Stupid ecu question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 03:27 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
CAuse the o2 sensor went bad? Shouldn't I get a cel if it detects the o2 sensor is bad? What does having an open source have to do with it?
some of us have our CEL codes disabled from the tune. replace the o2 and the code and fuel trim will fix itself as you drive it a couple of times.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:38 PM

Car Info: Reason
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
some of us have our CEL codes disabled from the tune. replace the o2 and the code and fuel trim will fix itself as you drive it a couple of times.
Any tuner worth their salt should not disable the front 02 sensor code. The rear one is regularly disabled - even on the OTS cobb maps for the AP - otherwise most of you catless dudes would be getting a cat inefficiency code allll day.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
front o2 sensor? the one in our exhaust manifolds?
Old 08-18-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by buzzword
Any tuner worth their salt should not disable the front 02 sensor code. The rear one is regularly disabled - even on the OTS cobb maps for the AP - otherwise most of you catless dudes would be getting a cat inefficiency code allll day.
ok.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:41 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Resetting the ECU via pulling the battery is fine and will not get rid of your tune. It will reset all the fuel trims and knock learning, but that's not a problem. Don't worry about how you drive the car after the reset. All my tunes start with the IAM fully advanced, so there's no need to drive it hard right away. Just reset, fire it up, let it idle for a few minutes, and drive as you want.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 08-18-2011, 05:49 PM

Car Info: Reason
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
ok.
All I mean by that is that I was under the (perhaps incorrect) impression that disabling that code could cause problems if that 02 sensor failed and there wasn't any means of notification. My protuned car ran like dookie when the front O2 sensor went out, but my CEL came on and I knew to change the sensor.

Perhaps one of our resident tuners can weigh in again as I am by no means an expert.

/threadjack
Old 08-18-2011, 07:52 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
My tuner Ed up there ^^^ just explained it perfect there... Called yah earlier tOday Ed cause I was kinda trippin... I'm sure you super busy now days with a baby and all thanks anyways...
Old 08-18-2011, 08:13 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

My tuner Ed up there ^^^ just explained it perfect there... Called yah earlier tOday Ed cause I was kinda trippin... I'm sure you super busy now days with a baby and all thanks anyways...
I'm definately very bust these days, but leaving a voicemail is still the fastest way to get a hold of me. I always respond to voicemails the same day whenever possible.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 08-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Didn't feel the need to call your cell phone for this... however i didn't get an answering machine at the shop number?
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Didn't feel the need to call your cell phone for this... however i didn't get an answering machine at the shop number?
Hmm that's strange. We definately have voicemail on the shop line as I get messages all the time . Maybe had to wait another ring or two?

-- Ed
Old 08-19-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by buzzword
All I mean by that is that I was under the (perhaps incorrect) impression that disabling that code could cause problems if that 02 sensor failed and there wasn't any means of notification. My protuned car ran like dookie when the front O2 sensor went out, but my CEL came on and I knew to change the sensor.

Perhaps one of our resident tuners can weigh in again as I am by no means an expert.

/threadjack
I agree with you brah.