sti look alike at downtown subaru on broadway

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 01:08 AM
VIP Member

sti look alike at downtown subaru on broadway

i was at downtown subaru onn broadway today, and in the showroom they had a silver wrx with sti wing, aftermarket wheels, blue and black suade seats. and they are selling it for $29,xxx!!!...might as well get a real sti..
go by and check it out, from far away it looks like an sti with rims

-dashiet

ps. never go to that subaru to get anything done!!!! they told me to come in at 7:30am to get my alignment fixed, so i did, they call me at 3pm telling me the warrently doesnt cover it, or any rattles in the car because its a STi. it took them 7 1/2 hrs to tell me they dont cover it and they didnt fix it, they said come back monday or tuesday if you want it aligned for $149.99. they said straight up they cover other subarus but not STi's. i didnt want to go through anymore bs cuz i had to be at work at 4pm, which i was also 15 mins late to. downtown subaru
Old 01-10-2004, 01:38 AM

Car Info: civic
sorry to hear that, but i knew downtown subaru was an *** to begin with. wanted a price of 24,500 for a totally stock black wrx with like 100 or so miles on it.

so i said f' it and left
Old 01-10-2004, 04:09 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan
I have mixed feelings about those guys.

When I was first shopping for a WRX back in Dec 2001 they wanted 28K for a white sedan, few options. I found my car at Jenson in Napa for 23.5K (more options).

However, Jenson was unable to repair a wheel balance problem I reported to them (pretty easy fix for a shop?), but Broadway farmed it out to a tire shop and had it fixed. They did my 15K and my 30K and everything went fine. I had my RH mirror pop loose (the spring retainer in the mirror assy popped free) and they fixed it on the spot no problem.

Have you talked to John in service at Broadway? He seems to be pretty straight and fair, but he knows I've been in the auto parts business and repair business for a long time so maybe he's wary with me.

Mostly, I just buy parts from them now and have independent guys do the work (unless I do it).

If you need a good shop to deal with you might call Eduardo at 510-793-6067 in Fremont. He is an excellent tech and an all around good guy. Tell him Jim his parts guy sent you.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:30 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by jimr
I have mixed feelings about those guys.

When I was first shopping for a WRX back in Dec 2001 they wanted 28K for a white sedan, few options. I found my car at Jenson in Napa for 23.5K (more options).

However, Jenson was unable to repair a wheel balance problem I reported to them (pretty easy fix for a shop?), but Broadway farmed it out to a tire shop and had it fixed. They did my 15K and my 30K and everything went fine. I had my RH mirror pop loose (the spring retainer in the mirror assy popped free) and they fixed it on the spot no problem.

Have you talked to John in service at Broadway? He seems to be pretty straight and fair, but he knows I've been in the auto parts business and repair business for a long time so maybe he's wary with me.

Mostly, I just buy parts from them now and have independent guys do the work (unless I do it).

If you need a good shop to deal with you might call Eduardo at 510-793-6067 in Fremont. He is an excellent tech and an all around good guy. Tell him Jim his parts guy sent you.
thanks, the person who helped me was josh. he said my tires were even wear, when the insides are down to the thread at 5500 miles and theres still a decent amout of meat left on the outside of the tires. downtown subaru now said they will fix the alignment for free, but they would have to send it out to another shop to get it done, but i dont know how good the people who are doing it.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:37 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan
Originally posted by dashiet
thanks, the person who helped me was josh. he said my tires were even wear, when the insides are down to the thread at 5500 miles and theres still a decent amout of meat left on the outside of the tires. downtown subaru now said they will fix the alignment for free, but they would have to send it out to another shop to get it done, but i dont know how good the people who are doing it.
Try Auto Innovations in Milpitas for alignment...talk to Steve.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally posted by dashiet
they said straight up they cover other subarus but not STi's.
you may want to report that to the Better Business Bureau or Bureau of Automotive Repair...
Old 01-13-2004, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
5500 and the insides are worn.....damn.....that sucks
Old 01-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
When my window motor went out, they had the only one in the bay area so I went there to pick it up. I got lost going there and ended up finding it a few minutes after the parts department closed. I talked to one of the guys out there and he asked the parts lady to get the motor for me and all, I thought that was cool.