about my speed living in a rural area on top not being able to get to a page with 4 bars os HSPA when I can't get an address for responding to a call is total BS. They said it ends at the billing cycle well bull****, I'm still within 1mb or less, pages timing out on full bars os HSPA, ATT has gone down the ****ing drain. BTW Stupidchicken03 they will be starting to weed out top users soon from rumor, who knows if it will be done but ****... I know GRIDE's brother uses 25gbs on ATT and hasn't gotten that message yet but I did? ATT GFY

Quick Reply: AT&T says i'm in the top 5% of data usage